Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BULLS SIGN ADRIAN GRIFFIN  (Read 5592 times)
lakerfanryan8
Starter

Respect: 0

« on: July 16, 2006, 08:15:24 pm »

CHICAGO- The Bulls announced that they have signed Dallas SG Adrian Griffin who was formally a Bull at one point in his career

lakerfanryan8 is on the "Greg Oden will be a bust bandwagon."

someguy132
Undrafted

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 08:44:01 pm »

i like him. has class and plays smart. but why three years??? especially when hes gonna be playing behind kirk bg duhon sefalosha and jr smith and then maybe this talk of deng at the 2. so thats like 5-6 guard before him. unless they are thinking jr as trade bait. maybe get rid of duhon too =)
Josh
MVP

everything is just a headache

Respect: +1556

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 09:15:04 pm »

well, they found a couple of minutes for piatkowski a night.  maybe they're just hedging their bets?
3sixD
Benchwarmer

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 09:39:33 pm »

man griffin is a great defender i really like him. like u say this must mean someone is going to get traded, who will it be.........

stringbean
Undrafted

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 03:20:10 am »

Its hard not to trust my man Paxson. But dont you guys think we have a log jam at SG and SF. I sure would hate for Pax to collect all of these pieces and get stuck. Signing Griffin is great if you are guarentted to trade someone for front court help (Power Forward).

Cant imagine him signing another SG/ SF without another move up his sleeve.
JMitch10
Star

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 05:18:14 am »

Yea Adrian is a GREAT defender and not a very bad spot up shooter either which is a very under rated stat of this guys. I am a mavs fan but i like the bulls and love what Pax is doing with them aquiring lots of ammo and mayb leading to a trade with the jam at SF/ SG if anyone has any info on that. Also really wish the Bulls would have gotten KG but that didnt happen! Sad

The Mavs didn't choke, they got strangled!

^^^Big ups to bballinyao06
3sixD
Benchwarmer

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 06:17:13 am »

yea someone is gonna get traded soon, but griffin is a veteran and great defender, a role player. Exactly what the Bulls need.

JSouth#23
Star

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 06:40:11 am »

I think they picked him up so he can provide some leadership.  The bulls are still very young.
BlueDemon
Benchwarmer

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006, 08:50:14 am »

Quote from: "lakerfanryan8"
CHICAGO- The Bulls announced that they have signed Dallas SG Adrian Griffin who was formally a Bull at one point in his career

The Trib says JR Smith will now be traded to Denver for Howard Eisley and two 2nd round draft picks.  Eisley will then be waived.

I'm not a fan of this move - it amounts to trading JR Smith for Adrian Griffin and two #2 picks.  I know Pax/Skiles preferred a veteran off the bench and aren't a fan of players with bad practice skills and attitudes but why not give JR a chance before dealing him?  They could be kicking themselves if JR gets his head on straight...
cucumberjones
Benchwarmer

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006, 06:16:56 pm »

Adrian Griffin will be the starting SG for Chicago next year.
BlueDemon
Benchwarmer

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 07:27:09 pm »

Quote from: "cucumberjones"
Adrian Griffin will be the starting SG for Chicago next year.

I'm going to pretend I didn't read that, cucumber...
cucumberjones
Benchwarmer

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2006, 12:43:05 am »

You wait, you watch, you see. It will happen. He was starting for Dallas, who had Devin Harris, Marquis Daniels, and Jerry Stackhouse sitting on the bench behind him. Goron will get more minutes, but Griffin will be the starter; he's better as a starter. He hustles, he's a good rebounder, he's a very good defender, and his shooting is pretty damn money for being a journeyman. Adrian Griffin will be the starting shooting guard for the Bulls in 07.
zunami
Star

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2006, 12:58:13 am »

You wait, you watch, you see. It will happen. He was starting for Dallas, who had Devin Harris, Marquis Daniels, and Jerry Stackhouse sitting on the bench behind him. Goron will get more minutes, but Griffin will be the starter; he's better as a starter. He hustles, he's a good rebounder, he's a very good defender, and his shooting is pretty damn money for being a journeyman. Adrian Griffin will be the starting shooting guard for the Bulls in 07.
Exactly. Adrian Griffin started in the first 3 games of the finals!! If he started 45 of his 52 games for a championship contender, i don't see why it would be absurd to think he'll start for the bulls. That being said tho, I'm too not confident about the Bulls' offense. They need a PF or C who can score points, they just lost Songaila to the Wiz. And just when Bulls fans are anxiously waiting for Paxson to sign Wilcox, they sign Griffin instead. It's official now, the Bulls are out of the market for Wilcox. They're not gonna have the money. And don't tell me about the howard eisley thing, they still wont have enough.
BlueDemon
Benchwarmer

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2006, 06:20:29 am »

It's just not going to happen.  Gordon would pitch a fit - he's up for an extension soon and he sees himself as a starter.  If he found out he would be hitting the pines, he'd hold out so fast it would make your head spin.  Griffin was brought in for veteran leadership off the bench and he'll probably sniff about 10-15 mins a game.  His situation with the Mavs doesn't interest me.  I know what he brings and I know what his role was on a very similar Bulls team two years ago and I don't see that role changing much when he come back this year.

Save and clip this thread.  GRIFFIN WILL NOT START (barring injury, of course).
zunami
Star

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2006, 06:28:43 am »

Quote from: "BlueDemon"

It's just not going to happen.  Gordon would pitch a fit - he's up for an extension soon and he sees himself as a starter.  If he found out he would be hitting the pines, he'd hold out so fast it would make your head spin.  Griffin was brought in for veteran leadership off the bench and he'll probably sniff about 10-15 mins a game.  His situation with the Mavs doesn't interest me.  I know what he brings and I know what his role was on a very similar Bulls team two years ago and I don't see that role changing much when he come back this year.

Save and clip this thread.  GRIFFIN WILL NOT START (barring injury, of course).
I don't think he'll start either, just saying its a possibility. Scott Skiles doesn't like Ben Gordon because he doesn't play defense so it doesn't matter how much Gordon seems himself as a starter. Then again I think Gordon is the best choice to start because somebody has to put the ball in the basket out of the starting five.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: