Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 2012 Draft  (Read 7892 times)
Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

Respect: +2046

« on: February 11, 2012, 12:11:32 pm »

Looking a bit ahead here, but who do you guys have your eyes on? I'm really hoping the ping pong balls bring us a top 3 pick.

I'm fiending to put a big man next to Greg, Anthony Davis (1st choice) and Andre Drummond (2nd choice).

JR
a.k.a. JR the BeatBeast & Mr. Solo Dolo & Queensbridge
Hall of Famer

#RARE

Respect: +337

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 02:38:00 pm »

Perry Jones or Thomas Robinson make sense for where Detroit projects to land its pick.

rip32
Journeyman

I like him better now

Respect: +2

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 11:12:13 am »

With the fifth pick in the 2012 NBA draft, the Detroit Pistons select....Thomas Robinson

If we can get Harrison Barnes, the pistons should trade the rights to Kyle Singler
JR
Hall of Famer

#RARE

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 11:36:11 am »

With the fifth pick in the 2012 NBA draft, the Detroit Pistons select....Thomas Robinson

If we can get Harrison Barnes, the pistons should trade the rights to Kyle Singler
Singler isn't an asset Detroit fans should be happy about. He won't turn into anything but what Walter Hermann used to be.

lilskip
Benchwarmer

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 05:46:02 pm »

@ 1st Drummond seemed like the best fit for us now leaning towards Davis for simple fact of hoping he turns into a Tyson Chandler type player.
JR
Hall of Famer

#RARE

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 07:56:06 pm »

@ 1st Drummond seemed like the best fit for us now leaning towards Davis for simple fact of hoping he turns into a Tyson Chandler type player.
Drummond = true C, exponential amounts of potential.
Davis = near sure thing. Wouldn't say hes Chandler esqe though.

so he fits more next to Monroe.  But that's only if you win the lottery. Robinson or Jones make more sense (or even Sullinger)

Player - Best/Likely/Worst

Davis - Garnett/Jefferson/Thomas
Drummond - Horford/Nene/JThompson
Robinson - Boozer/Millsap/Gooden
Jones - Jamison/Gallinari/A.Randolph
Sullinger - PGasol/Lee/Haslem

ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 11:22:37 pm »

By Jefferson, please tell me you mean Davis reminds you of Al Jefferson.

Johnny Rico
a.k.a. Gucci La Flair & TheLakeShow & Deadmau5
All-Star

Hi Jazz

Respect: +39

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 06:24:08 pm »

My fav is Andre Drummond, who is a freak athlete, being compared to Al Horford and Nene. lol

JR
Hall of Famer

#RARE

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 05:49:21 pm »

Al Jefferson of course. who do you think i meant, Richard?

My fav is Andre Drummond, who is a freak athlete, being compared to Al Horford and Nene. lol

You don't watch Nene play much. Horford I can't speak as much too, perhaps i got him confused with another player i thought was athletic.

Super_Nintendo_Chalmers
a.k.a. Rowan_Barrett & Handsome_B_Wonderful
MVP

Respect: +73

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 07:52:13 pm »

Anthony Davis is ideally who they'd want next to Monroe but he's the top talent in the draft, so he's ideally what anybody would want.
Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

Respect: +2046

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 08:51:02 am »

Anthony Davis is ideally who they'd want next to Monroe but he's the top talent in the draft, so he's ideally what anybody would want.
Basically. And now the Pistons can't stop winning so the odds of us getting him are slipping away.

rip32
Journeyman

I like him better now

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 08:46:42 pm »

Basically. And now the Pistons can't stop winning so the odds of us getting him are slipping away.

Looks like we have an easy schedule coming up, for the most part. The only reason we are losing now is because we need another big man that can score and play big (Main reason to loss at Cleveland).

By the looks of it, I think the Pistons will remain the 11th seed in the East and most likely get a late lottery pick.  Maybe trade for a big man and draft a SG like Lamb. 
JR
Hall of Famer

#RARE

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 02:12:19 am »

Sullinger & Henson if you believe Monroe is a center and not a PF (he's been good at C, so maybe keep him there even if PF is defiantly his natural position) Leonard & the Zellers if you think Monroe should play PF. They will/should all be around where Detroit will land (7th-10th)

rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 07:49:30 am »

Bobcats/Washington/Detroit/Sacramento/New Orleans will certainly get a top 5 pick... so yeah the pistons may have a bright future. why not amnesty Villanueva? yeah not BG (he can still help a contender)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 10:58:10 am by rye » Logged

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

Respect: +48

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 10:41:46 am »

Bobcats/Detroit/Sacramento/New Orleans will certainly get a top 5 pick... so yeah the pistons may have a bright future. why not amnesty Villanueva? yeah not BG (he can still help a contender)

For what? We are still over the cap either way if we keep him or not.  We arent contenders so by cutting him we wont gain much FA even if we did have money.  Joe Dumars is actually doing the smart thing by preserving it until we actually need it and right now we dont
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: