Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why haven't we heard anything from Orlando?  (Read 5671 times)
chromal
Undrafted

Respect: +1

« on: February 18, 2012, 09:01:36 am »

Searching here brings up 40 pages of Dwight Howard, so if this has been done to death, my apologies.

I just saw on the front page a quote from Stephen Jackson saying he'd love to play next to Howard. Which brings my point, I understand the players cant move themselves to that team, but surely Orlando has to be able to offer some type of deal not involving Ryno that can net a player to help out the team more.

I'm not saying they arent trying everything they can behind the scenes, because I know we're not privy to that information, but with less than a month away I'd think things would start heating up.

Guess I'm still clinging to some shred of hope that D12 is not going anywhere.
chromal
Undrafted

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 09:06:48 am »

Then again if this rumor happened, I'd like it I think?

http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981123524
madawg49
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1581

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 09:15:24 am »

With what trade assets?  They stupidly traded Bass for Big Baby.  Who will net them a impact player?  Nelson?  Reddick?  Turk?  JRich?  Duhon?

chromal
Undrafted

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 09:19:24 am »

Didn't like the Bass for Big Baby, but Bass here was a waste period you know that. Could they have done something better, probably, but Bass wasn't gonna be sought after anyways.

And I don't know, but you can't possibly tell me they can't do something. That was the whole point of my post.

I mean you CAN tell me that, I just wouldn't believe it. That's what they get paid for, it's their job to figure it out.
chromal
Undrafted

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 09:20:49 am »

Then again the J-Rich contract extension was definitely questionable too, since he hadn't earned it.

Guess they should find someone new to pay to figure these things out?
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 09:41:40 am »

Then again the J-Rich contract extension was definitely questionable too, since he hadn't earned it.

Guess they should find someone new to pay to figure these things out?

There have just been moves that sent away their trade assets. 

-They traded Lewis (who is like a $17 million expiring contract, this season) for Arenas. 

-They traded Vince Carter's expiring deal AND their best "young" guy in Gortat for Turk and JRich.

Those were terrible deals that has handcuffed the GM with a mediocre roster and no trade assets surrounding the second most impactful player in the league, whilst having the second highest payroll in the league.

chromal
Undrafted

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 10:05:44 am »

So at this point Orlando is done, they can either pull the trigger and trade him for Ellis/Lee/3rd player or hope someone around him decides to elevate to superstar status before the end of the season?

Hello Lee/Ellis screw the 3rd player!
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 10:09:10 am »

Do you really want to trade Dwight Howard for a combo guard and an overpaid, defense-challenged PF? 

LKdude
Hall of Famer

Respect: +150

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 11:29:11 am »

If the Magic are trying to get Howard to stay in Orlando by surrounding him with the right pieces, it's going to be tough.  As it stands right now, Dwight is confident that the Magic can NOT win a championship.  But as was discussed in this thread, even if you do seek some help, there are not many trade assets that other teams are interested in.  I do think that the Bass-for-Davis deal is not a bad one (for either team), but at the same time, the Magic without Howard are a (to put it kindly) subpar team.  Besides Dwight, none of their good contracts are expiring this year (except for Anderson, and the team becomes significantly worse with him gone). 

The best thing at this point, it would seem, would be to play well enough to even hope to entice Dwight to consider staying in O-town.  See how the team plays between now and about a week before the trade deadline, and if their good play lasts (they are currently 3rd in the East), then maybe Howard would like to stay.  Otherwise, better make damn sure he doesn't leave for nothing because that would be a travesty.  Can't bank on the lottery balls all the time.   
MagicFanMan
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 01:50:00 am »

So believe me or not, but the word I got from someone in the organization that's close to the players is that if Otis leaves Howard will stay. We alway knew there was something going on in the background that we weren't being told. This may or may not be it however, but the source is reliable.

Let's see if I'm right.
Red_Dragon
MVP

Most Underrated 2012 - Global Moderator 2014

Respect: +814

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 02:32:12 am »

So believe me or not, but the word I got from someone in the organization that's close to the players is that if Otis leaves Howard will stay. We alway knew there was something going on in the background that we weren't being told. This may or may not be it however, but the source is reliable.

Let's see if I'm right.

If that's the truth he should already be gone.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: