Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3 way deal: Atlanta - Portland - Washington  (Read 2609 times)
oscuas
Undrafted

« on: May 29, 2007, 11:09:43 am »

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=150~2786~959~2983~2768~550~1017~1000~385&teams=22~27~27~1~1~27~27~1~22

Add Atlanta #3 pick to Portland

Atlanta's benefits: Atlanta would obtain a good PG (Jack), a future star in the inside (Aldridge) and a consistent, strong, and rebounding Center (Haywood).

PG: Jack/Lue
SG: JJohnson/Chilldress
SF: Smith/Marvin
PF: Aldridge/Shelden
C: Haywood/Zaza

Portland benefits: Portland could pick Conley with #3 and would obtain a great experience scorer with Jamison. In addition, would take off contracts and problems of the couple Z-Bo and Miles.

PG: Conley/Rodriguez/Speedy
SG: Roy/ Jones
SF: Jamison / Udoka / Outlaw
PF: LaFrentz / Magloire
C: Oden / Przybilla

Washingotn benefits: with Z-Bo obtain a great scorer inside; this situation would give his space to Caron Butler and multiplying the offensive options with Salim. If Miles can play, would have a multiple-positions player with great lity.

PG: Sands/Daniels/Speedy
SG: DeShawn/Salim
SF: Butler/Hayes
PF: Randolph/Songaila
C: Thomas/Lorenzen/Booth

What do you think Huh

Regards.
Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 11:35:20 am »

It's not bad and it ticks the boxes but it's a bit big!!

a) I think ATL would rather take Conley than get Jack.
b) Not sure DC would take on Miles just to get Randolph.

honestly I think a Jamison/Randolph deal (+ extras) is much more likely.

p.s i think you've forgotten a certain DC pg called Arenas lol  :wink:

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

The well-run Hoopshype alternative
knowledge
Benchwarmer

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 12:26:03 pm »

Certainly intriguing.  I think ATL would welcome Jack back (Georgia Tech).  I think ATL should really try and move this pick.  Conley is not a number 3 pick and if you can dump Speedy's contract you have to pull it off.  Jack and Aldridge would both be starters and Haywood would get significant minutes.  However, Aldridge now blocks minutes reserved for Marvin and Shelden.  And your best player, Josh Smith, would be taking significant minutes at the 3.  It's a problem, but I guess it would be a good one.

I think this would be an excellent deal for Washington and Portland as well, except Conley almost has to start right off the bat.  Washington would be better with Randolph over Jamison and Miles and Butler could play the wings.  Could you imagine Arenas, Miles, Butler, and Randolph on the floor together?  Not much D, but plenty points.

MillBillie
Undrafted

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 12:53:41 pm »

Portland will not trade aldridge it is a deal breaker! Wont happen period. :x

Welcome to Portland ... Aldridge and Roy
CraftyVet
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 12:57:40 pm »

Quote from: "Happiness1982"
It's not bad and it ticks the boxes but it's a bit big!!

a) I think ATL would rather take Conley than get Jack.
b) Not sure DC would take on Miles just to get Randolph.

honestly I think a Jamison/Randolph deal (+ extras) is much more likely.

p.s i think you've forgotten a certain DC pg called Arenas lol  :wink:

Ditto, Blockbusters like this don't happen very often, and people on this board seem to overlook the simple trades that make a team better.

Although as many players that are involved, this is still a very intriguing deal. You solve a lot of problems for the 3 teams involved, while still managing to balance out the contracts. This deal must of took a while to figure out, so kudos to you for finding out such a nice deal, as unlikely as it may be simply because of the size of it.

legenderypete
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 01:22:57 pm »

i dont think it work because i dont see portland givin up on randolph and aldridge even if they get jamison(who is a tweener)
CraftyVet
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 01:37:51 pm »

Portland also gets Mike Conley Jr., so in Portlands case they give up a proven scorer, and a proven convict (that was low) in Zach Randolph and in return they recieve one of the classiest, and talented players in the NBA in Antawn Jamison. They also trade virtually Lamarcus Aldridge and Jarrett Jack for Mike Conley Jr., and given Mike Conley's potential and chemistry with Greg Oden, they might not be giving up too much.

PLUS they get rid of Darius Miles. Which is always a positive.

phiboy207
Starter

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 07:51:40 pm »

Once again, this deal is a current rumor, so why not have some fun with it?

Anyway, this is one of the few trades I've seen here that I actually like for us.  I agree that we'd prefer Conley over Jack, but hey, Aldridge is a decent consolation for the downgrade.  I'd prefer Rodriguez over Jack, because I think Sergio has more of an upside.  But I wouldn't be heartbroken either.  We could always draft Law or Crittenton @ 11 if we wanted more upside there.  Not sold on Haywood, but he is still an upgrade over anything we've got in the post.  I wonder if we could take his contract with our court mandated salary issues, but those prolly won't be an issue after next season anyway (oh god, please).  Anyway, getting Haywood and Aldridge on top of Sheldon, Smith, and Zaza would give us a lot of flexibility on the post.

I like the deal from Portland's and Washington's perspective as well.  Miles in the deal could be the best option.  If he plays can then Washington gets a steal.  If not, then he comes off the cap.  No harm, no foul.  Portland rids itself of the remmants of the "Jail Blazer" era, officially moves into the next era by pairing Conley and Oden, and Jamison is a great compliment to Oden too.

My only thought on any deal concerning Portland and Atlanta is why wouldn't Portland take one of our SFs?  Not a criticism, just a question.

I like the deal, good job...

oscuas
Undrafted

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 06:45:49 am »

Hi Happiness1982

Sorry, I traduced Arenas for "Sands"
ahahahaha

Do you imagine a team with Miles, Z-Bo and Arenas ??
You're correct about these people can be a dangerous mix for the chemistry of the Wizards, but if it works can be one of the most attractive team of the East, and by all means, a strong candidate to playoffs.

It is clear that DC must make changes to improve their team, because at now is clearly that it will not be able to win to Pistons or Cavs.

You are right in that the simple deals usually are more effective, but one as this would benefit the same to the 3 equipment

Ey, this is just my opinion, but I'm not BK.... although I would like...
ahahaha
themadkiwi
MVP

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 07:25:21 am »

No one is trading for Miles... have you seen him lately? He looks like the Michelin man.
oscuas
Undrafted

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 07:46:11 am »

Miles, Kemp..... what happens with this guys ??

I love basket, and having physical conditions like Miles or Kemp, for me had been something wonderful....

This people had a gift, and they demonstrate very little pride, passion and professionalism by a sport that, among other things, has made very very very rich !!!!!!

what a pain.....
Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 04:23:50 pm »

Oscuas, Kiwi is correct here imo. I can certainly see DC taking on the problem of Randolph as they need size but asking them to take Miles too is a bit too much. Maybe S+T Magloire or use Ghostface to make the salaries work but not Miles.

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

The well-run Hoopshype alternative
BIZIB4U
Journeyman

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2007, 10:41:50 am »

Quote from: "MillBillie"
Portland will not trade aldridge it is a deal breaker! Wont happen period. :x

yes they will  --Aldridge is not the franchise = Oden is - so everyone is up for grabs lol

THE WORLD IS YOURS...WHAT U GOING TO DO WITH IT?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: