Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: i can solve atlantas problems  (Read 1882 times)
GSWfaithful
Journeyman

« on: May 31, 2007, 10:17:44 pm »

atlanta gets: andre miller

philly gets: speddy claxton, josh smith and maybe the 11th pick if        the salaries don't match up

atlanta finally gets their pg and it also allows them to committ to a quality big man with their 3rd pick and the sixers help themselves because a) pairing up josh smith and iggy is nuts and b) they're in rebuild mode and a young josh smith and the 11th pick is a huge step toward building a young, quality, playoff contending team.
tong
MVP

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 10:23:33 pm »

wow... atlanta is not stupid enough to do that. why trade away a solid backup, one of the best young players in the league, and your acie law pick for a passer?

themadkiwi
MVP

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 10:28:11 pm »

I think you just gave Atlanta a whole new set of problems.
SunsRock101
Star

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 10:42:20 pm »

One of the worst trade offers I have ever seen.

I don't listen to critics. So you can keep doubting me, but I don't hear you.
tong
MVP

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 10:46:19 pm »

please do not gm my team

Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 01:43:14 am »

in his defence, Smith is supposedly a problem, they really need a passer, and #11 may not get them Law, who's no miller anyway.

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

The well-run Hoopshype alternative
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 03:50:31 am »

a good trade to me. andre miller sure is going to get recognition if he carries atlanta somewhere

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
oscuas
Undrafted

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 06:52:37 am »

Dear GSWfaithful

I'm going to be honest with you: are you drunk Huh

Regards and Go HAWKS !!!!
GSWfaithful
Journeyman

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 02:30:20 pm »

maybe i should defend myself here:

a) we should all look at how good pass first pg's help an athletic team like the hawks (look at what guys like steve nash and tj ford did for their teams)

b) acie law is not going to do anything in the nba stoudemire can't do for them already so why not use the 11 in a package.

c) josh smith is a good young player but he's inconsistent and considering the crap thats coming out of his mouth of late, he looks to be a problem waiting to happen. plus you have guys like marvin williams and childress that can step in for him right away.

d) i'm sure all the guys who think this is a dumb trade thought it was dumb for the raptors to trade villenueva too. bottom line, having all these wing players isn't working so why not get a quality pg
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 04:38:40 pm »

That's giving up way too much for something that can easily be solved with the draft.

This is only similar to the Villanueva trade in that it involves a point guard, and after that the similarities end.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
CraftyVet
All-Star

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2007, 06:10:27 pm »

Quote from: "Mild Sauce"
That's giving up way too much for something that can easily be solved with the draft.

This is only similar to the Villanueva trade in that it involves a point guard, and after that the similarities end.

LOL Trudat!

Why in the world would Atlanta deal away Josh Smith and the 11th Pick for an aging, not to take away from his talent, point guard in Andre Miller.

GSWfaithful
Journeyman

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2007, 06:26:13 pm »

Quote from: "CraftyVet"
Quote from: "Mild Sauce"

LOL Trudat!

Why in the world would Atlanta deal away Josh Smith and the 11th Pick for an aging, not to take away from his talent, point guard in Andre Miller.

to win
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2007, 06:43:00 pm »

But with what they give up, it wouldn't necessarily lead to winning. The only way I could see them trading for Miller is if they offer Childress and the pick.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: