Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Monta Ellis Playing out of position?  (Read 6459 times)
DCuzWuzHere
a.k.a. iAwesome
Star

U.O.E.N.O.

Respect: +266

« on: March 05, 2012, 12:03:06 am »

I think people would say he's a combo guard, but why not utilize him as a full time PG?   a lil comparison

Russel Westbrook is 6'3'' 187 lbs ave 23.6 and 5 and 5
Derrick Rose is 6'3'' 190 lbs ave 22.3 and  7 and 3
Jeremy Lin is 6'3'' 200 lbs ave 14.6 and 6 and 3

Monta Ellis is 6'3'' 185 lbs ave 22.2 and 6 and 3(not to mention he plays off the ball a lot and is still up to 6 assists a game this season)

seeing all the success had among bigger and more athletic/scoring PGs,  I just don't see how it could hurt to slide Monta to PG full time.  Curry is the PG of the future in GS, but Monta seems to be on the block so....

Purpose:  Lakers need a PG and scoring punch, why not deal for Monta Ellis but bring him on as Starting PG?

All new All iAwesome Team
PG-Kyrie Irving
SG-Lance Stephenson
3-Under Review
PF-Demarcus Cousins
C-Joakim Noah
majestic canadian smurf
All-Star

Respect: +650

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 12:16:08 am »
+1

I've been saying for a while that I'd like to see GSW play Curry back into trade value, try to get a young big man for him, or picks, and roll with Monta and Klay. I think that back court would be really potent, and Monta is far less of a liability on D at the point guard spot.

DCuzWuzHere
a.k.a. iAwesome
Star

U.O.E.N.O.

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 12:25:31 am »

I totally agree with this, personally I'd go with Monta over Curry(pending ankle).  GSW/fans seem to be in love with Curry though.  I think the truth is they're both similar PGs and one has to go.  Trade one or the other for a big and move forward.  Plus Both are defensive liabilities at the 2 position anyway.

PG-Kyrie Irving
SG-Lance Stephenson
3-Under Review
PF-Demarcus Cousins
C-Joakim Noah
majestic canadian smurf
All-Star

Respect: +650

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 01:09:40 am »

I just think Monta's talent is too great to throw away for the lesser trade value that you'll get in return, especially when you've just drafted a perfect offensive compliment to play next to him in the back court.

DCuzWuzHere
a.k.a. iAwesome
Star

U.O.E.N.O.

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 01:19:37 am »

interesting...so you'd take Monta over a healthy curry? 
then move Monta to PG, start Clay.

ideally who could you get for a healthy Curry, I assuming a big.

PG-Kyrie Irving
SG-Lance Stephenson
3-Under Review
PF-Demarcus Cousins
C-Joakim Noah
GSW1Bulls
All-Star

Respect: +683

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 05:42:43 am »

No way you put Monta as a PG over Curry. Curry is ten times the PG Monta is. Monta lacks the ability to play as part of a team, he's a great scorer and solid offensively but he ball hogs like mad. Your PG needs to be leading the team, creating plays, getting people into good spots and getting them the ball. Look at what Lin has been doing, look at what Nash and Rubio do.

Ellis might work as a PG for a team that has no other option but there is no way you would trade curry and put Monta in the PG spot, Klay woud never get a touch of the ball.

Curry understands what a point guard needs to do and understands how to work with others. Ellis has a one track mind.

Ship Ellis and get us a solid low post player.

Curry & Klay > Ellis & Klay.

Te only real issue would be if Currys injury doesn't get sorted Klay couldn't carry the backcourt.

Pretty sure a first round exit is a foregone conclusion for the Warriors no matter what.
my prediction was wrong
“One man can be a crucial ingredient but one man cannot make a team.” - Kareem

“Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable.” - Pat Riley

DCuzWuzHere
a.k.a. iAwesome
Star

U.O.E.N.O.

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 10:20:16 am »

Monta for milsap?

Utah runs monta at point?

PG-Kyrie Irving
SG-Lance Stephenson
3-Under Review