Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Who do we take with the (likely) #9 pick?  (Read 12550 times)
thetravellingpalmer
Starter

Respect: +28

« on: May 08, 2012, 11:37:47 am »

Some mock drafts have Jared Sullinger and Perry Jones going to Detroit at #9. Workouts and interviews will likely play into some guys draft stock, so this is really advanced speculation.

Just curious who you believe they should take?

I would be shocked if Detroit actually moved up in this draft. If anything they'll move down from someone else bouncing up. Small market teams don't get top picks when they first few picks are loaded with talent.
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 11:41:11 am »

Knowing Detroit they wont do anything except stay at 9. I say a little prayer for us everyday that the balls bounce our way on the 30th, but we can't plan for that to happen.

I am not really wild about this draft, after Davis I don't see many players that have star potential. I think Kidd Gilchrist will be a good player, with Drummond and P. Jones having a lot of upside but a high percentage chance of being busts. Everyone else in the top 10 I have a hard time seeing being more than a solid rotation player.

Most mock drafts have guys like Henson, Sullinger, P. Jones, T. Jones, Zeller going in our range. I could live with P. Jones or Sullinger. Obviously P. Jones has tons of potential but his work ethic and bball IQ are concerns.

I would be open to giving the Rockets a call and seeing if they have interest in moving up to 9 in exchange for the 14th and 16th picks. We could pick up a Meyers Leonard and one of the other bigs that unexpectedly drops. Or try to trade the 9 pick to a bad team for an unprotected pick next year and hope to get a top lottery pick next year along with our own mid-first rounder.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 10:28:08 am by ivosucks22 » Logged

Johnny Rico
a.k.a. Gucci La Flair & TheLakeShow & Deadmau5
All-Star

Hi Jazz

Respect: +39

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 04:39:46 pm »

We should draft Draymond Green and some foreigner.

rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 11:17:26 am »

With the #2 pick in the draft the Pistons select............

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
Johnny Rico
All-Star

Hi Jazz

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 09:27:33 pm »

They won the championship that year...

Szahh
MVP

Respect: +37

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 04:48:45 am »

But that guy didn't contribute much. With a better selection, they could still be a good team.
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 10:09:48 am »

It only took five posts to get from "who should we draft with the 9th pick?" to "Darko didn't contribute much to that championship team".

Success.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 10:12:24 am by ivosucks22 » Logged

Szahh
MVP

Respect: +37

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 07:45:13 pm »

It only took five posts to get from "who should we draft with the 9th pick?" to "Darko didn't contribute much to that championship team".

Success.

I am very talented, just like Darko. I contribute to the threads a lot.
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 07:06:06 am »

They had a great line up and Rasheed was the missing piece.. They were strong for about five more years since that mistake.. (Ok they had Stuckey for Darko in the long run but Wade/Melo are players that come only once in a decade) imagine if the Pistons had Wade/Rip/Billups/Prince/Wallace A and B....

he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

Respect: +2046

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 12:21:05 pm »

I'm really hoping we can draft Hasheem Thabeet. We could use his length.

Johnny Rico
All-Star

Hi Jazz

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 02:18:23 am »

Lance Ursala

Red_Dragon
MVP

Most Underrated 2012 - Global Moderator 2014

Respect: +814

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 02:23:43 am »

I think they're gonna take Sullinger.

John Henson is also a good pick.

rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2012, 02:03:56 pm »

Seriously, the Pistons need either a small forward to take Prince' place in the future or a PF along with Monroe. since most small forwards will most likely be taken from 1-8 (MKG/Barnes) they can go ahead and take sullinger,. i think him being at 9 is still very possible.

Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

Respect: +48

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2012, 04:04:15 pm »

Please let us take John Henson, shot blocking athletic Big who can catch Lobs from BK
Johnny Rico
All-Star

Hi Jazz

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2012, 04:23:56 pm »

Please let us take John Henson, shot blocking athletic Big who can catch Lobs from BK

Absolutely not.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: