Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: monta ellis  (Read 1501 times)
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« on: June 04, 2007, 05:55:47 am »

what do you think the warriors will do with this kid? they say he'll be as good as tony parker in a few years but baron davis is only about 30 and has a lot of good years left. will they trade him or will he stay?

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
CraftyVet
All-Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 06:06:25 am »

I can't see why they would trade him. The Warriors can be set at the 2 guard for the next 10-15 years, and why throw that away just because you 'can't make room' on the roster for an up and coming superstar. If you want to create more playing time for Monta, deal away Jason Richardson for a Big. That's what the Warriors sorely lack.

tong
MVP

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 10:23:00 am »

Quote from: "CraftyVet"
I can't see why they would trade him. The Warriors can be set at the 2 guard for the next 10-15 years, and why throw that away just because you 'can't make room' on the roster for an up and coming superstar. If you want to create more playing time for Monta, deal away Jason Richardson for a Big. That's what the Warriors sorely lack.

agreed. jason + jackson/harrington for a decent runner. and baron said it himself: "Monta is the future of this franchise." and mullin's in love with him. why would they deal him?

turk
Star

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 02:20:13 pm »

Quote from: "atong518"
Quote from: "CraftyVet"

agreed. jason + jackson/harrington for a decent runner. and baron said it himself: "Monta is the future of this franchise." and mullin's in love with him. why would they deal him?

To get the impact player they feel they need to get them over the top (ie KG) perhaps. I personally hope they do not. Also consider the greater liklihood that J-Rich will be traded and Pietrus will be gone. If this takes place Monta becomes the starting 2 guard which changes things significantly. If Pietrus stays (assuming Richardson goes) then Monta shares the 2 guard duties with Pietrus and continues to back up Baron unless they pick up another backup point. That' how I see it but I believe there is a slight possibly that Monta gets moved if the opportuunity comes up for a marguee player and he's the only thing keeping it from happening.

--turk--
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: