Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Should the Pacers trade Granger?  (Read 18069 times)
Oscar Rafone
MVP

Respect: +452

« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2011, 04:13:29 pm »

Not be defenSive,answer to my post

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man

GrangerDanger
Journeyman

Oh. My. God. Becky.

Respect: +15

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2011, 12:39:56 am »

No, not yet. But the minute George shows you he deserves it, you do it. But trading Granger early when Paul George could just become a 3 and D guy with athleticism is ridiculous. Wait for Paul to show you something first. Also I disagree with you Oscar, in that Roy Hibbert definitely has good potential while Collison and Hansbrough have yet to reach their peak, although theirs may not be as high. Save Granger, let the whole team gel...who knows, maybe Paul George could make a better SG this year, or maybe not. He could be anything at this point.

Oscar Rafone
MVP

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2011, 02:03:13 pm »

No, not yet. But the minute George shows you he deserves it, you do it. But trading Granger early when Paul George could just become a 3 and D guy with athleticism is ridiculous. Wait for Paul to show you something first. Also I disagree with you Oscar, in that Roy Hibbert definitely has good potential while Collison and Hansbrough have yet to reach their peak, although theirs may not be as high. Save Granger, let the whole team gel...who knows, maybe Paul George could make a better SG this year, or maybe not. He could be anything at this point.
But here we come again to the question:how can George really show his talent if he is forced to play out of position(and the fact that seems to be grown two inches from last year push him more twards the SF role)?
If you have to trade Granger,you have to trade him as soon as possible,otherwise you should look to trade George for a proven SG

UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2011, 10:35:43 pm »

I dont a team should ever trade their 'best player'. NBA championships are won on 'best players'.
GrangerDanger
Journeyman

Oh. My. God. Becky.

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2011, 05:43:30 am »

But here we come again to the question:how can George really show his talent if he is forced to play out of position(and the fact that seems to be grown two inches from last year push him more twards the SF role)?
If you have to trade Granger,you have to trade him as soon as possible,otherwise you should look to trade George for a proven SG

I just don't have the heart to give up George haha. But as it stands, I think he'll get minutes backing up Granger at the 3 anyway, and if he really is a star in the making it'll show over 66 games, even in limited minutes at his "natural position."

Oscar Rafone
MVP

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2011, 11:36:20 am »

I just don't have the heart to give up George haha. But as it stands, I think he'll get minutes backing up Granger at the 3 anyway, and if he really is a star in the making it'll show over 66 games, even in limited minutes at his "natural position."
George is going to start as SG,because Indy does not have any decent SG in their roster aside from Hill who has to share also the PG job with Collison and Danthay Jones who has to back-up both Paul and Granger

UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2011, 12:50:43 am »

i think you need to be unique to win in this league, pacers having the longest wing combo in the nba can be our identity.
GrangerDanger
Journeyman

Oh. My. God. Becky.

« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2011, 06:44:58 am »

George is going to start as SG,because Indy does not have any decent SG in their roster aside from Hill who has to share also the PG job with Collison and Danthay Jones who has to back-up both Paul and Granger

Not debating that George starts at the 2. I'm saying he's getting all of the backup SF minutes, since the Pacers have no backups at that spot since Dunleavy bolted. Though they have shown flashes of a 3 guard lineup with Collison-Hill-Jones which was electric, but that seems more like a gimmick lineup than anything else. Paul will get the backup SF minutes for the most part.

UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2011, 02:55:53 am »

Not debating that George starts at the 2. I'm saying he's getting all of the backup SF minutes, since the Pacers have no backups at that spot since Dunleavy bolted. Though they have shown flashes of a 3 guard lineup with Collison-Hill-Jones which was electric, but that seems more like a gimmick lineup than anything else. Paul will get the backup SF minutes for the most part.

you really dont need a backup SF in the nba, not many teams have a backup SF that can really hurt you, your better off playing small off the bench and trying to use your bench for energy.
Oscar Rafone
MVP

« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2011, 10:19:13 am »

you really dont need a backup SF in the nba, not many teams have a backup SF that can really hurt you, your better off playing small off the bench and trying to use your bench for energy.
WTF???NBA benches are full of players that can be pretty dangerous if you left him too much space(Beasley,Harrington,T-MAC,Korver,and so on).Every NBA team would need at least 10 players that can play decent basketball

UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2011, 04:13:35 am »

WTF???NBA benches are full of players that can be pretty dangerous if you left him too much space(Beasley,Harrington,T-MAC,Korver,and so on).Every NBA team would need at least 10 players that can play decent basketball
Check again...
Backup SF's in the nba.

Boston: Aleksandar Pavlovic
Nets: Shawne Williams
Knicks: Bill Walker
76ers: Andres Nocioni
Raptors: Gary Forbes
Bulls: Kyle Korver
Cavs: Alonzo Gee
Pistons: Austin Daye
Bucks: Mbah a Moute
Hawks: Tracy McGrady
Bobcats: Reggie Wiliiams
Miami: Shane Battier
Magic: Quentin Richardson
Wizards: Jan Vesely

Mavs: Vince Carter (Beaubis pg, Delonte sg)
Rockets: Terrence Williams
Grizzlies: Xavier Henry or Sam Young
Hornets: Quincy Pondexter or Al-Farouq Aminu
Spurs: James Anderson or Kawhi Leonard
Nuggets: Corey Brewer
Wolves: Derrick Williams
Thunder: Daequan Cook
Blazers: Nicolas Batum
Utah: Gordon Hayward
Warriors: Klay Thompson
Clippers: Ryan Gomes
Lakers: Matt Barnes
Suns: Josh Childress
Kings: Francisco Garcia

none of these players are dangerous enough to cause problems for D.Jones except D.Williams/Batum but ones a rookie who should play more backup PF and the other will play more starting minutes with LaMarcus at center.

Shaben
Journeyman

Respect: +7

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2011, 04:51:53 pm »

Unless you're trading him for Rondo or someone with an important impact, then no.

Pacers should keep the lineup the way it is.

You guys have a center in Hibberts, power forwards in West/Hansbrough, small forward in Granger, shooting guard in  George.

What you guys really need is a pure point guard. Collison is the only thing holding this team back from winning a potential championship. His stats are okay, but he's not good enough to carry the Pacers through. He falls down a lot, makes  too much turnovers, if you had someone like Rondo instead, you'd probably get through the Bulls. But with Collison, your chances are not guaranteed.
DanLewisFortWayne
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2012, 03:34:03 pm »

NO
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Jump to: