Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brilliant trade idea  (Read 3748 times)
zunami
Star

Respect: 0

« on: July 18, 2006, 05:41:37 am »

scroll down
Mr. Bad Example
Undrafted

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 09:33:08 pm »

Brilliant certainly doesn't begin to describe this trade proposal. Butt head does. How does this make the Sonics better? Gooden at center, what are you smoking? Marshall starting HuhHuhHuh Where's Seattle's back up point guard. (I was thinking Watson might beat out Luke with a whole training camp).
Wow

Sacred cows make a mighty tasty burger when you know what tempature to flip them at. - The Rev. Billy C. Wirtz
clarkdogg
Undrafted

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 02:33:23 pm »

Seattle has three pretty good options for years to come at center.  If they lock up Wilcox, their front court is in great shape.  They just need to get some stability back to the team to return to what they began in 2004/2005.
Arenas0
Benchwarmer

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 03:21:10 pm »

Gooden isn't a center, he played SF when he played with the Magic, so that should tell you something. The Cavs don't Watson either, they've already had him...the trade for Flip. Not a bad idea though. Even though the Cavs wouldn't do this.

zunami
Star

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 08:18:32 pm »

lol i have to admit im a cavs fan so i made things a little messy for the sonics. yea gooden at center is not good. but neither are the sonics. they would have three center projects and none of them starting... not good at all. another reason it wouldnt work is that the sonics dont look like they want to commit to a big contract guy right now.
zunami
Star

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 05:21:24 pm »

cavs: gooden (sign to 2 yr deal since the sonics dont want big contracts), marshall (dont start him bc then gooden would hav to be the center), 1st round pick, damon jones (backup pg, 3-pointers...), pavlovic (hell lets just get as many 3-point shooters as possible)

sonics: wilcox, watson and fortson (contract expires next year), their best 2nd round pick for 2007 and 2008.

ok now i made the trade unbiased. i added a 1st round pick, damon jones and pavlovic for the cavs. for the sonics i added fortson and two early 2nd round picks. the sonics would be getting much better value from these, plus the costs of the whole trade could be arranged to be practically identical for both teams.

SONICS STARTING LINEUP

ridnour
allen
lewis
gooden
the project trio: swift/petro/sene

PRIMARY BACKUPS

jones
pavlovic
wilkins
marshall
collison (obviously he'd play pf if one of the three projects is on the court)

swift, petro and sene would have plenty of room down low with so many shooters on the perimeter. this way they would all develop faster offensively which is especially important for sene.

with the 1st round pick from the cavs and their own 1st round pick they could trade up and move very high in the draft. and hopefully they wouldnt draft a project center.
blackmist_1
Benchwarmer

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 03:06:16 pm »

Quote from: "zunami"
SONICS STARTING LINEUP

ridnour
allen
lewis
gooden
the project trio: swift/petro/sene/Denham Brown

PRIMARY BACKUPS

jones
pavlovic
wilkins
marshall

swift, petro and sene would have plenty of room down low with so many shooters on the perimeter. this way they would all develop faster offensively which is especially important for sene.

with the 1st round pick from the cavs and their own 1st round pick they could trade up and move very high in the draft. and hopefully they wouldnt draft a project center.

Sounds like Sonics are better then I thought when I see it on paper. Add in my boi Denham Brown. I always have to boost him up in every way I can. :wink:

Micheal Jordan > Then ALL
and Now his life force flows through Kobe Bryant

shot outs to: '***'  < For hooking Me UP!
zunami
Star

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 03:22:58 pm »

Quote from: "blackmist_1"
Quote from: "zunami"
SONICS STARTING LINEUP

ridnour
allen
lewis
gooden
the project trio: swift/petro/sene/Denham Brown

PRIMARY BACKUPS

jones
pavlovic
wilkins
marshall

Sounds like Sonics are better then I thought when I see it on paper. Add in my boi Denham Brown. I always have to boost him up in every way I can. :wink:
glad you like it, especially since im a cavs fan and not a sonics fan. pavlovic and jones are better fits in seattle than cleveland. i can imagine cleveland getting more out of fortson than what they could get out of pavlovic and jones combined next year. and two early 2nd round picks is better than a 25th or so first round pick. it works for both teams.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: