Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Trade Idea Thread  (Read 25874 times)
STAT City
a.k.a. Boozy & Ice-O
MVP

Respect: +30

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2012, 04:15:30 pm »

NO Hornets are looking to package the 10th pick with one of Ariza or Oakafor in attempt to clear some salary.

They are currently in need of a point guard, I was thinking a Jose for Ariza and 10th pick would help both teams, Hornets save a huge chunk of cash, and we pick up a serviceable wing defender and a very desirable 10th pick.

i like ur thinkin

AlienOverlord
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2012, 04:43:34 pm »

NO Hornets are looking to package the 10th pick with one of Ariza or Oakafor in attempt to clear some salary.

They are currently in need of a point guard, I was thinking a Jose for Ariza and 10th pick would help both teams, Hornets save a huge chunk of cash, and we pick up a serviceable wing defender and a very desirable 10th pick.

How does taking on Calderon's 10mil clear salary? He's still got two years left doesn't he?
Red_Dragon
MVP

Most Underrated 2012 - Global Moderator 2014

Respect: +814

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2012, 04:50:39 pm »

How does taking on Calderon's 10mil clear salary? He's still got two years left doesn't he?

No, this is his last year on contract.

STAT City
a.k.a. Boozy & Ice-O
MVP

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 08:45:02 pm »

i ran this one in the trade machine

3 team trade:

Raptors Receive: Lowry, Ariza, Okafor, 10th pick
Rockets Receive: Ed Davis, Calderon
Hornets Receive: Bargnani, James Johnson, Marcus Morris

-raptors select River & Sullinger with 8th & 10th picks. hopefully

Kyle Lowry/Jerryd Bayless(re-signed)
DeMar DeRozan/Austin Rivers
Trevor Ariza/Linas Kleiza
Jared Sullinger/Amir Johnson
Emeka Okafor/Jonas Valanciunas

Jarrett Jack/Greivis Vasquez
Eric Gordon (re-signed)/Xavier Henry
Al-Farouq Aminu/James Johnson
Anthony Davis/Jason Smith
Andrea Bargnani/Gustavo Ayon

- Eric Gordon gets some scoring help from Bargnani

Goran Dragic(re-signed)/Jose Calderon
Kevin Martin/Courtney Lee(re-signed)
Chandler Parsons/Chase Budinger
Luis Scola/Patrick Patterson/Ed Davis
Marcus Camby(re-signed)/Samuel Dalembert

MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2012, 11:11:42 pm »

Hornets would love that deal, not so much for Houston

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
Kyle_G
a.k.a. Cbosh4awin & Reptar
MVP

Respect: +1198

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2012, 11:57:08 pm »

Hornets would love that deal, not so much for Houston
Why? They're going to Draft Anthony Davis, no sense in having a slightly overpaid PF.
STAT City
a.k.a. Boozy & Ice-O
MVP

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2012, 12:38:17 am »

Why? They're going to Draft Anthony Davis, no sense in having a slightly overpaid PF.

i mean yeah slightly overpaid but he sure can hep out with scoring and is a former #1 pick himself. in NOH the pressure is off of him to be a franchise, be-all-end all, player.

AlienOverlord
Benchwarmer

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 08:25:49 pm »

NOH is looking for someone to take Ariza or Okafor in exchange for their 10th pick and we end up giving away Ed Davis, Calderon, JJ and Bargnani? In return we take both unwanted contracts off their hands? They might do Ariza for JJ and give us the 10th as well. In which case we'd be giving up a lot for Lowry.
STAT City
a.k.a. Boozy & Ice-O
MVP

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2012, 11:12:56 pm »

lowry is a legit starter. JJ isnt worth much. Ariza is an upgrade to him. plus ariza can defend better. calderon isnt really useful for us at this point. he's used to land a better PG. JJ was really just a throw in, dont need him. we'd already have kleiza as a backup.

they way im looking at it is we move bargs and Ed davis while keeping our 8th pick, gaining another top 10 pick, a legit starting PG, better defender than Calderon, thats for sure, and a starting SF & C.

we get Okafor to man the paint til Valanciunas is really ready. Sullinger i think is NBA ready. if rivers becomes a legit 6th man, in no time he can move into the starting lineup. again, this is just my scenario in which they DO pick Sullinger & Rivers.

IMO, this is really the type of creativity the toronto market has to pull off to be able to get some starting level players on their team.

Red_Dragon
MVP

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2012, 12:13:17 am »

I also think Sullinger will be a good player. He has the fundamentals and the maturity to have a long NBA career. Not sure if he is the best fit with us if we are keeping both Ed Davis and Amir.

AlienOverlord
Benchwarmer

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2012, 06:25:17 am »

The kind of creativity where we give teams more than they're asking for? NOH wants to get rid of Ariza (why?) and Okafor and they are offering the 10th pick as incentive. Sounds like they want to unload those contracts and will give away the 10th pick to whoever takes them, so why are we offering so much?
STAT City
a.k.a. Boozy & Ice-O
MVP

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2012, 04:58:10 pm »

its not like either are bad players. but why keep these guys around when they are building around (hopefully) Eric Gordon & Anthony Davis? still gonna be a lottery team the following year so another potential top 10 pick.

Fireball
a.k.a. Vict
Star

Respect: +143

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2012, 10:17:31 pm »

its not like either are bad players. but why keep these guys around when they are building around (hopefully) Eric Gordon & Anthony Davis? still gonna be a lottery team the following year so another potential top 10 pick.

Sorry. Rivers is going lower than 8. I would rather keep Ed Davis and give em Demar and Draft Lamb AND Rivers.  Why else would they strongly consider Lamb at 8? Demar didn't show a lot of growth. A Squad of:

Kyle Lowry/
Jeremy Lamb/
Trevor Ariza/
Ed Davis/
Jonas Valanciunas/

This teams Greasy.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 10:24:32 pm by Fireball » Logged

"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court" - Alvin Williams
STAT City
a.k.a. Boozy & Ice-O
MVP

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2012, 10:40:18 pm »

Sorry. Rivers is going lower than 8. I would rather keep Ed Davis and give em Demar and Draft Lamb AND Rivers.  Why else would they strongly consider Lamb at 8? Demar didn't show a lot of growth. A Squad of:

Kyle Lowry/
Jeremy Lamb/
Trevor Ariza/
Ed Davis/
Jonas Valanciunas/

This teams Greasy.

i do like this idea. im not a big fan of derozan. its time to count ur losses and move on but i know many toronto fans wanna say give him a chance or whatever. u dont wanna end up overpaying him like bargnani. trade him beforehand.

Red_Dragon
MVP

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2012, 12:35:17 am »

i do like this idea. im not a big fan of derozan. its time to count ur losses and move on but i know many toronto fans wanna say give him a chance or whatever. u dont wanna end up overpaying him like bargnani. trade him beforehand.

I agree 100%.

Im worried the Raptors go and give Derozan like an 8 Million Dollar contract.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up

Jump to: