Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: rudy gay  (Read 2935 times)
humboldt
Star

The official drink of hoopshype

Respect: +29

« on: June 05, 2012, 05:23:02 pm »

The home page the other day said the warriors we going to pursue trading for gay. What do you think of this idea? I think it could be a good idea if we can get it for the 7th pick. After that we would just need one more ball handler and some big man depth to be a somewhat competitive team.  J wouldn't want to give up curry klay or bogut. Other then that I could let just about anybody go

. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
B.King
Star

Respect: +41

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 05:16:40 am »

I would add Lee to the list of players to keep. The ideal scenario is to trade Jefferson who Memphis can amnesty, Wright and the 7th pick. Memphis will probably ask for Rush and the 30th pick in addition to Jefferson and the 7th. That would be too step of a price for me.

humboldt
Star

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 09:51:33 am »

I think adding rush would be fine. He stepped up big last season yes but it was a contact year for him and I doubt he keeps his production up. I can  agree with keeping lee just because I don't see us getting a replacement for him via free agency.

. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
Jay
Star

Respect: +7

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 12:27:23 pm »

If the Dubs can get Rudy Gay for essentially the 7th pick, then they'll be a playoff team. However, unless there is a player that they love at that 7th pick, then I would have to assume they would want Klay.
B.King
Star

Respect: +41

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 12:43:14 pm »

Keeping the pick or trading it away has more to do with how ownership perceives the roster. I think they are a fringe playoff team next year keeping the pick. Trading for an established SF will make them a serious playoff team if everyone stays healthy, but not a contender next year.

I just don't think that they should overpay as they still need depth. I would collect assets and get some experience and target 2014/2015 season as the year to make a serious run in the playoffs. Beidrins and Jefferson will be off the books.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 04:52:05 am by B.King » Logged

humboldt
Star

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 12:53:54 pm »

If the Dubs can get Rudy Gay for essentially the 7th pick, then they'll be a playoff team. However, unless there is a player that they love at that 7th pick, then I would have to assume they would want Klay.
If barnes slips that far I think he would fit really well in memphis as all the scouts say he is a very tram oriented player who would accept the roll given to him. If not sullinger will probably be available and he would fit nicely into the grizzlys front court as a third big man. Its probably still a pipe dream that they give up rudy for just the pick though.
Keeping the pick or trading it away has more to do with how ownership perceives the roster. I think they are a fringe playoff team next year keeping the pick. Trading for an established SF will make them a series playoff team if everyone stays healthy, but not a contender next year.

I just don't think that they should overpay as they still need depth. I would collect assets and get some experience and target 2014/2015 season as the year to make a serious run in the playoffs. Beidrins and Jefferson will be off the books.
I agree we shouldn't give up any of the core players on the team for rudy but of we can nab him for a bad contract and a mid Lottie pick I'm fine with it because he can be a go to guy offensively for us. I also think its time to consolidate and start buliding a winning culutre so that we can start to lure in the solid mle type players who want to play on competing teams off the bench.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: