Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: thoughts on the draft  (Read 7512 times)
humboldt
Star

The official drink of hoopshype

Respect: +29

« on: May 30, 2012, 03:41:05 am »

What are your guys thoughts? I really think we need a three that can isolate and create his own shots. I think the best case would be barnes dropping to 7 for us a couple of mocks I've seen have that happening any but Idk. Do you guys have anybody else in mind?

. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
B.King
Star

Respect: +41

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 04:12:55 am »

The Warriors just need some luck to keep the pick. They have been to the lottery 20 times and have lost 10 spots overall. Utah must be hoping GS keeps it trend of crummy luck at the lottery.

I would take the best available player regardless of position. We have players at every position. Bogut and Curry are health concerns and more depth at those positions would be nice.

Jay
Star

Respect: +7

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 11:53:44 am »

We'll see if they get to keep the pick tonight. If they do, I think Barnes or Kidd-Gilchrist make the most sense but I've seen mocks where they're both gone by the 5th pick. They're in a bit of a pickle because the team needs depth, but they also need to actually hit on a player in the draft. If they can find a way to trade up to get a dynamic player who can help right away, rather than another project, then it'll be a successful draft and start to the offseason.
humboldt
Star

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 11:47:55 pm »

The Warriors just need some luck to keep the pick. They have been to the lottery 20 times and have lost 10 spots overall. Utah must be hoping GS keeps it trend of crummy luck at the lottery.

I would take the best available player regardless of position. We have players at every position. Bogut and Curry are health concerns and more depth at those positions would be nice.
I can agree with taking the best player available but I really think we need one more player who can create his own offense. With hellish gone and currys health concern I think we could use a play maker

. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
GSW1Bulls
All-Star

Respect: +683

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 03:37:36 pm »

Preferably a 3 or maybe a 4, either way they MUST be defensively solid.

Pretty sure a first round exit is a foregone conclusion for the Warriors no matter what.
my prediction was wrong
“One man can be a crucial ingredient but one man cannot make a team.” - Kareem

“Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable.” - Pat Riley

gogo2disco
MVP

Respect: +356

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 11:42:13 pm »

Best case is Barnes slipping. I don't see MKG slipping out of the top 5. Lamb or Beal would be the best available picks for the wing slots, realistically. Slide Klay to the 3. Warriors would rain 3s all day if they sported a Curry-Lamb/Beal-Thompson lineup, wow.

They could gamble on Perry Jones as well, to start at small forward. Or take Jared Sullinger, but they already have Lee and Bogut.
B.King
Star

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 07:28:12 pm »

I like Perry Jones a lot too, but this draft can go a lot of different ways. I think that there will be 3 to 5 solid players available. Let's hope they don't make a pick leaving us scratching our heads.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but Jared Sullinger scares me. Drafting him would remind me of Ike Diogu all over again.

GSW1Bulls
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 11:22:32 am »

I think this is one of the deepest drafts we've seen for a few years, any pick in the top 20 has the potential of grabbing a great player. So I'm not concerned about getting someone talented but I am concerned about getting someone who is willing to be coached and will buy into the system.

I would like to think they'll concentrate on frontcourt players. We don't need any backcourt players.

For our first pick I'm thinking Perry Jones or John Henson. Jared Sullinger is a solid player but not good enough to be drafted that high imo.

For the later pick I think Draymond Green or Ezeli.

Pretty sure a first round exit is a foregone conclusion for the Warriors no matter what.
my prediction was wrong

“Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable.” - Pat Riley

B.King
Star

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 02:19:25 pm »

I hope the Warriors don't package the 7th pick for someone as marginal as Chandler.  I am now in favor of keeping the pick to see what drops to our slot.

humboldt
Star

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 10:58:40 pm »

I completely agree king. If chandler is the best available through trade I would rather gamble on who ever drops

humboldt
Star

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 06:14:01 pm »

Pretty freaking stoked

GSW1Bulls
All-Star

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 02:13:59 pm »

We don't really need another scorer, I wanted to see a strong defensive presence. But it could have been a lot worse.

To clarify he's a great scorer and it will definitely help but I just feel like we needed some sort of defensive presence aside from Bogut.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 02:33:53 pm by GSW1Bulls » Logged

my prediction was wrong

humboldt
Star

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 05:42:52 pm »

Yeah we need a solid wing defender how ever barnes seems like he is completely coachable and will buy into the team concept. With some time and adding some wieght he should be a decent defender.
And after checking the salaries page the warriors are at 63 million before barnes gets his contract so figure 65 at the start of the season hopefully next year when we lose about 15 million of the books we can pick up are wing defender and a solid back up big

B.King
Star

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2012, 11:15:50 pm »

As much of a gambler that I am, Barnes over Drummond was the right thing to do. I forget how highly rated Barnes was coming out of HS and his game should blossom in the NBA.

Festus is going to be a ton of fun to watch him get some minutes.  He looks like he might be a beast.  I can live with him just playing defense and rebounding for now.

gogo2disco
MVP

Respect: +356

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2012, 02:43:36 pm »

Best case is Barnes slipping.

YEAH!!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: