Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Warriors Rumors  (Read 43621 times)
tong
MVP

Respect: 0

« on: June 06, 2007, 07:11:59 pm »

The OFFICIAL Warriors rumors thread!
I dunno what to say yet, because nothings really been buzzing around the warriors, and I'm not really in the know, so someone start us off!

DeronWilliams
MVP

Respect: +1081

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 08:59:45 pm »

Rumor is that the Jazz beat them in the playoffs. Thats just what i heard...
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 09:02:53 pm »

:shock: NO WAY DERON YOU ARE WRONG WRONG WRONG!

Soon....
DeronWilliams
MVP

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 09:08:48 pm »

Quote from: "cselby"
:shock: NO WAY DERON YOU ARE WRONG WRONG WRONG!

lol xD
LKdude
Hall of Famer

Respect: +150

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 09:34:02 pm »

Quote from: "DeronWilliams"
Rumor is that the Jazz beat them in the playoffs. Thats just what i heard...

OOOOOOOOOHHHH.
DeronWilliams
MVP

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 10:40:45 pm »

Im bored, hi.
tong
MVP

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 01:52:00 am »

Ok... the warriors are thinking of moving up in the draft to get yi jianlian. thoughts?

hawks4life
Starter

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 05:34:32 am »

he's perfect for the Warriors. He can play the Center position instead of Biedrins. Yi can definitely shoot better than Andris, and we all know that the Warriors love to shoot jump shots. The Warriors don't do that much in the post, which is Yi's weakness. Hope that the Warriors move up.

Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 05:42:14 am »

yeah, he's quite explosive for a 7-footer. it would be a sight to watch a foreign two-headed centers

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
turk
Star

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 11:41:30 am »

He'd play 4. He could never play Center in the NBA at least for a few years. Even though listed at 7', I believe he's only 6'11 max (you could see him next to Gasol in one of his highlight reels he's at least two inches smaller than him). He could play 3 also (he has the quickness for it). The one biggest criticism he has is that he's too soft and although I don't totally agree with that, I do not think he would be physical enough to play 5, mainly because he's not a very good defensive player and the big Centers would chew him up alive and spit him out. He can score and he can score in the paint from what I've seen. He seems to be the prototype Nellie type player too (assuming Nellie decides to return) so I wouldn't be surprised if they did go after him.

--turk--
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 02:36:57 pm »

Are Warriors intrested in trading Stephen Jackson? Honestly, I think he hurts that team with his shot selection.

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
turk
Star

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2007, 04:56:33 pm »

Quote from: "mohammad-baller"
Are Warriors intrested in trading Stephen Jackson? Honestly, I think he hurts that team with his shot selection.

Sure they would, if they could get anything for him. There's very few (if any) teams who would touch him right now with his court case pending.

--turk--
GSWfaithful
Journeyman

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2007, 12:56:31 pm »

i saw some footage of Yi the other day and the kid looks slower then dirt i honestly i don't know what some teams in the 5-10 range see in this guy. he's skinny as hell, slow and he's dodging one on one workouts with everyone. i'd much rather have noah or julian wright. julian wright on the warriors would be a perfect fit, the guy is bananas.
tong
MVP

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2007, 05:47:48 pm »

sorry bro, but i trust mullin and nellie.

turk
Star

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2007, 01:33:53 pm »

Quote from: "GSWfaithful"
i saw some footage of Yi the other day and the kid looks slower then dirt i honestly i don't know what some teams in the 5-10 range see in this guy. he's skinny as hell, slow and he's dodging one on one workouts with everyone. i'd much rather have noah or julian wright. julian wright on the warriors would be a perfect fit, the guy is bananas.

Skinny? He weighs in at 245. You may have been looking at some old footage. He's put on a lot of weight and it appears to be muscle.

Here's an older video, it may be the one you've seen.

His game is very American oriented and doesn't seem as Euro as I would expect.

Check these out. The first one is an interview he recently did and the one below it is his top 10 dunks. Notice in particular the last one. That's him blowing by Pao Gasol.

http://blog.nola.com/sportswrapup/2007/05/top_5_nba_draft_pick_chinas_yi.html

He has reportedly gained another 15 pounds since those were filmed (now 245). I like him quite a bit and I think he could be very good or could be a flop, depending on which team drafts him. I think he would do well in a team like the Warriors, whose system will cover up some of his defensive deficiencies which I'm sure he'll have. What I really like most is his quickness and his ability to get up and down the court. It'll be interesting to see where he goes.

--turk--
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

Jump to: