Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Warriors Rumors  (Read 43620 times)
GSWfaithful
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2007, 05:59:08 pm »

i don't even like the highlights of this guy. i saw some legit basketball talent on a couple plays but i would like to see more with the level of competition he faces he also doesn't rebound and plays no D. and if you think nellie doesn't care about that part of someone's game then you're crazy because that is the only reason he sat charbarkapa the entire season and that came from his own two lips.
tong
MVP

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2007, 06:03:47 pm »

zark was injured...

GSWfaithful
Journeyman

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2007, 06:24:28 pm »

Quote from: "atong518"
zark was injured...

not in the second half of the season nellie just didn't want him out there because he wouldn't rebound. he even sat harrington a couple times becuase of the same thing. if you aske me nellie has a huge influence on mullin and i don't see nellie backing a Yi pick over a guy like juilan wright.
tong
MVP

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2007, 06:33:32 pm »

wow.... you really think that wright will land to the warriors? nellie himself said that he likes yi. do you really know what you're talking about?

GSWfaithful
Journeyman

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2007, 07:10:27 pm »

when and where did you hear that? and do you think yi will fall to us? if we can trade up for yi we can trade up for wright
tong
MVP

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2007, 07:39:36 pm »

julian is undersized for pf/c, and thats what we need. we dont need another goddamned sf.

yi would fit perfectly with the warriors needs, and nellie would mold him into a very, very good player.

GSWfaithful
Journeyman

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2007, 08:33:36 pm »

wright is a better rebounder then yi hands down
jordan
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2007, 09:38:42 pm »

Wright isn't that good.
Next.
tong
MVP

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2007, 10:54:01 pm »

Quote from: "jordan"
Wright isn't that good.
Next.

thank you lol.

turk
Star

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2007, 11:09:44 am »

Wright isn't that good.
Next.

You call Yi a stringbean? lol with Wright. He's like 30-35 lbs less than Yi and really a tweener. You talk about someone getting beat up in the NBA. I'm not saying that Yi's the pick, I don't care but that was Gasol he blew by on that one play. On the Warriors D wouldn't be a problem and Yi would do quite well with his rotating zone which would limit the amount of man-to-ma he would have to play which is where he would have the most trouble and would be a really big problem on just about any other team than the Warriors. Whether or not Yi would be the Warriors best pick if they were to somehow have the ability to get him is certainly a big question, but I am almost certain that the Warriors would be the best place for Yi to wind up and would be his best chance for immediate success due to his size, his speed and quickness, and the style of play. The huge fan base he would receive would also be a big plus for him.

--turk--
tong
MVP

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2007, 11:11:12 am »

Quote from: "turk"
Wright isn't that good.
Next.

You call Yi a stringbean? lol with Wright. He's like 30-35 lbs less than Yi and really a tweener. You talk about someone getting beat up in the NBA. I'm not saying that Yi's the pick, I don't care but that was Gasol he blew by on that one play. On the Warriors D wouldn't be a problem and Yi would do quite well with his rotating zone which would limit the amount of man-to-ma he would have to play which is where he would have the most trouble and would be a really big problem on just about any other team than the Warriors. Whether or not Yi would be the Warriors best pick if they were to somehow have the ability to get him is certainly a big question, but I am almost certain that the Warriors would be the best place for Yi to wind up and would be his best chance for immediate success due to his size, his speed and quickness, and the style of play. The huge fan base he would receive would also be a big plus for him.

thank you! yi would be very marketable here in the bay because of the large population of asians here.

turk
Star

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2007, 11:17:47 am »

Quote from: "turk"
Wright isn't that good.
Next.

thank you! yi would be very marketable here in the bay because of the large population of asians here.

I don't know what the Warriors are planning, nor do I know what some of the other teams are thinking who pick in front of them (Chicago is rumored to be pretty high on him with the 10th pick) but I do believe that he would be a great fit in the Bay Area for all the reasons mentioned. What their intentions are is anyone's guess as they are rumored to be in the KG hunt and possibly interested in Marion. If they do a deal of that magnitude, their draft pick is likely gonna go out the door and they most surely would not be in a position to trade down. I miagine we're going to know one way or the other pretty soon with the draft rapidly approaching as some of these deals are going to finally start to be consummated.

--turk--
tong
MVP

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2007, 05:16:14 pm »

the most rumored deal atm is jason richardson and  (maybe) the 18th pick to the bucks for their sixth pick and a filler.

turk
Star

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2007, 04:30:28 pm »

the most rumored deal atm is jason richardson and  (maybe) the 18th pick to the bucks for their sixth pick and a filler.

You know, I'm not all that crazy about trading down at this point. There's a lot of really good players out there looking to be moved who can really help the Ws. I'd much rather see if the Warriors could land one of those first, before I trade Jason for a draft pick.

The Warriors are in a pretty unique position. Of all the teams out there, I don't know if any (due to the Warriors depth at the wing positions) are in a position where they could possibly trade two of their starters (not any 2) and and still be pretty strong. That's why I wouldn't mind trading both J-Rich and Harrington in order to get a player who is better than each of them individually, ie Odom > K-Rich and Odom > Harrington but Odom < J-Rich + Harrington. It is because Odom < J-Rich + Harrington that this trade might be realistic. There's a real logjam with trying to move all these bigtime players (KG, Marion, Kobe, O'Neal) and others because of the cap situation that most are in and the fact that it would require most teams to give up too much in order for the team which has them to get close to fair value. In addition, most of these players want to play with a team who they believe can contend.

How is someone going to contend if they have to give up 2/5 of their starters? The Warriors are one of the few teams that could (as long as they don't give up too much beyond that). I would say that for me they could trade any two players except for Baron, Biedrins and Monta, in that order and if they got a superstar (or close to one back) they would be pretty solid. If it turns out that they can't get any of these guys (that includes Odom and I would even consider Kirilnko although we wouldn't have to give up two starters in his case) then we trade down but I still believe that there's something out their for the WArriors and I sure don't know what Nellie and Mullin have up their sleeves. If feel like they've got something in mind.

--turk--
tong
MVP

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2007, 10:55:02 pm »

honestly, i think that jason smith would be perfect on the warriors. i hope he falls.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Jump to: