Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Roy Hibert  (Read 5967 times)
nester66
Star

Respect: +23

« on: July 01, 2012, 06:05:13 am »

Max offer extended to Roy Hibert of Indiana. Worth it? He really didn't take his game any higher this last year, staying nearly the same as the year before. When I think max offer, I think Shaq and Duncan, not Hibert. Your thoughts? He's a solid player and should do good, but why did we waste our 11th pick on a center we won't ever play?

Zander
Hall of Famer

Respect: +269

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 06:59:38 am »

But a player like Shaq or Duncan on a max contract were also veterans, which means a max contract for either of them would be about 30% higher than our offer on Hibbert. Also the guy is an All-Star center in today's NBA. He wouldn't have been in the past, when the game was less guard oriented. But if a 25 year old All-Star isn't worth the max then there aren't a lot of people who are.

Either way, I love the offer. I hope Indiana doesn't match but they probably will. Yeah it's a lot of money but if Hibbert did end up on the Blazers then we'd have a very complete and young starting 5.

Sig by bbyao06
nester66
Star

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 08:58:06 pm »

Yeah, I don't see Indiana not matching, but you never know. I just wasn't sure about a 8 rebound per game center being top caliber. That he is an allstar with 8 rebounds and only 2 blocks per game, it's kind of sad. Luckily 70% and above on ft's is nice and he doesn't get in horrible foul trouble often. And he's a legit 7 footer, to pair up with our new one. Still, I wouldn't give a max offer to anyone who wasn't a superstar. But that may just be me.

Zander
Hall of Famer

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 01:27:11 am »

I just wasn't sure about a 8 rebound per game center being top caliber. That he is an allstar with 8 rebounds and only 2 blocks per game, it's kind of sad.

Big reason for that is he's never played 30 minutes a game. Foul trouble being the main reason. Per 36 minutes he got 10.6 rebounds and 2.4 blocks last season.

Sig by bbyao06
nester66
Star

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 03:13:43 am »

I thought he didn't get in much foul trouble, due to his averages of 3 per game basically over his whole career. So he fouls like crazy, gets hardly 8 rebounds and 2 blocks, and can't crack more than 30 minutes per game, and we're going to offer him max money? Sigh.

Zander
Hall of Famer

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 04:50:01 am »

He used to be more of a foul machine. They've dropped pretty significantly if you look at the per minute numbers. Honestly I'm not sure why he doesn't crack 30 minutes. If fouling was the only issue he could have had a respectable 33 by now.

Sig by bbyao06
Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

Respect: +48

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 12:27:23 pm »

I love this for portland, LMA and Hibbert are Polar Opposite players they compliment each other.  Portland needs a Consistent center and the offer isnt terrible good actually.  Hibbert plays a Position of rarity, positional Value plus age and accomplishments (all-star)= Max contract.  Also he completes a young starting 5 which could be a force in the near future
nester66
Star

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 06:59:13 pm »

Hibbert reminds me of Okafor, and that worked out so well for the Hornets and Bobcats, right? He gets nearly the same numbers, other than the foul shot, which is hardly 10% higher on average. Signing big centers to huge deals hardly ever works out for the team that inks them, unless they are a superstar like Shaq and Howard. And Howard hasn't won a championship yet, so can it be called a success?
I hope it works out. It easily could. But history is rife with bad signings like this, and very few turn out well.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 04:28:42 am by nester66 » Logged

rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 02:11:45 pm »

matched

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
nester66
Star

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 03:00:05 pm »

And we payed out the *** for Batum

rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 11:38:14 am »

And we payed out the *** for Batum

you silly. he's untouchable

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: