Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Will Jonas be a bust?  (Voting closed: August 10, 2012, 05:45:40 pm)
Yes - 4 (23.5%)
No - 13 (76.5%)
Total Voters: 17

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A simple question.  (Read 1160 times)
thetreesarenice
Starter

Respect: +48

« on: August 07, 2012, 05:45:40 pm »

Please vote on this.
Red_Dragon
MVP

Most Underrated 2012 - Global Moderator 2014

Respect: +814

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 06:37:27 pm »

Someone already voted Yes? Really?

MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 09:41:19 pm »
+1

^Well, he's asking if they think he will be a bust, I'm not sure why saying "yes" is too soon when someone is just simply giving a prediction. I don't agree with that prediction, and I don't think he will be a bust but it all depends on how much of the hype you're buying into and what the expectations you personally have for him. I mean, Raptor fans still argue about Bargnani's "bust" status.

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
Red_Dragon
MVP

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 11:51:29 pm »

If you look at the last 5 years, a majority of top 5 Picks have been pretty effective.

I think this falls under the premature question.

However, he has a right to ask but I'm going with No.

Kobe#1Vince#2
a.k.a. YHWHtheKing
MVP

Respect: +500

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 10:39:17 am »

While I definitely don't think he will be a bust, I also don't think he will live up to the massive amount of hype surrounding him.
Max Power
All-Star

Respect: +917

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 04:13:00 pm »
+1

Had a good game against Russia in limited minutes. Considering Russia is likely to win a medal and Mozgov and Kaun are solid pros, I'm taking this as a good sign. I can seeing him being hungry and determined after not getting much playing time in the Olympics. The final game should give him some confidence and end it off on a good note and hopefully it carries over into camp.

His value as a prospect is the lack of quality centers in the NBA right now. Andrew Bynum, Roy Hibbert, Marc Gasol, and Andrew Bogut are the only natural 5s beside Howard that I can think of to be all-stars the last few years. Then you have a guy like Chandler winning DPOY. Really, if he can reach the caliber of any of those guys (doubt he gets as good as Bynum, but the rest are reasonable) he has to be considered being worth the pick.
Red_Dragon
MVP

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 04:27:04 pm »

I think someone said it right, when they stated that a lot of these international teams believe you play your vets first even if the rookies are more talented. As he grows and gets experience, they will play him significant minutes. It'll be exciting to see what he will do in Rio when that time arrives.

Max Power
All-Star

Respect: +917

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 05:36:05 pm »

It's not that they're playing these guys just because they're vets. Lithuania has a great national team. Is playing a huge role for the US? Sure the US is a much better team, but he's a much more heralded prospect and international basketball isn't the NBA. There's a reason why Luis Scola is as good as any front court player in the world when he plays for Argentina. These guys on the Lithuanian national team are more seasoned and capable of excelling in the international game. Meanwhile, the coach is a little impatient with him but every game counts. It's not an 82 game NBA season. It's not a big fiasco that Valanciunas isn't playing. He's simply behind guys that have done this before who the coach has more faith in and who have experience playing with each other and therefore exhibit cohesion.
DontSettle4Less
Benchwarmer

JCVD - Don't be fooled by my kindness...

Respect: +9

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 10:45:04 am »

Hopefully not, but we'll have to wait 5 years to find out.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: