Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Philly & Denver: Post Howard Deal  (Read 14950 times)
zunami23
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1312

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2012, 07:39:38 am »

OK??
What ok? It's true. Ujiri took a dump on the Knicks when he had to trade a superstar and he took a dump on the Magic when they had to trade a superstar. The Magic would probably have Iggy right now if it wasn't for Ujiri.
13Supernuts
Starter

Respect: +182

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2012, 09:45:51 am »

I'm going to go against most and say I think it was a lateral move for Denver and I love, LOVE the move for Philly.

Denver traded away 2 of their best 3 point shooters and they are already playing Miller, Brewer, Faried, McGee, Randolph, and Mosgov in the rotation. Lawson and Chandler are exactly great three point shooters. Other than Gallinari, how is Denver going to space the floor. I will expect Lawson to regress this season because he won't be operating with the same space as before. Sure they will be better getting up and down the court, and I get that is more meaningful in the mile high city, but in the postseason that will fail.

Philly was a terrible offensive team last season. Really, their leading scorer didN'T start. Think about that for a second. Now they are bringing in the best offensive center in the league. They can surround Bynum with shooters like Wright, N Young, Richardson and Hawes. Their defense will suffer a little with the loses of Iggy and Brand, but they were the second best last season without a true rim protector, which Bynum will provide.

Even including the Lakers, I think the 76ers made out the best in the trade and I don't think it is close.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 10:00:09 am by 13Supernuts » Logged
dabulls1
Star

Respect: +386

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2012, 10:19:02 am »

Even including the Lakers, I think the 76ers made out the best in the trade and I don't think it is close.
I agree with that.
RepeatTheThreepeat
MVP

Respect: +3275

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2012, 12:59:22 pm »

Philly lost a lot of its team when you think about it. Iggy, Brand, Williams, and Meeks are all gone. Damn.

steve
MVP

I've grown to hate you all.

Respect: +1110

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2012, 01:25:42 pm »

Philly lost a lot of its team when you think about it. Iggy, Brand, Williams, and Meeks are all gone. Damn.

They lost their leading scorer, their all around best player, their defensive anchor, and some guy named "Jodie."

Put my existence on this forum against yours.  Toronto makes the playoffs.
GSW1Bulls
All-Star

Respect: +683

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2012, 02:03:55 pm »

Denver improve.

Philly? Not so sure. But at least Bynum will be happier, his ego will be satisfied now that he's the superstar and doesn't have to share the limelight. Hopefully that leads to less tantrums and childish behaviour.

Pretty sure a first round exit is a foregone conclusion for the Warriors no matter what.
my prediction was wrong
“One man can be a crucial ingredient but one man cannot make a team.” - Kareem

“Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable.” - Pat Riley

MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2012, 05:00:35 pm »

They lost their leading scorer, their all around best player, their defensive anchor, and some guy named "Jodie."

Their best shooter.

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
OzzMan
Undrafted

Respect: +6

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2012, 05:26:36 pm »

Their best shooter.
Meeks ran hot or cold and you couldn't expect him to do either from one game to the next.  Losing a 41% FG shooter (37% for three) won't hurt the Sixers at all.
goat82
Starter

Respect: +78

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2012, 07:40:31 pm »

Meeks ran hot or cold and you couldn't expect him to do either from one game to the next.  Losing a 41% FG shooter (37% for three) won't hurt the Sixers at all.
agreed he was super streaky...iggy will be a loss, but as a whole i think they lost some depth but their starting 5 is better

"For every Michael Jordan , there's an Earl Manigault. We all can't make it. Somebody has to fall. I was the one."
K2theP
Journeyman

Respect: +6

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2012, 09:56:00 pm »

What ok? It's true. Ujiri took a dump on the Knicks when he had to trade a superstar and he took a dump on the Magic when they had to trade a superstar. The Magic would probably have Iggy right now if it wasn't for Ujiri.

Sorry I took That Guy's of "Not Close" as meaning Ujiri is not close to being the best GM. But I completely agree with you.
timmio1990
Star

Respect: +483

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2012, 03:26:39 am »

Denver improve in more than one way, they get the defensive wing they needed plus Iggy can pass and is a capable scorer. They also improve because they lose Harrington's contract. Afflalo will be missed, but Iggy more than makes up for his loss.

Philly's team is different that is for sure, but this trade makes them a better team. Their greatest losses this off season were not really related to this trade, losing Lou will hurt and a front court combo of Brand and Bynum would have been pretty awesome. ALthough I doubt the trade would have gone through with Brand still on the team.
kobe-24
All-Star

Respect: +295

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2012, 04:22:10 am »

And which of the these is Brand?  Undecided

I never change!
x-lucas-x
All-Star

Respect: +445

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2012, 05:58:07 am »

Iggy its a big lost to philly but they are getting the 2nd best C in the league, why they not get improved?.

If Turner can play with consistency its a big win for them, by the way, is easier to fill the wings than the C spot. I say its a steal for 76ers. They fuc ked up things with brand maybe, that would be a nice fit with Bynum.

Repeat for Mod
Edison
a.k.a. OtSS_3
Star

Respect: +148

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2012, 06:57:26 am »

This is good for the 6ers, and it obvious that you'll have to give up something If you want to get one of the best C's in the league. Iggy is a lost, for sure, he's one of the best defenders in the league and a very solid offensive player, but he cannot be the 1st option in offense for any team (saw him missing many shots in the clutch in regular season games last year, that was not his fault of course, the team had no "offense star").

Anyway, Philly has Young to replace him and I really think he can do it well, he's a very solid defender with good height and very athletic, and he has showed some very impressive moves in the post.

If we can make Hawes play as a improvised PF decently, that would be good for the team, he' a decent scorer at the post and he has a good outside shot, not really an excellent defender but he really showed up in some games last year, including playoffs, so It would help if he works on his regularity... This next to Bynum, would give Philly the low post power that they need to step up.

The scoring ability that we lost with Lou, its pretty much in Nick Young, very similiar players even knowing that Lou can be a little better.

I think this:

PG- Holiday                           
SG- Turner                             
SF- Young                           
PF- Hawes                           
C-  Bynum       

Is better than this: 

PG- Holiday                           
SG- Turner                           
SF- Iggy                           
PF- Brand                           
C-  Hawes               

zunami23
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1312

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2012, 07:03:17 am »

^The fact that Hawes can't stay in front of any starting PF in the league might be a problem.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up

Jump to: