Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Philly & Denver: Post Howard Deal  (Read 14885 times)
Max Power
All-Star

Respect: +917

« on: August 11, 2012, 03:12:36 pm »

So many people talking about Howard to the Lakers but that deal also changed the look of 2 other play-off teams from last season, Denver and Philadelphia.

What do you think these moves mean for these teams?

Denver is obviously better but by how much?

Is Philly a better team or a worse team?

Can Turner grow to join Bynum as the pillars of the team? Will Thad Young and Holiday step up and help them? Can Nick Young be a legit 6th man on a good team? Lavoy Allen, Lavoy Allen, Lavoy Allen.
That Guy
MVP

Still here.

Respect: +2140

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 03:21:05 pm »
+1

Philly might regret ditching Elton Brand - he would have been a perfect compliment next to Bynum. I think they got better, but not substantially so.

Denver, on the other hand, got way better. They upgraded one of their biggest weaknesses (perimeter defense), and Iguodala fits exactly what Denver is trying to do.

David Stern: Professional Troll.
Max Power
All-Star

Respect: +917

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 03:23:42 pm »

Philly might regret ditching Elton Brand

Denver, on the other hand, got way better. Iguodala fits exactly what Denver is trying to do.

Definitely agree. As a fan of Brand, I wish they had kept him around because I'd like to see this Philly team put it all together and it might be tough.
tchman58
Star

Respect: +17

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 06:03:45 pm »

I like the trade a lot for Philly. They now have the best center in the east w/o a doubt. Thad Young will fit beside Bynum as a stretch 4, and hawes will fit beside him in a twin towers type lineup. Iggy was good, but he did the same things as turner and young. Those two together will be able ti make up for iggy's loss IMO.

Love the deal for Denver as well. Curious to how they'll split the minutes between gallo, iggy and chandler. I think a lineup of Lawson/iggy/gallo/chandler/McGee could really put pressure on teams offensively and defensively.
thetreesarenice
Starter

Respect: +48

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 06:11:34 pm »

Orlando fucked up.

You trade Dwight Howard and still have Turkoglu, Nelson and take on Harringtons contract.

What a wreck their new GM is.
chelo
MVP

Respect: +177

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 06:59:11 pm »
+1

It bothers me that Philly may have actually gotten better even though they royally fucked up everything they made in the whole summer and the only good deed they did was that they were just willing to roll the dice with Bynum.

Denver GM's Masai Ujiri is just going HAM since he got there, the best GM in the entire league since he's doing it.
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 07:27:31 pm »

denver won it huge upgrade from arron to iggy.

philly got a good center... w/c is a rare find...

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
DCuzWuzHere
a.k.a. iAwesome
Star

U.O.E.N.O.

Respect: +266

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 07:36:54 pm »

both will give other teams fits in the playoffs, maybe even advance far pending injury and favorable match ups.

All new All iAwesome Team
PG-Kyrie Irving
SG-Lance Stephenson
3-Under Review
PF-Demarcus Cousins
C-Joakim Noah
That Guy
MVP

Still here.

Respect: +2140

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 07:37:33 pm »

Denver GM's Masai Ujiri is just going HAM since he got there, the best GM in the entire league since he's doing it.

Yeah. Not close.

David Stern: Professional Troll.
steve
MVP

I've grown to hate you all.

Respect: +1110

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 07:44:33 pm »

The one thing I'm not overly thrilled with in terms of Denver is their outside shooting, which is kind of atrocious.

Put my existence on this forum against yours.  Toronto makes the playoffs.
Beezie NY
Starter

Respect: +27

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2012, 08:18:06 pm »

Forget Bynum for a minute, Williams & Meeks gone while getting Nick Young... don't forget about "guard play". Young is one of the last players I would want on my team. Trading Iggy will make a HUGE difference on that team, remember I said it.
OzzMan
Undrafted

Respect: +6

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2012, 08:26:23 pm »

I've been a fan of both franchises for years and I've had many more downs than ups as a result.  I'm ecstatic about the trades.  Denver still needs outside shooting, but they are a matchup nightmare for most teams with their speed and their length.  If McGee continues to develop and Fareid can build on last season, they are freakish inside.  They really need Gallo to hit threes if they're to reach their potential.  I'm not thinking that they are going to the Western Finals anytime soon, but they should be good enough to advance against teams 4 thru 8 in the tournament.  Yeah, I drink kool-aid.  Lots and lots of it.

And Philly didn't anticipate being able to get Bynum, but when it presented itself, they had to go for it.  They added shooting and interior presences, they really need Turner to develop at least a mid-range game.  They now have the problem that Denver helped alleviate: Philly has to figure out their rotation with so many bigs and swingmen.  With Bynum, Hawes, Brown, Allen, and Moultrie, they are log-jammed in the front court, although only Brown is quality at the moment.  Does this mean that Young is going to play most of his minutes at three?  Collins is going to have to figure it out, but I'm pretty sure somebody is going to be traded before the deadline in Philly.
K2theP
Journeyman

Respect: +6

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2012, 08:41:00 pm »

Yeah. Not close.

OK??
gogo2disco
MVP

Respect: +356

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2012, 04:16:06 am »

Forget Bynum for a minute, Williams & Meeks gone while getting Nick Young... don't forget about "guard play". Young is one of the last players I would want on my team. Trading Iggy will make a HUGE difference on that team, remember I said it.
Getting Bynum >>> Losing Iggy, Williams, and Meeks
sprewell
a.k.a. maradinho
Starter

Respect: +19

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2012, 07:25:23 am »

agree. next mistake from orlando. they let him go, when he was there scout.

that must hurt, now that ujiri showed how to deal a superstar without getting worse.

congratulations @chelo
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up

Jump to: