Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Philly & Denver: Post Howard Deal  (Read 15060 times)
x-lucas-x
All-Star

Respect: +445

« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2012, 08:35:16 am »
+2

And again, yoiu add SOOO much to the conversation....can't even spell JaVale correctly... Roll Eyes Who's the peanut brain ??

Im from Argentina, i have never know someone with that name, is there another NBA player in history with that name? i don´t know really.

He has a freak body, and he looks like dumb & dumber on the court, he is for sure the peanut brain Tongue

Repeat for Mod
Cutler06
Star

Respect: +37

« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2012, 12:18:22 pm »

Im from Argentina, i have never know someone with that name, is there another NBA player in history with that name? i don´t know really.

He has a freak body, and he looks like dumb & dumber on the court, he is for sure the peanut brain Tongue

If you're from Argentina, too bad your team didn't get any medals in the Olympics, just not good enough.....and you obviously missed the LAL-DEN series, he looked pretty good, no dumb mistakes since he's arrived in Denver....too bad your peanut brain hadn't noticed that   Tongue

Denver has a legit shot at the Finals
x-lucas-x
All-Star

« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2012, 12:22:41 pm »

If you're from Argentina, too bad your team didn't get any medals in the Olympics, just not good enough.....and you obviously missed the LAL-DEN series, he looked pretty good, no dumb mistakes since he's arrived in Denver....too bad your peanut brain hadn't noticed that   Tongue

Refs miss a clear call at the end against Russia, btw we won the gold in 2004, that is for life to us Wink
I saw almost every match of that LAL DEN, McGee played nice in DEN he looked better under coach Karl but he is a peanut brain till he mature. He can be a top 7 C in he league but he has to work a lot.

PD: Don´t be aggresive supit "Cutler" i don´t say nothing about you, return to the hole you came out.

Repeat for Mod
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

Respect: +3756

« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2012, 12:22:53 pm »

Fair enough.
Fair enough..probably the 2nd ugliest season I've ever seen from the Ravens.
Flacco kind of is a bum..Yeah I get that he isn't that good..
x-lucas-x
All-Star

« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2012, 12:49:02 pm »

I respect you opinion but if you are talking serious, you are smoking too much weed i guess.... hahaha

If DEN doesn´t get home court advantage, they have to win 2 series against the top 4 teams in the west.
Maybe
LAL-OKC-SAS-LAC  i don´t see them winning 2 series against teams like those. Maybe can beat'em but i think its almost impossible.

Repeat for Mod
That Guy
MVP

Still here.

Respect: +2140

« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2012, 01:02:06 pm »

They can easily beat the Clippers, they have a punchers chance against SAS and OKC. They probably can't beat a healthy Lakers team, but if the seedings work out in Denver's favor, the Lakers would have to beat either the Spurs or Thunder first.

David Stern: Professional Troll.
JR
a.k.a. JR the BeatBeast & Mr. Solo Dolo & Queensbridge
Hall of Famer

#RARE

Respect: +337

« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2012, 01:31:01 pm »

They can easily beat the Clippers, they have a punchers chance against SAS and OKC. They probably can't beat a healthy Lakers team, but if the seedings work out in Denver's favor, the Lakers would have to beat either the Spurs or Thunder first.
As a Nuggets fan, the Clippers are a scary team to us. Every game against them last year was tough, and they improved this summer. They have one of the best benches in the league with Odom-Crawford-Hill-Bledsoe.

regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

Respect: +3756

« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2012, 01:36:07 pm »

As a Nuggets fan, the Clippers are a scary team to us. Every game against them last year was tough, and they improved this summer. They have one of the best benches in the league with Odom-Crawford-Hill-Bledsoe.

what the hell is wrong with ya?  you have JaVale McGee!

Fair enough.
Fair enough..probably the 2nd ugliest season I've ever seen from the Ravens.
Flacco kind of is a bum..Yeah I get that he isn't that good..
OzzMan
Undrafted

Respect: +6

« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2012, 04:42:07 pm »

Lakers, Thunder, and Spurs clearly are class of the west.  IMO, Denver can grab fourth seed.  Durant is absolutely a dagger in Denver's heart.  It's like the rim is six inches bigger against the Nugs than it is for everybody else.  They play the Lakers competitively but Howard is going to mash them next season in a way that Bynum couldn't.  The hope is that Kobe plays like Father Time.  And every time Denver plays a close game with San Antonio, a call in the last few seconds seems to go against them.  It's either a Denver blocking foul or charge when the refs normally swallow their whistles.

After those three, Denver's problem is that they aren't that much better than the teams on their level.  They struggle with the Wolves, can't match up with the Grizzlies, are competitive with the Clippers, and drop games against Portland that they should easily win. 
JR
a.k.a. JR the BeatBeast & Mr. Solo Dolo & Queensbridge
Hall of Famer

#RARE

Respect: +337

« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2012, 06:22:24 pm »

After those three, Denver's problem is that they aren't that much better than the teams on their level.  They struggle with the Wolves, can't match up with the Grizzlies, are competitive with the Clippers, and drop games against Portland that they should easily win. 
Nuggets were 3-1 against the Wolves last season, they lost to Memphis by 3, 1 & 3 with only one game at home. and Portland got a lot worse for this next season

13Supernuts
Starter

Respect: +182

« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2012, 08:07:35 pm »

Lakers, Thunder, and Spurs clearly are class of the west.  IMO, Denver can grab fourth seed.  Durant is absolutely a dagger in Denver's heart.  It's like the rim is six inches bigger against the Nugs than it is for everybody else.  They play the Lakers competitively but Howard is going to mash them next season in a way that Bynum couldn't.  The hope is that Kobe plays like Father Time.  And every time Denver plays a close game with San Antonio, a call in the last few seconds seems to go against them.  It's either a Denver blocking foul or charge when the refs normally swallow their whistles.

Wait wait, you mean like that call to the left here?

It was the correct call my friend, get over it.
Cutler06
Star

« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2012, 08:15:39 pm »

what the hell is wrong with ya?  you have JaVale McGee!

WORD !!

Cutler06
Star

« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2012, 08:35:15 pm »

Some points to note about the Nuggets

- They'll have a full TC (as will all teams) to build chemistry

- The FO has committed to keeping this team together to see what they can do together. The mid-season trade for McGee, the transition for Wilson Chandler and the health issues of Gallo never gave them a chance to reach their potential

- The addition of Iggy will add to Denver's biggest deficiency, perimeter defense. AI was a top 10 defender who will be put on such Nugget killers as Durant, Kobe, etc. While I'm don't think he's gonna be a total stopper, he can change things. Along with the interior defense of McGee & Faried, this will be more interesting this year.

- The anticipated development of Lawson, Faried, McGee and perhaps even Hamilton, along with good health for Gallo could go a LONG way in determining this year for the Nuggets.

Granted, even team in the league has a similar wish list, but this team has bigger potential than most teams in the league, will it be fulfilled ?

OzzMan
Undrafted

Respect: +6

« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2012, 09:38:10 pm »

Wait wait, you mean like that call to the left here?

It was the correct call my friend, get over it.

My brother came home from the service one year; he was a huge Sugar Ray fan and I loved Marvelous Marvin Hagler.  We had argued over the fight long distance and decided to watch it together, tallying points to decide who really won.  Round by round, we scored it and at the end, he said Leonard, I said Hagler.  We slept on it and did it again the next afternoon.  He scored the fight for Leonard; I scored the fight for Hagler.  I can watch this play a million times and I see it the way I see it, as I'm sure you do.  In the end, the refs called it the way that you did, so you're right.  I guess...
12-16-10 Manu Ginobili Takes the Charge against the Denver Nuggets
13Supernuts
Starter

Respect: +182

« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2012, 06:17:30 am »

I actually do agree with you.

It was a very close play, and ultimately depends on the rule. Anthony is clearly starting to go up before Ginobili gets there, but Ginobili is there before his feet leave the ground. I'm not sure what the rule book says, other than apparently now you can be moving, as was the case in the WCF this year when Ginobili was called for a charge against Durant (Bogus!). I do think now the refs get blinded by the semi-circle under the basket and as long as the defender is outside of it he gets the call.

What makes that play memorable for me, it was a nationally broadcast TNT game and the Spurs were the road team. That almost never happens that the road team gets the 50-50 call in that kind of game.

I call it "real basketball" because it was Ginobili showing off his basketball IQ and "whatever it takes" attitude to win the game. Most players wouldn't have even thought about taking a charge because it would be seen as being a sissy or not looking cool on TV to be run over.

The play was just about winning the game, which is the purest form of basketball.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up

Jump to: