Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: trade in works SA-HOU-?  (Read 5559 times)
rumorhasit
Undrafted

« on: August 12, 2012, 06:08:38 PM »

I have good source for Rockets FO - working on trade not sure who all is involved but the target for the Spurs is Patrick Patterson- I can also tell you that this trade will not go down till after 8/27 becuase of some type of clause in contract of another Rocket player involved. Also third team would most likely have to be involve for everyone to get what they want in regard to picks,players,and matching salaries,etc.  Source believes third team would be Hawks, Magic, or Wizards.

This could all fall apart but will post more as I find out - one thing for sure he says Spurs very interested in Patterson and Rockets would move hin for right offer. Also the basic framework for this trade in terms of what each party wants and is willing to do is in place but exact trade not worked out yet.

Stay tune for more details
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 06:15:10 PM by rumorhasit » Logged
madawg49
Global Moderator
Hall of Famer

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 06:27:40 PM »

kobe-24
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 12:44:17 AM »

Who are you? David Aldridge?

I never change!
Cutler06
Star

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 03:27:39 PM »

Who are you? David Aldridge?

NOOOOOO.....it's Adele, of course !!!!!!

Denver has a legit shot at the Finals
rumorhasit
Undrafted

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 06:33:27 PM »

UPDATE!!!!

Ok looks like alot still going on with this but Spurs are working hard to try and make a move work - potential third teams are Toronto, Magic, and Wizards (at this time in that order)

Closest trade to being agreed upon by all parties involves SA sending Gary Neal and an unguaranteed contract to HOU, Dejuan Blair and Matt Bonner go to Toronto, and Patrick Patterson & Shuan Livingston to SA. Issues with this trade center around draft picks and/or player rights.

Toronto wants sweetner (prefer Adam Hanga rights) but Spurs want to send 2nd rounder or rights to Lorbek, HOU wants 1st rd pick from TOR (ok with being protected to certain point) but TOR wants to send 2nd rounder along with Spurs throwing in pick for HOU.

Source says possibility of simpler trade being done which sends PAtterson to SA, Blair to TOR, Neal & unguarnteed to HOU along with some fillers (picks/rights to TOR and HOU)

Again plenty of things to navigate through for this to be agreeable for everyone - I think right now Spurs are getting the best of both these trades and definitely think Rockets should hold strong on getting a decent 1st round pick
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 06:36:34 PM by rumorhasit » Logged
To Infinity and Biyombo
Benchwarmer

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 06:38:51 PM »

Source says possibility of simpler trade being done which sends PAtterson to SA, Blair to TOR, Neal & unguarnteed to HOU along with some fillers (picks/rights to TOR and HOU)

Wait what would T.O. be shipping out in the simpler version?
JR
a.k.a. JR the BeatBeast & Mr. Solo Dolo & Queensbridge
Hall of Famer

#RARE

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 06:57:48 PM »

i dont understand the point of the deal for anyone besides Spurs

rumorhasit
Undrafted

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 07:40:27 PM »

Wait what would T.O. be shipping out in the simpler version?

Both Toronto and SA would give up some combination of picks but Raptor would not send player
rumorhasit
Undrafted

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 07:47:29 PM »

i dont understand the point of the deal for anyone besides Spurs

I think deals also favor Spurs - Houston seems to want Neal and then cut other player they rec - could be nice deal IF they can get 1st round pick from one team (TOR or SA) and then a second or rights to decent prospect from the other

For TOR they have to get one piece they like which could possibly be Blair (would get one year to look at him and decide) but they also seem to want pick or rights to a couple euro prospects - Toronto seems to be the furthest from making this work, along with the fact that SA will have to be willing to part with a 1st round pick to ultimately make this trade work - unless they can get one of other teams involved.

Finally also possibility of Neal going to Toronto and Hou only taking on unguaranteed player and picks, but again HOU FO seems to be intrigued with Neal
animal collective
All-Star

A word to the wise is infuriating.

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 01:23:10 AM »

I don't like it for San Antonio to be honest..

Robert Horry is a much better candidate for HOF then a cry baby LBJ.

JR
a.k.a. JR the BeatBeast & Mr. Solo Dolo & Queensbridge
Hall of Famer

#RARE

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 02:07:47 AM »

I don't like it for San Antonio to be honest..
Neal/Blair for Patterson? That's nice deal especially if Patterson continues to improve. He's on the watch list for Most Improved this year

Cutler06
Star

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 12:01:31 AM »

WOW,  this one turned out stronger than I anticipated.... Roll Eyes

Denver has a legit shot at the Finals
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: