Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ORL - MIN  (Read 732 times)
Jack Dempsey
Star

« on: August 18, 2012, 11:06:39 AM »

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=chb5p2y

ORL trades Arron Afflalo and a future 1st round pick to MIN for Derrick Williams and JJ Barea

Why for ORL? after the howard trade they should be in rebuilding mode and a 21yo former 2nd overall pick is a much better fit than a 27yo role player.

Why for MIN? williams doesn't seem to have a future with the wolves so why not trade him with a player they don't really need for a role player that'd fit in with them perfectly imo
JR
a.k.a. JR the BeatBeast & Mr. Solo Dolo & Queensbridge
Hall of Famer

#RARE

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 11:10:56 AM »

i dont think Minnesota would do it.

Klutch012
Journeyman

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 11:19:15 AM »

I don't think Minnesota would do it now, but mid-season after Rubio comes back (making Barea expendable) if Williams isn't meshing well, I'd say they take this offer in a heartbeat.
Jack Dempsey
Star

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 03:38:49 PM »

I don't think Minnesota would do it now, but mid-season after Rubio comes back (making Barea expendable) if Williams isn't meshing well, I'd say they take this offer in a heartbeat.

yeah, i was thinking about that too but then again, do they really turn that down because of barea? i'm sure they could find another solid backup PG somewhere
Klutch012
Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 09:10:40 PM »

yeah, i was thinking about that too but then again, do they really turn that down because of barea? i'm sure they could find another solid backup PG somewhere

I doubt Barea is a determining factor in this, but mainly Williams' improvement over the summer was what I was getting at. I just figured after Rubio comes back so the team could see if Rubio's presence had a significant impact on Williams' game.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: