Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jay Triano Likely To End Up As Assistant With Blazers  (Read 2034 times)
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« on: August 17, 2012, 01:25:00 pm »

Jay Triano is likely to end up as an assistant coach with the Blazers, joining the staff of Terry Stotts.

Triano is also being pursued by the Mavericks.

Triano was head coach of the Raptors until the end of the 10-11 season.
Via Marc Stein/ESPN

Just be happy he isn't your head coach...because he's horrible in that regard. Makes for a good assistant though.

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
Zander
Hall of Famer

Respect: +269

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 01:28:45 pm »

For some reason I have a memory of Toronto fans on this board calling him a great coach.

Can't complain about getting a former NBA head coach to be one of your assistants.

Sig by bbyao06
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 02:32:23 pm »

For some reason I have a memory of Toronto fans on this board calling him a great coach.

Can't complain about getting a former NBA head coach to be one of your assistants.

seemed to care too much about being well liked by his players rather than being a good coach. I really like him as coach of the national team though because he is good with developing players imo. He makes for a good assistant coach though.

I remember Jarrett Jack saying how when the team would be losing in a blowout Jay would be telling his players "It's okay" when other players were thinking "No, it isn't". But he coached a mess of a Raptors team in those days, but I don't think he makes for a good head coach at all, some weird rotations. I do think he makes a better coach than Stotts though.

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
nester66
Star

Respect: +23

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 08:56:55 pm »

Happy with the pickup, but getting David Vanderpool is my favorite steal. I think he will do a great job in Portland. Loving it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: