Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Shaq, Penny, D3 reminisce about Magic days.  (Read 3207 times)
RepeatTheThreepeat
MVP

Respect: +3275

« on: August 17, 2012, 03:22:57 pm »
+2

Pretty cool to see. Shaq talks about when he first saw Penny and wanted him on the Magic. Some good footage of the 90's Magic. Penny talks about being the last team to actually knock out Jordan's Bulls. And of course, it wouldn't be a Shaq video without hearing how the 90's Magic would dominate the DH12 Magic. "Who would guard Penny??". Not sure why three bald ass dudes are hanging out at a barbershop though.

Shaquille O'Neal Penny Hardaway and Dennis Scott Reminisce

steve
MVP

I've grown to hate you all.

Respect: +1110

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 03:31:44 pm »

And of course, it wouldn't be a Shaq video without hearing how the 90's Magic would dominate the DH12 Magic. "Who would guard Penny??"..

Not sure why he thinks this is a relevant topic of discussion or who would actually argue with him here.  Maybe the '09 season if Nelson hadn't gotten hurt.

Put my existence on this forum against yours.  Toronto makes the playoffs.
RepeatTheThreepeat
MVP

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 03:33:22 pm »

Not sure why he thinks this is a relevant topic of discussion or who would actually argue with him here.  Maybe the '09 season if Nelson hadn't gotten hurt.

I think they were talking about their 95 finals team vs the 09 finals team, no?

MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 03:38:28 pm »

Looking back, Penny was definitely one of the biggest "What If" players, always wonder how good he would've ranked all time amongst PGs had he stayed healthy. Got to agree with them too, that 2009 Magic Finals team ddoesn't even come close to what Shaq-Penny had. Interesting to see Shaq admit to being a ring chaser though, lol.

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
RepeatTheThreepeat
MVP

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 03:40:31 pm »

That 95 team was very good. Shaq posted the greatest (that I'm aware of) finals performance by a loser, and Penny's finals performance was also very good. I loved that Magic team as a kid.

Red_Dragon
MVP

Most Underrated 2012 - Global Moderator 2014

Respect: +814

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 03:47:02 pm »

Oh how I remember this team.

It's too bad I was living here during the the painful McGrady era.

It was amazing watching this Magic team though, If Shaq had stayed they would have won at least one.

That Guy
MVP

Still here.

Respect: +2140

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 03:50:34 pm »

That 95 team was very good. Shaq posted the greatest (that I'm aware of) finals performance by a loser

Wade in 2011 might have topped it if not for his Game 6.

David Stern: Professional Troll.
RepeatTheThreepeat
MVP

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 03:59:19 pm »

Wade in 2011 might have topped it if not for his Game 6.

Maybe, that was a good one, but I'd take Shaq's.

28pts, 12.5reb, 6.3ast, 2.5blk, 60% FG.

Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

Respect: +180

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 12:51:34 am »

Yeah, Shaq put up some monster numbers in that finals. I always wondered why people thought Hakeem dominated him. Hakeem did score about 4 points per game more, but it wasn't as lopsided as it's often made out to be. Shaq did outrebound and outblock Hakeem. I just did some quick research an got the numbers. Hakeem averaged 32.8 ppg, 11.5 boards, 5.5 assists, 2 steals and 2 blocks while shooting 48.3% from the field. The numbers are really not far off at all between the two, and you could easily argue that Shaq put up better numbers than Hakeem.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
the throg
Star

Respect: +411

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2012, 09:38:40 pm »

look at both shad's and hakeems numbers here..total monsters!!! no big man today compares to that at all..and think about the competition and rule changes makes those numbers even more impressive..

ya heard me
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 06:04:14 am »

Yeah they made a great duo.

Shaq had great partners

Penny
Kobe
Wade
Lebron (we didnt see much of it though)

too bad his suns missed the playoffs....

And sadly for the young shaq+Penny Hakeem was just too much for them. way too much

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
zunami23
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1312

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 06:43:51 am »

That 95 team was very good. Shaq posted the greatest (that I'm aware of) finals performance by a loser, and Penny's finals performance was also very good. I loved that Magic team as a kid.
Jerry West says hi. He won Finals MVP in 1969 despite losing. Averaged 38 PPG.
RepeatTheThreepeat
MVP

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 09:42:26 am »
+1

Jerry West says hi. He won Finals MVP in 1969 despite losing. Averaged 38 PPG.

Tell him I said hello.

Kobe#1Vince#2
a.k.a. YHWHtheKing
MVP

Respect: +500

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012, 11:40:14 am »

Not that Shaq had a bad career after he left by any stretch of imagination, but man, the things he and Penny and D Scott could have accomplished had they stayed together in Orlando.  I remember back then, that Magic team was everybody's favourite team.  They were too young to have beaten Hakeem's Rockets that year, but as they got older they would have dominated the league.
LKdude
Hall of Famer

Respect: +150

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2012, 05:30:21 pm »

Ah the days of old, they could have been so great had Penny been healthy and Shaq stayed in Orlando.  They were an up-and-coming young team when they were split up, I used to like watching the duo play together, and oh yeah D-Scott was lethal from 3-point land.  Saw this special over the All-Star weekend, but it's still great to see this, thanks for the video.   
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: