Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Kobe vs LeBron  (Read 4515 times)
That Guy
MVP

Still here.

Respect: +2140

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2012, 10:02:23 pm »

He kinda did, but it was more because Miami got him in foul trouble and abused him in screen-roll defense. Saying that he won't be a factor against any team other than Miami seems silly to me - I can't see any offenses presenting the same issues as the Heat did - especially not Jersey.

David Stern: Professional Troll.
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2012, 10:03:26 pm »

I still think Boston is going to be the team to beat the Heat if there is one. They filled in the holes nicely in the offseason and have more depth to compensate for their age. Pierce couldn't play any worse down the stretch last year and with a full season and camp I'm expecting them to be a force this year. Having a healthy Green and Bradley for the playoffs will make a big difference.

madawg49
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1581

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2012, 10:05:42 pm »

How so?

Sorry, "disappeared" was not the right word.  He, was not able to effectivelytake advantage of Miami's lack of size, IMO.

That Guy
MVP

Still here.

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2012, 10:06:13 pm »

Boston is almost under the radar at this point.

Do people not realize that they upgraded from Mickael Pietrus and Keyon Dooling to Courtney Lee and Jason Terry? That's kind of a big fucking deal.

That Guy
MVP

Still here.

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2012, 10:07:53 pm »

Sorry, "disappeared" was not the right word.  He, was not able to effectivelytake advantage of Miami's lack of size, IMO.

That was because they had problems keeping him on the floor because of his defense, not because he's not good enough offensively. He played pretty damn well in Game 3.

madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2012, 10:13:45 pm »

Boston is almost under the radar at this point.

Do people not realize that they upgraded from Mickael Pietrus and Keyon Dooling to Courtney Lee and Jason Terry? That's kind of a big fucking deal.

Don't forget Green.

That Guy
MVP

Still here.

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2012, 10:23:36 pm »

Don't forget Green.

Him too.

They'll be smaller, but much quicker and more versatile. Although I'm still not sure how Fab Melo fits into all of this. That was pick bit puzzling.

sulingman
MVP

WINNING AND GRINNING

Respect: +700

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2012, 10:28:39 pm »
+1

Don't forget Green.
And Ray Allen.

"MO MONEY, MO QUANDARIES"
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2012, 10:32:14 pm »

And Ray Allen.

At this point, Lee and Terry are arguably better than Ray Allen.  They are definitely more well rounded.

RepeatTheThreepeat
MVP

Respect: +3275

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2012, 11:13:32 pm »

Ray Allen was putting up some killer numbers in the beginning of last season, if I remember correctly.

sulingman
MVP

WINNING AND GRINNING

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2012, 11:22:42 pm »

At this point, Lee and Terry are arguably better than Ray Allen.  They are definitely more well rounded.
But to pretend they're replacing Dooling and Pietrus isn't close to telling the whole story. Didn't expect to have to spell it out for you...

That Guy
MVP

Still here.

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2012, 11:41:15 pm »

But to pretend they're replacing Dooling and Pietrus isn't close to telling the whole story. Didn't expect to have to spell it out for you...

Well, Bradley's minutes will see a noticeable bump as well.

Regardless, my point was that Lee and Terry is a noticeable improvement over Boston's bench from a year ago. Allen's minutes are easily replaceable by similar, or even superior players.

goat82
Starter

Respect: +78

« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2012, 12:15:15 am »

Nah what I really wanna see is a Gerald Henderson v. Marcus Thorton finals matchup.
if only...

"For every Michael Jordan , there's an Earl Manigault. We all can't make it. Somebody has to fall. I was the one."
animal collective
All-Star

A word to the wise is infuriating.

Respect: +21

« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2012, 01:09:08 am »

I wish there were a way for me to put money on the Nets crashing and burning this year.  This is the same basic components of the team (plus Joe Johnson) who have sucked it up for the past couple years.  Yes, they're all healthy and playing together for the first time.  No, I don't think it makes a difference. 

Boston keeps shedding parts and I don't like it.  But yeah, they're probably the best non-Miami team in the conference.  But it wouldn't shock me if the Knicks pulled out a series.  Especially if Melo/Amare/Chandler are 100%. KG and Pierce can't keep playing 90+ games a season and rise to the challenge in the playoffs.

As for Indy, well, I love Indy.  They've rebuilt as well as a nontanking small market team can.  But the Knicks (if healthy) would have the three best players on the court.  It's hard to win a seven game series when that's the case.

Philly had a terrible offseason until they landed Bynum.  If he isn't motivated and healthy (both big question marks), they have no chance in the playoffs this year.  Even if he is, their PF spot is Lavoy Allen and . . . I'm not sure what else.  Maybe they're going for the three towers and starting Hawes/Kwame/Bynum.

I don't like New York *that* much.  But I really don't like the rest of the East.

wat

Robert Horry is a much better candidate for HOF then a cry baby LBJ.

sulingman
MVP

WINNING AND GRINNING

« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2012, 01:53:44 am »

Well, Bradley's minutes will see a noticeable bump as well.

Regardless, my point was that Lee and Terry is a noticeable improvement over Boston's bench from a year ago. Allen's minutes are easily replaceable by similar, or even superior players.
Lee is likely starting.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Jump to: