Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Official NBA 2K13 Thread  (Read 71487 times)
GSW1Bulls
All-Star

« on: August 31, 2012, 02:35:17 pm »

It's official because it has TWO asterisk around its title.

Just for general chat about the game and after release maybe even organizing associations etc

Apologies if a topic has already been made for this but I couldn't see one (I only checked the first page though because I'm lazy).

Anybody else getting moist with anticipation for this game? For anyone that hasn't seen the videos yet (will be surprised if there is considering this is a basketball forum);

NBA 2K13 Developer Insight #1 - Gameplay, Part 1

NBA 2K13 Developer Insight #2 - Gameplay, Part 2

NBA 2K13 Developer Insight #3 - Animations

NBA 2K13 - Scott Porter interview from E3 2012

Pretty sure a first round exit is a foregone conclusion for the Warriors no matter what.
my prediction was wrong
“One man can be a crucial ingredient but one man cannot make a team.” - Kareem

“Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable.” - Pat Riley

majestic canadian smurf
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 01:14:21 am »

I'll update with any updates and news as I get it.
Post any thoughts or links here.

NEWS (spoilers in links)

The developer insight videos are really cool, especially the 3rd one where they mention working with team flight brothers.

http://youtu.be/l-u0C0G9BXI

http://youtu.be/n-HCtSinpLI

http://youtu.be/prWo0eaQ2VE

« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 05:25:58 pm by majestic canadian smurf » Logged

GSW1Bulls
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 04:12:57 am »

I already made a thread but whatever,

The developer insight videos are really cool, especially the 3rd one where they mention working with team flight brothers.

http://youtu.be/l-u0C0G9BXI

http://youtu.be/n-HCtSinpLI

http://youtu.be/prWo0eaQ2VE

Pretty sure a first round exit is a foregone conclusion for the Warriors no matter what.
my prediction was wrong

“Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable.” - Pat Riley

xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 03:13:30 pm »

I like that Kobe's rating being more or less the same as last year was worthy of a news story.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
thetravellingpalmer
Starter

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 12:22:57 pm »

I buy it day 1 every year, and then I *** every year about how it needs to be patched because it's so messed up. Guarantee the servers won't work until the first patch!

I have a copy reserved, for the all-star weekend bonus. But, it's really at the bottom of my games to play this fall priority list. Much more excited about Borderlands 2, XCOM Enemy Unknown and Dishonored. Blops 2 should be good as well, but we all know what we're getting with that.

So, no, I'm not getting "moist" or anything. I know I'll hate it for the first few months than begrudgingly accept it for what it is.
GSW1Bulls
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 06:21:38 am »

I buy it day 1 every year, and then I *** every year about how it needs to be patched because it's so messed up. Guarantee the servers won't work until the first patch!

I have a copy reserved, for the all-star weekend bonus. But, it's really at the bottom of my games to play this fall priority list. Much more excited about Borderlands 2, XCOM Enemy Unknown and Dishonored. Blops 2 should be good as well, but we all know what we're getting with that.

So, no, I'm not getting "moist" or anything. I know I'll hate it for the first few months than begrudgingly accept it for what it is.

I never play it online aside from a private association with friends. I play it mainly for myplayer.

And sure it has glitches. But name one game that doesn't have any technical issues at all? Every game has glitches to some extent 2k12 wast that bad aside from the trade issues (which were patched), the boo glitch which really wasn't that big a deal and the all star bench glitch which again, wasn't a massive deal and effected very few people.

my prediction was wrong

lil_flip_remix
MVP

Montréal, Canada

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 08:29:47 am »

There's already a thread about this game, I'll merge the 2 threads. Next time, check before making a new thread.

Flip is the only poster I trust enough to have added on Facebook haha. he also happens to be a beautiful man
thetravellingpalmer
Starter

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 08:38:39 am »

I never play it online aside from a private association with friends. I play it mainly for myplayer.

And sure it has glitches. But name one game that doesn't have any technical issues at all? Every game has glitches to some extent 2k12 wast that bad aside from the trade issues (which were patched), the boo glitch which really wasn't that big a deal and the all star bench glitch which again, wasn't a massive deal and effected very few people.

Most every game has a small glitch or two, certainly. NBA 2K's are usually more game breaking, or altering. If your one of those guys who just plays Madden and NBA, you really don't have a basis to speak from.

And Online Team-up is amazing when you have a good team. Albeit, the online community is 90% quitters and cheesers.
Edison
a.k.a. OtSS_3
Star

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 11:20:56 am »

Some 2k13 new ratings, Kobe from 97 to 93 for example:

Michael Jordan – 99
Allen Iverson – 95
Kevin Durant – 94
Kobe Bryant – 93
Derrick Rose – 92
Scottie Pippen – 92
Carmelo Anthony – 92
Rajon Rondo – 90
Kevin Love – 89
Andrew Bynum – 87
Andre Iguodala – 87
Blake Griffin – 86
Monta Ellis – 86
Tyreke Evans – 81
Anthony Davis – 80
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist – 78
Jared Dudley – 75
Thomas Robinson – 75
Harrison Barnes – 75
Dion Waiters – 71

lil_flip_remix
MVP

Montréal, Canada

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 11:33:38 am »

Allen Iverson – 95

Huh

Flip is the only poster I trust enough to have added on Facebook haha. he also happens to be a beautiful man
Edison
a.k.a. OtSS_3
Star

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 11:41:46 am »

Huh

Like I told you in FB, I think he must be in the Legend mode, so its ok.

lil_flip_remix
MVP

Montréal, Canada

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2012, 11:58:22 am »

Like I told you in FB, I think he must be in the Legend mode, so its ok.

Yep, would make sens. I tought it was the ratings for Iverson right now. You know, they guy who can't even get an NBA contract lol.

GSW1Bulls
All-Star

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2012, 12:16:44 pm »

There's a video on youtube of Ronnie2k talking about MyPlayer in 2k13, I don't have the link but it should be easy to find apparently we're getting more info about it this week.

Most every game has a small glitch or two, certainly. NBA 2K's are usually more game breaking, or altering.

Have you ever played Bethesda Games? I wouldn't say anything in NBA 2K12 was game breaking.

If your one of those guys who just plays Madden and NBA, you really don't have a basis to speak from.

I'm not. I play A LOT of video games. I genuinely don't think any of the glitches in NBA 2K12 were that severe, perhaps I was lucky or maybe it's because aside from the occasional online/offline assoc I only really play MyPlayer. Regardless I genuinely don't think it's that bad, and as far as sports games go NBA 2K12 is probably the best I've ever played (I hear MLB: The Show 12 was amazing, but I despise baseball so I've never played it).

my prediction was wrong

Oscar Rafone
MVP

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2012, 02:53:20 pm »

The new Signature Skills feature has been revealed

http://2ksports.tumblr.com/tagged/SIgnature-Skills

Seems interesting

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man

madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2012, 05:46:59 pm »

The new Signature Skills feature has been revealed

http://2ksports.tumblr.com/tagged/SIgnature-Skills

Seems interesting

That is really cool.  Kind of a lot to keep track of, though.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23   Go Up

Jump to: