Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RIP Steve Sabol  (Read 1061 times)
steve
MVP

I've grown to hate you all.

Respect: +1110

« on: September 19, 2012, 10:00:23 am »
+2

http://www.avclub.com/articles/rip-steve-sabol-driving-creative-force-behind-nfl,85118/

Anyone who considers themselves an NFL fan (or even football) owes an enormous debt to Steve Sabol and his father Ed, who basically shaped the way the NFL is presented, viewed, and consumed today. Without him and NFL Films, there's no doubt the NFL wouldn't be nearly as popular as it is today.

Put my existence on this forum against yours.  Toronto makes the playoffs.
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

Respect: +3756

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 07:07:18 pm »
+1

didn't even know that he was pushing 70.  but he was a great poet too.  inked a legendary Raider theme for his films and Facenda brought it to life.  honorary Raider in life and death.  R.I.P.

Oakland Raiders: The Autumn Wind

Fair enough.
Fair enough..probably the 2nd ugliest season I've ever seen from the Ravens.
Flacco kind of is a bum..Yeah I get that he isn't that good..
steve
MVP

I've grown to hate you all.

Respect: +1110

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 06:21:57 am »

Apparently he ran "Autumn Wind" by Al Davis before the produced it because he wasn't sure Davis was going to like it or approve.  After reading the poem, Al Davis was in tears he liked it so much.

Also, I found this quote yesterday which I thought was really cool: "The director Sam Peckinpah once told Steve Sabol that he got the idea for the classic slow-motion gunfight scene in the 1969 movie "The Wild Bunch" after watching a Super Bowl highlights film Mr. Sabol had made."

Put my existence on this forum against yours.  Toronto makes the playoffs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: