Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Great Bogut Interview.  (Read 5840 times)
GSW1Bulls
All-Star

Respect: +683

« on: September 26, 2012, 02:09:45 pm »

I vaguely remember someone talking about this a few days ago but can't remember if it was on here or another forum so my bad if this has already been posted.

I had to share his thoughts on the Lakers in particular;

Q: You bring up Howard. What’d you think when Dwight and Nash end up in LA?

-BOGUT: (Shakes his head.) The rich get richer. That’s generally how it is in the NBA. Grown accustomed to it the last five-six years. The rich get richer and the poor have to kind of scrounge and find other role players to fill it in. That’s kind of the way it is.

They’re obviously going to come out all guns a-blazin’. Obviously Dwight’s not going to be quite ready (at the start of the season), but just having Nash and Kobe together, and throwing Pau in there, that’s a pretty potent roster.

-Q: How have you done against Dwight in the past?

-BOGUT: Up and down. I’ve had some games where I got in foul trouble, like everybody. And I’ve had some games where I’ve guarded him pretty well.

The focus with Dwight is not to give him any cheap baskets and dunks, because he’s just so strong. Once he gets the ball within 3 feet of the rim, he’s putting you in the basket.

So I try to focus on making him use his touch a little bit more. And if he’s having a good game and making his hook shots, you’re in some trouble.

-Q: You feel a challenge when you see Dwight in your division?

-BOGUT: We’ve got work to do, yeah. I mean, the Lakers wherever they play there tends to be a lot of Laker fans. Same thing here. We know there’s going to be a lot of hype on that bandwagon. That’s going to be a tough team to beat, a state rival.

But we can’t run and hide from that. Hopefully we can steal a coupled games from them and see how we go. But obviously them and Miami are the two championship favorites.

Full Interview here;

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2012/09/20/andrew-bogut-on-his-ankle-timetable-shooting-left-handed-dwight-howard-ezeli-and-more/

Pretty sure a first round exit is a foregone conclusion for the Warriors no matter what.
my prediction was wrong
“One man can be a crucial ingredient but one man cannot make a team.” - Kareem

“Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable.” - Pat Riley

Zander
Hall of Famer

Respect: +269

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 01:06:06 am »

The NBA is definitely a rich get richer league. Unfortunately the Warriors aren't a challenge for them right now.

I just hope for Steph Curry and Bogut to both have a healthy season at the same time. If they can, this is a playoff team.

Sig by bbyao06
B.King
Star

Respect: +41

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 01:12:48 am »

The NBA is definitely a rich get richer league. Unfortunately the Warriors aren't a challenge for them right now.

I just hope for Steph Curry and Bogut to both have a healthy season at the same time. If they can, this is a playoff team.

Agreed. 

This team won't have its pick next year and Jefferson & Beidrins are stuck on the books for another season.  Bottom line is that this team will need to develop over the next two season before the next major move can be made.

Red_Dragon
MVP

Most Underrated 2012 - Global Moderator 2014

Respect: +814

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 03:32:27 pm »

They are really playing well right now.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: