Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: TO's for E.Williams, L.Babbitt, and N.Smith have until Oct. 31s to be decided on  (Read 5944 times)
Hall of Famer
Offline Offline

Posts: 18348

Respect: +269

« on: October 12, 2012, 03:15:25 am »

The Portland Trail Blazers have until October 31st to exercise their team options for 13-14 on Luke Babbitt, Nolan Smith and Elliot Williams.

"We have some decisions to make," Blazers general manager Neil Olshey said.

Olshey is working on collecting 'assets' and maintaining maximum cap flexibility.

The preseason is serving as an evaluation period for those three players.

"Honestly, I'm focused on this year," Babbitt said. "Would I like to be here next year? Yeah. But they've got a decision to make and a lot of that stuff is out of my control. If I'm somewhere else, then I'll be happy to go there and continue to play my game. Guys who play spread four are valuable these days."


Personal prediction:

Keep N.Smith ($1.5 mil) and L.Babbitt ($2.9 mil), though I admit Babbitt could go either way.

Elliott Williams at $2.4 mil, with already having had 2 major injuries since joining the Blazers, seems like he might get declined.

Sig by bbyao06
Offline Offline

Posts: 1633

Respect: +23

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 12:43:02 am »

Smith I could see. Not so much with Babbitt. As for Williams, it all depends. He could be much better than Smith, but he just hasn't been very lucky for us.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: