Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: 'Sheed for Matrix (As a Pistons fan)  (Voting closed: June 12, 2007, 04:10:35 pm)
Awesome - 9 (56.3%)
Good - 4 (25%)
Bad - 1 (6.3%)
Horrible - 2 (12.5%)
Total Voters: 16

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rasheed For Marion  (Read 2739 times)
Bulls/Pistons
Star

Respect: +10

« on: June 12, 2007, 04:10:35 pm »

See my post in the Trades Forum:
http://forums.hoopshype.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7723

Here, I'll put it as a poll.  Good or bad for us if it goes down.
born2behated
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 05:04:47 pm »

I think it's good on the Pistons half, I would like for this trade to go down.

bballinyao06

wolverine30
td21
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 07:10:09 am »

good for both sides, the suns can get a flexible big man which i know they'll love and detroit can get another strange shooting player next to prince. :lol:
hawks4life
Starter

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 10:04:55 am »

i think both sides lose alot and gain alot. The Suns get a big man that can play the PF and C position and shoot the three ball. The Pistons get another scorer that can play alot of positions. Marion can also play Defense which is perfect situated for the Pistons.

legenderypete
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 04:57:15 pm »

suns have asked for sheed and another start plus a 1st round pick for marion!!!

dumars replied "for that?" without acknowledging Marion by name. "You know what you would tell them? Hell, the Los Angeles Lakers didn't get that for Shaq (O'Neal). Philly (Philadelphia 76ers) didn't get that for (Allen) Iverson.  

i think he will stay at the suns because there just askin too much for him, i would gave sheed in a straight swap but noone else on this team for marion
td21
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 07:28:44 pm »

Quote from: "legenderypete"
suns have asked for sheed and another start plus a 1st round pick for marion!!!

dumars replied "for that?" without acknowledging Marion by name. "You know what you would tell them? Hell, the Los Angeles Lakers didn't get that for Shaq (O'Neal). Philly (Philadelphia 76ers) didn't get that for (Allen) Iverson.  

i think he will stay at the suns because there just askin too much for him, i would gave sheed in a straight swap but noone else on this team for marion

if that's true then the suns are the dirty team, tryna run game on the pistons  :roll:
Cross
Journeyman

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 11:48:32 pm »

Marion is so versatile but he doesn't have the post game nor the height. Who'd start at center? Would we adress that in the draft or use our MLE?

Place to talk Pistons basketball and more!
td21
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 06:11:28 am »

Quote from: "Cross"
Marion is so versatile but he doesn't have the post game nor the height. Who'd start at center? Would we adress that in the draft or use our MLE?

agree except the post game part, sheed has no post game either rarely looks to take it down and score.
legenderypete
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 07:03:03 am »

he does have a post game but he rarely use's it, he use it like once or twice a game!! but he is a good post defender which marion isnt really because of his size
Cross
Journeyman

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 07:40:47 am »

Quote from: "td21"

agree except the post game part, sheed has no post game either rarely looks to take it down and score.

What do you think he does against Duncan? duncan's worst nightmare is Sheed no joke. Sheed lowblock fade away on Duncan is money

Place to talk Pistons basketball and more!
td21
All-Star

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 08:03:55 am »

Quote from: "td21"

What do you think he does against Duncan? duncan's worst nightmare is Sheed no joke. Sheed lowblock fade away on Duncan is money

THAT'S NOT THE POST, BUT CLOSE  Cool , it would probaly be harder for tim to step out to the primeter like the majority of pf's anyway.
Streetballer16
Journeyman

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2007, 07:49:08 am »

Hmmmm, this trade is risky, especially when Detroit doesn't have any good bigman apart from Webber, trading sheed would be very risky. However aquiring Marion would be a change and I think Flip would work better with Marion.

I go Mohammed + Wallace + future 2nd round pick for Marion.

SAA-WISH!
Camby
Benchwarmer

Respect: +1

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2007, 05:03:01 am »

Shawn Marion's capable of guarding players at all five positions.  I'm not saying that he'd lock each player down on every position, but his size, speed & athleticism's not so'em to overlook.  If he came to Detroit, he could play the 4 spot & keep Tayshaun at SF since he's not strong enough to hold off PFs.  Antonio McDyess would still be a solid backup & maybe start a few games too if Chris Webber starts to break down.  Detroit would obviously have the better end of the deal because Patch Boy would destroy Phoenix's playing style with his bad attitude & myriad of technical fouls.  The Suns don't need that from him.  Besides, they've still got Amare & Kurt as their solid big men tandem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: