Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: The NBA's Average Teams  (Read 8225 times)
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2012, 01:02:18 pm »

It is for the Raptors.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
defenseallday
MVP

Respect: +188

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2012, 07:15:48 pm »

This too, I completely forgot that they'd downgraded there. Kisses to Steve!

I believe he was saying Williams & Williams are the upgrade over Howard & Harris. If the Jazz miss the playoffs it will be due to the West being stacked, not winning 11 games less from last year .
kafogahoga
MVP

Respect: +297

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2012, 07:27:24 pm »

Did you write that yourself? +1 for the nice effort. Good write-up.

Would take Hardaway over Payton in man to man defense.
Oliver
Star

peace coming from the far east

Respect: +376

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2012, 08:04:19 am »

I believe he was saying Williams & Williams are the upgrade over Howard & Harris. If the Jazz miss the playoffs it will be due to the West being stacked, not winning 11 games less from last year .
You know the definition of former/latter, right?

pooflakes
Starter

Respect: +30

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2012, 08:23:45 am »

how dare you put a post about average teams and put my pistons in!!! At the end of the season we will be battling just to win 15 games!! where bad. Monroe and maybe drummond in the future are the only 2 players worth keepin(even price has had his time)

ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2012, 08:38:26 am »
+1

how dare you put a post about average teams and put my pistons in!!! At the end of the season we will be battling just to win 15 games!! where bad. Monroe and maybe drummond in the future are the only 2 players worth keepin(even price has had his time)

POST MORE

Oliver
Star

peace coming from the far east

Respect: +376

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2012, 09:20:41 am »

you're not a fan of Knight?

That Guy
MVP

Still here.

Respect: +2139

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2013, 01:35:34 pm »

Put my existence on this forum against yours.  Toronto makes the playoffs.

Looks like he saw the writing on the wall and left early.

David Stern: Professional Troll.
Beetothezee
MVP

New York Knicks/Yankees/Jets

Respect: +2013

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2013, 01:42:18 pm »
+1

i have zero idea what this post is about but +1 for the effort you put into this manifesto

SIP madawg
x-lucas-x
All-Star

Respect: +445

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2013, 01:49:57 pm »
+2

Looks like he saw the writing on the wall and left early.

Funny why you put Utah over Memphis. This is what i love from predictions

Repeat for Mod
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2013, 02:09:18 pm »
+2

I also wonder if he still thinks highly of Jeremy Lin as he used too as well.

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
GSW1Bulls
All-Star

Respect: +682

« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2013, 02:30:58 pm »
+1

Stats never lie.

Pretty sure a first round exit is a foregone conclusion for the Warriors no matter what.
my prediction was wrong
“One man can be a crucial ingredient but one man cannot make a team.” - Kareem

“Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable.” - Pat Riley

Sean David
a.k.a. ImSTILLa_StarBeeotch
Star

"North North, Put Ya Thumbs Up"

Respect: +674

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2013, 02:50:09 pm »
+3

Memphis Grizzlies

Expected Rotation: Mike Conley, Tony Allen, Rudy Gay, Zach Randolph, Marc Gasol (starters); Mareesse Speights, Jerryd Bayless, Darrell Arthur, Quincy Pondexter, Tony Wroten, Wayne Ellington, Hamed Haddadi (bench)

I’m a bit dubious about the future of this Memphis team going forward. Let’s just say that the track record of 31-year old forwards recovering from MCL tears isn’t a particularly strong one. Compounding the issue is that Randolph is owed more than $50 Million over the next three seasons, which leaves them perilously close to the luxury tax line. They’ll probably have to go over it if they want to re-sign Tony Allen.

What does that mean for this season? Someone might be on the move. We already saw the first inkling of this when they let O.J. Mayo walk away without really replacing him (unless you want to count Wayne Ellington and Tony Wroten, which I don’t). If anyone is going to be on the block, it’s either going to be Rudy Gay or Zach Randolph, and regardless of which one it is, it’s going to hurt.

Now, it would be foolish to assume that one of those guys will be traded mid-season and dock a few wins from their prediction,
much in the same way that it would be foolish to predict Miami to finish around .500 because you have a hunch that LeBron is going to miss two months with a sprained knee. But that being said, I still don’t have a great feeling about this Memphis team, regardless of possible player movement.

They were the equivalent of a 51-win team last year, but they out-performed their Pythagorean Win Expectation (based on scoring margin, a more accurate predictor of future success than straight won-loss record) by a fair amount. They were really only the equivalent of a 47-win team. They did this with an exceptionally strong starting unit, but a dreadful bench. O.J. Mayo was just about the only guy keeping that bench afloat (if you can even call it that), so it should be even worse this season. If Randolph can’t recover from his knee injury, and the starting unit sees a dip as well, Memphis could conceivably tumble all the way out of the playoffs.

I don’t see it going quite that poorly for the Grizzlies, but they seem like playoff fodder to me.

Prediction: 44-38, 7th in Western Conference

Either you lied to save face as usual...or you're terrible at making predictions...or both.

xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2013, 02:52:45 pm »

OR you're taking two completely different things out of context, as the second question was about predicting how the Grizzlies would perform after the Rudy Gay trade, not about preseason predictions at all.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
Sean David
a.k.a. ImSTILLa_StarBeeotch
Star

"North North, Put Ya Thumbs Up"

Respect: +674

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2013, 02:59:13 pm »
+4

OR you're taking two completely different things out of context, as the second question was about predicting how the Grizzlies would perform after the Rudy Gay trade, not about preseason predictions at all.
So saying that a mid-season trade will dock a few wins from his prediction and then saying six months later that he knew all along that a mid-season trade would make them better are two completely different things?

"Seems legit".

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Jump to: