Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: The NBA's Average Teams  (Read 8222 times)
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2013, 03:00:36 pm »

Yeah, because by the time the trade was made it was obvious that Rudy Gay wasn't helping the team and jettisoning him would help them.

You're trying to force something that isn't there, probably because you're mad that people who don't follow the Grizzlies seem to know them better than you do.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
madawg49
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1581

« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2013, 03:02:12 pm »

So saying that a mid-season trade will dock a few wins from his prediction and then saying six months later that he knew all along that a mid-season trade would make them better are two completely different things?

"Seems legit".

There is a difference between a short-term setback, losing a couple of games, because you are short-handed after a trade and trying to integrate new guys, and being better in the long term.

The trade made them short handed and it took a while to integrate Ed Davis, but they are a better team in the long run.

Sean David
a.k.a. ImSTILLa_StarBeeotch
Star

"North North, Put Ya Thumbs Up"

Respect: +674

« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2013, 03:06:42 pm »

Yeah, because by the time the trade was made it was obvious that Rudy Gay wasn't helping the team and jettisoning him would help them.
LMAO. Pathetic

There is a difference between a short-term setback, losing a couple of games, because you are short-handed after a trade and trying to integrate new guys, and being better in the long term.

The trade made them short handed and it took a while to integrate Ed Davis, but they are a better team in the long run.
I understand that. I'm just calling out how he said a trade of either Z-Bo or Gay would cause him to dock a few victories from his prediction before the season started, then 6 months later say he knew all along that the Grizzlies were better without Gay.

That Guy
MVP

Still here.

Respect: +2139

« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2013, 03:12:50 pm »

I also wonder if he still thinks highly of Jeremy Lin as he used too as well.

He would have had a much better individual season if the Rockets hadn't traded for Harden, he's not as effective playing off the ball.

David Stern: Professional Troll.
That Guy
MVP

Still here.

« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2013, 03:16:02 pm »

I understand that. I'm just calling out how he said a trade of either Z-Bo or Gay would cause him to dock a few victories from his prediction before the season started, then 6 months later say he knew all along that the Grizzlies were better without Gay.

Probably because circumstances changed over the course of those six months. Gay spent the first half of the season at a career-low scoring efficiency at career-high usage.

That Guy
MVP

Still here.

« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2013, 03:22:08 pm »

Funny why you put Utah over Memphis. This is what i love from predictions

I figured the shooting bump from Williams and Williams would help them (and in a sense it did - they went from 27th in 3PT% last year to 9th this year), but I didn't anticipate Corbin playing Randy Foye at the expense of Hayward and Burks - that's what really hurt them.

Sean David
a.k.a. ImSTILLa_StarBeeotch
Star

"North North, Put Ya Thumbs Up"

Respect: +674

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2013, 06:43:36 am »

Probably because circumstances changed over the course of those six months. Gay spent the first half of the season at a career-low scoring efficiency at career-high usage.
Ok

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Jump to: