Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Prime Penny Hardaway vs. Prime Gary Payton  (Read 9784 times)
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 02:43:13 pm »

so assist & steals for Payton . Would take Hardaway over Payton in man to man defense.

i just saw this. i laughed so hard that I farted

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
GSW1Bulls
All-Star

Respect: +683

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 02:45:53 pm »
+1

The glove.

Pretty sure a first round exit is a foregone conclusion for the Warriors no matter what.
my prediction was wrong
“One man can be a crucial ingredient but one man cannot make a team.” - Kareem

“Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable.” - Pat Riley

Max Power
All-Star

Respect: +917

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 03:41:38 pm »
+1

I'm not even going to look for a witty gif to post. Please, go take a walk and think about what you said.
Max Power
All-Star

Respect: +917

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 03:44:12 pm »
+1

i just saw this. i laughed so hard that I farted

If all of mankind was a single person and it walked around all day with no shoes and socks, you would be the bottom of its foot.
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2012, 03:49:42 pm »

If all of mankind was a single person and it walked around all day with no shoes and socks, you would be the bottom of its foot.

seriously?  Roll Eyes

hahahaha.. now happy?

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
GSW1Bulls
All-Star

Respect: +683

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2012, 03:51:38 pm »
+1

You would be the shoes and socks... left behind.

HAW HAW HAW!

Pretty sure a first round exit is a foregone conclusion for the Warriors no matter what.
my prediction was wrong
“One man can be a crucial ingredient but one man cannot make a team.” - Kareem

“Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable.” - Pat Riley

Depressed Clown
MVP

Counterpoint/trolling

Respect: +1436

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2012, 03:16:33 am »

Why do I want a big guard who can't defend or pass or shoot 3s? Payton thanks.
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2012, 09:53:48 am »

Why do I want a big guard who can't defend or pass or shoot 3s? Payton thanks.

Wat. Hardaway was a solid defensive player, and in his prime, was always averaging 5-6 assists a game, which is very solid for a 2 guard (finished his career with a 24 AST%). He wasn't a very good 3 point shooter, no, but I'm wondering if you're talking about a different player?

Soon....
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2012, 10:01:33 am »

Wat. Hardaway was a solid defensive player, and in his prime, was always averaging 5-6 assists a game, which is very solid for a 2 guard (finished his career with a 24 AST%). He wasn't a very good 3 point shooter, no, but I'm wondering if you're talking about a different player?

I consider Penny more of a PG than SG, but maybe that's just me.

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
heirxavier
Benchwarmer

You see it...

Respect: +11

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2012, 06:37:52 am »

Penny.

Depressed Clown
MVP

Counterpoint/trolling

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2012, 06:10:13 am »

So you can have an elite defensive PG who's a better passer, or a combo-guard (if you wish) who can't do anything better other than being tall. You're taking the latter. Okay.
That Guy
MVP

Still here.

Respect: +2140

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2012, 07:43:40 am »

So you can have an elite defensive PG who's a better passer, or a combo-guard (if you wish) who can't do anything better other than being tall. You're taking the latter. Okay.

You're being really obtuse here. Hardaway made first-team All-NBA in 1995 and 1996, beating out Payton both times, as well as Stockton, Richmond, Reggie Miller, Drexler, etc, etc, and made the third-team in '97 despite missing 23 games.

Hardaway was a better scorer and rebounder, and provided a level versatility that Payton didn't.

David Stern: Professional Troll.
Depressed Clown
MVP

Counterpoint/trolling

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2012, 08:32:16 am »

You're being really obtuse here.

Hardaway was a better scorer and rebounder, and provided a level versatility that Payton didn't.

No, I'm not, and no, he wasn't; Payton scored just as much as Hardaway, for longer, at a similar clip (Payton around 55TS%, Hardaway was all over the place). In addition, Hardaway got about 1 more rebound per game. OOOOOH!

I place more value in the things I mentioned than the things you mentioned, especially as we're talking about an era in which guards were actually still just about allowed to defend.

Done
That Guy
MVP

Still here.

Respect: +2140

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2012, 09:08:20 am »
+1

No, I'm not, and no, he wasn't; Payton scored just as much as Hardaway, for longer, at a similar clip (Payton around 55TS%, Hardaway was all over the place). In addition, Hardaway got about 1 more rebound per game. OOOOOH!

We're talking about each player's respective prime, though. Hardaway posted a TS% of 60% in 1995 and 1996, Payton's career best is 56.4%.

You pretty clearly said that Hardaway's only redeeming trait is his height, but that's pretty demonstrably false considering he made two All-NBA teams in a row over Payton and posted a PER in 1996 higher than anything Payton did in his entire career.

If you want to take Payton because he's a better defender, I'm not going to argue with you on that, but dismissing Hardaway as some type of bit player is really stupid.

David Stern: Professional Troll.
Depressed Clown
MVP

Counterpoint/trolling

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2012, 09:24:45 am »

We're talking about each player's respective prime, though. Hardaway posted a TS% of 60% in 1995 and 1996, Payton's career best is 56.4%.

I believe you can take your whole 2-years of prime and jam it up your bottom.

You pretty clearly said that Hardaway's only redeeming trait is his height, but that's pretty demonstrably false considering he made two All-NBA teams in a row over Payton and posted a PER in 1996 higher than anything Payton did in his entire career.

If you want to take Payton because he's a better defender, I'm not going to argue with you on that, but dismissing Hardaway as some type of bit player is really stupid.

Stop embarrassing yourself by misquoting me. I quite CLEARLY implied he has nothing I value over Payton, and was only better at being tall. Yep, that's what I said. All of it true then and true now.

So, no, you can take your 1rpg and better shooting % over your chosen period that makes Hardaway seem better, and jam that right up your bottom too. I will be taking the guy who's better at things.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Jump to: