Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trade with Toronto?  (Read 6159 times)
breignchile
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: June 20, 2006, 10:30:15 am »

How bout a trade with Toronto? I think trading Maggette for MoPete will make both teams better. MoPete plays good defense and is an ironman, two things that Maggette does not currently possess? What do Clippers fans think of this scenario?
J*R*23
Undrafted

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 04:35:48 pm »

being a clippers fan, i looooooove maggette. i would be crushed if they let him go for as little as mo pete. I think maggette is better and being a celtics fan as well, i would hate to see the raptors getting even better than they are recently.

Celtics, nba champs in 2016 baby!
lakerfanryan8
Starter

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006, 04:17:18 pm »

yeah thats an unfair deal for  the CLippers

lakerfanryan8 is on the "Greg Oden will be a bust bandwagon."

lakers4life
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 05:40:53 pm »

The Clippers would have to at least get a unprotected 1st round pick as well.

Chri§ ßo§h 4
Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 10:46:02 am »

I doubt the Raptors are trading Mo Pete and his value maybe higher due to the fact he is less of a injury bug. And is or was NBA Iron Man.

johnnyxx
Undrafted

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 05:02:22 pm »

If the clippers offered that too they raps.
They should jump on it. Its a steal. Maggette's amazing.
J. Carter
Undrafted

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 08:04:42 pm »

I totally disagree, if the clips make any trade it should be with seattle for Rashard Lewis and a sign & trade Chris wilcox for Maggette, another player and a future draft pick.
NBAGURU
Benchwarmer

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 01:34:30 am »

Quote from: "J. Carter"
I totally disagree, if the clips make any trade it should be with seattle for Rashard Lewis and a sign & trade Chris wilcox for Maggette, another player and a future draft pick.

ummm the clippers just got rid of him because he was causing trouble over playing time.  

rashard lewis is a lot better value than maggette who's injured every yr.
BoomBapRecords
Undrafted

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 04:07:04 am »

there is no way we would trade mo pete for a guy that cant even play half a season yet alone defence

clips better give us a 1st round pick if they want that deal
lungi101
Journeyman

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2006, 07:44:31 am »

Magette is a good value contract. I could only see the clippers moving him for Mo Pete if they needed cap room to sign Kamen to an extension. Which could be a good reason for this trade.
Da Barrack
Undrafted

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2006, 07:24:12 am »

if the clippers are going to make a trade with the raptors they should trade for chris bosh the only raptor player worth trading maggette for
Kobe#1Vince#2
a.k.a. YHWHtheKing
MVP

Respect: +500

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2006, 03:35:17 pm »

Quote from: "Da Barrack"
if the clippers are going to make a trade with the raptors they should trade for chris bosh the only raptor player worth trading maggette for

If the raptors traded Chris Bosh for a stiff like Maggatte, I personally would find Bryan Colangelo and beat him senseless.
livlife2k
Undrafted

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2006, 05:55:30 pm »

Quote from: "Kobe#1Vince#2"

If the raptors traded Chris Bosh for a stiff like Maggatte, I personally would find Bryan Colangelo and beat him senseless.

If Maggette is a stiff as you claim(20+ ppg, 8-10 FT/game), what does that make Chris Mihm, Kwame Brown, Smush Parker, and Lamar Odom?
You are no doubt a Lakers fan...
lungi101
Journeyman

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2006, 07:01:42 am »

Quote from: "livlife2k"
Quote from: "Kobe#1Vince#2"

If Maggette is a stiff as you claim(20+ ppg, 8-10 FT/game), what does that make Chris Mihm, Kwame Brown, Smush Parker, and Lamar Odom?
You are no doubt a Lakers fan...

sorry but you need to be called out on this absurd comment. Chris Mihm, Kwame Brown, Smush Parker are what i call super stiffs. Odom is a far better player than Maggette. And just because u score 20 a game (though i like the ft numbers) doesnt mean ur an allstar. Mike James scored 20 last year. At one point jalen rose was scoring 20. Ron mercer scored 20 a game one season for gods sake!!!
Da Barrack
Undrafted

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2006, 08:59:14 am »

Maggette is far better than odom, mihm, brown and parker if he was healthy last season he could have been an all-star he was the star player for the clippers in the 04-05 seasont ogheter with brand and is when healthy as good as Elton Brand and maybe better than Brand when healthy. Maggette will come back strong in the 06-07 season.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: