Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which Quarterback are you taking?
QB - A - 0 (0%)
QB - B - 5 (71.4%)
QB - C - 2 (28.6%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Quarterback A, B, C  (Read 4998 times)
buddy holly
Star

( - ) ( - ) Yeah Buddy

Respect: +238

« on: December 04, 2012, 11:26:29 am »

Quarterback A - 12 GP, 63.4% completion, 2,344 yards passing, 19 TDs, 9 TOs, 65.3 QBR

Quarterback B - 12 GP, 67.0% completion, 2,660   yards passing, 23 TDs,  8 TOs, 73.6 QBR

Quarterback C - 12 GP  55% completion, 3,596 yards passing, 22 TDs, 16 TOs, 71.6 QBR

*Should be noted, these are all rookie QBs. You hear all the time that OROY is a 2 headed race, but judging by these statistics, it should be a 3 man race.

Dynasty
MVP

Respect: +788

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 11:55:29 am »

Wilson has been really good and I'm not going to discredit him, but overall he just hasn't had the same impact that Luck and RG3 have had.  For starters, Wilson has a really good defense and a great running game, Luck and RG3 are asked to do much more.  And overall just the expectations placed on Luck and RG3 were ridiculous to begin with and they have far surpassed them.  Luck took over a 2-14 team that had one of the worst offenses of all time and is replacing arguably the greatest quarterback ever and has taken his team to an 8-4 record.  RG3 has completely revitalized a once proud franchise that hasn't really been relevant since George H.W. Bush was President.
sulingman
MVP

WINNING AND GRINNING

Respect: +700

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 08:45:38 pm »

I don't know where these numbers come from, but passing yards is NOT on the same level as the other stats.

See: Carson Palmer.

"MO MONEY, MO QUANDARIES"
buddy holly
Star

( - ) ( - ) Yeah Buddy

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 07:51:28 pm »

I don't know where these numbers come from, but passing yards is NOT on the same level as the other stats.

See: Carson Palmer.
Passing yards mean nothing when you can't manage the game (see Matt Stafford)

That Guy
MVP

Still here.

Respect: +2140

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 04:46:43 pm »

Passing yards mean nothing when you can't manage the game (see Matt Stafford)

lolwut

David Stern: Professional Troll.
buddy holly
Star

( - ) ( - ) Yeah Buddy

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 12:37:18 am »

lolwut
How is this confusing? I'm acknowledging that it's possible the throw for 400 yards every game but blow 12 point leads with 3 minutes left.

That Guy
MVP

Still here.

Respect: +2140

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 01:02:57 am »

How is this confusing? I'm acknowledging that it's possible the throw for 400 yards every game but blow 12 point leads with 3 minutes left.

How the hell is that on the quarterback?

David Stern: Professional Troll.
buddy holly
Star

( - ) ( - ) Yeah Buddy

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 06:25:34 am »

That Russell Wilson sure knows how to play Quarterback

Dynasty
MVP

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 10:46:52 pm »

That Russell Wilson sure knows how to play Quarterback
So does Andrew Luck, I'd still take him 100 times out of 100 over Wilson.
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2012, 11:19:05 pm »

So does Andrew Luck, I'd still take him 100 times out of 100 over Wilson.

homer

Soon....
buddy holly
Star

( - ) ( - ) Yeah Buddy

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2012, 11:39:19 pm »

Russell Wilson had a pretty good game.

BBalldude
Undrafted

Respect: +38

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2012, 10:54:55 am »

Wilson has been really good and I'm not going to discredit him, but overall he just hasn't had the same impact that Luck and RG3 have had.  For starters, Wilson has a really good defense and a great running game, Luck and RG3 are asked to do much more.  

Um...Morris?  He's put up almost the same number of rushing yards as Lynch.

And overall just the expectations placed on Luck and RG3 were ridiculous to begin with and they have far surpassed them.  Luck took over a 2-14 team that had one of the worst offenses of all time and is replacing arguably the greatest quarterback ever and has taken his team to an 8-4 record.  RG3 has completely revitalized a once proud franchise that hasn't really been relevant since George H.W. Bush was President.

The Colts were tanking on purpose.  Suck for Luck.  Makes that "turn around" less impressive.  QB rating to date:

RGIII: 104.1
Wilson: 98
Luck: 75.6

That's with Seattle playing very conservative the first few games, not letting Wilson play.  Since they let him go free over the past few months? #1 QB.  That's #1 QB among all QBs, not just rookies.

*Edit*  I guess you could say, which rookie QB is about to break Peyton Manning's rookie record?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 11:32:07 am by BBalldude » Logged
Dynasty
MVP

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2012, 11:39:16 am »

The Colts were tanking on purpose.  Suck for Luck.  Makes that "turn around" less impressive.  QB rating to date:

RGIII: 104.1
Wilson: 98
Luck: 75.6

That's with Seattle playing very conservative the first few games, not letting Wilson play.  Since they let him go free over the past few months? #1 QB.  That's #1 QB among all QBs, not just rookies.

*Edit*  I guess you could say, which rookie QB is about to break Peyton Manning's rookie record?
I guess you could say, which rookie QB just broke Cam Newton's rookie record for passing yards?

And spare me the nonsense about the team tanking last year, if they were tanking then why did they beat Tennessee and Houston in 2 of the final three weeks of the season when those two teams were fighting for playoff spots?  Fact is, they were just horrible to begin with, it wasn't just the loss of Manning and Caldwell, they've completely rebuilt the roster this year and yeah, it isn't all Luck and he isn't the team's best player (that would be Reggie Wayne and Robert Mathis) but anybody who has watched the team can tell that Luck is clearly their most important player.  Give RG3 or Wilson the rookie of the year, fine, I don't really care about that award but neither of them are asked to do the kinds of things Luck is asked to do every game and if I'm building a team for the future, there's no player I would rather have than Luck.
BBalldude
Undrafted

Respect: +38

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2012, 12:39:40 pm »

I guess you could say, which rookie QB just broke Cam Newton's rookie record for passing yards?

I guess I think beating Peyton Manning's record is more impressive than beating Cam Newton's record.  Sling the ball all you want, but it's TDs that matter.

And spare me the nonsense about the team tanking last year, if they were tanking then why did they beat Tennessee and Houston in 2 of the final three weeks of the season when those two teams were fighting for playoff spots?  Fact is, they were just horrible to begin with, it wasn't just the loss of Manning and Caldwell, they've completely rebuilt the roster this year and yeah, it isn't all Luck and he isn't the team's best player (that would be Reggie Wayne and Robert Mathis) but anybody who has watched the team can tell that Luck is clearly their most important player.  Give RG3 or Wilson the rookie of the year, fine, I don't really care about that award but neither of them are asked to do the kinds of things Luck is asked to do every game and if I'm building a team for the future, there's no player I would rather have than Luck.

Luck is great, sure.  I'm not taking that away.  But the team was tanking last year.  The Suck for Luck campaign was something that was going on, and everyone knew about it.
Dynasty
MVP

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2012, 12:45:37 pm »

Luck is great, sure.  I'm not taking that away.  But the team was tanking last year.  The Suck for Luck campaign was something that was going on, and everyone knew about it.
Nah thats bs, it was a fan creation if anything.  You seriously think a team full of guys who played in the Super Bowl just 2 years prior were seriously going to tank?  Nah, tanking may exist in basketball but thats just not something that happens in the NFL.  Fact is, they were just that bad, and that is evident not only by their record but by the firings of Polian and Caldwell and the 70% turnover the roster had this season.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: