Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 3 wins without Bargnani  (Read 2439 times)
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2012, 12:00:52 pm »

While I do hate Bargnani and they're clearly better without him, the evidence against Lowry is staggering. They're 2-14 in games when he starts and 5-5 when Calderon starts. The team is, shockingly, allowing right around 93 PPG in the 10 games Calderon has started, and 104 per game in the games Lowry has started. Obviously there are other mitigating factors (such as Davis playing over Bargnani for a handful of those games, and Anderson has indeed played well), but I'm not sure I'm prepared to blindly defend Lowry just because he was our off-season coup. He came out like gangbusters, got hurt, came back and played like poop, and now he's hurt again. Plus, Calderon has been just excellent lately. Three games does not a season make, but it will be interesting to see if this trend continues.

Thing is, Lowry has a history of being a positive impact player.  You have to consider that along with the fact that he has had to play with the teams handicap present in every game while Calderon gets to play with real basketball players.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2012, 12:14:45 pm »

I consider that, I just didn't want to ignore those numbers with him in the lineup. Fair enough about giving him the benefit of the doubt this early in his Raptors tenure. I'm just saying, he hasn't exactly been the stud we were all hoping for quite yet.

I do like Anderson. He's extremely hot and cold and offers little besides 3-point shooting, but when he's on, he can really catch fire from there.

Soon....
Kobe#1Vince#2
a.k.a. YHWHtheKing
MVP

Respect: +500

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2012, 12:19:54 pm »

Maybe I'm jumping the gun here, but mayeb Kyle Lowry is a bit over rated? Maybe the Raptors should go after Brandon Jennings next season? He has stated that he would love to play in Toronto.

(and before I get asked a million times where he said that, he has stated it on twitter multiple times)
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2012, 12:42:16 pm »

Lowry is underrated, if anything.

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2012, 12:53:16 pm »

I consider that, I just didn't want to ignore those numbers with him in the lineup. Fair enough about giving him the benefit of the doubt this early in his Raptors tenure. I'm just saying, he hasn't exactly been the stud we were all hoping for quite yet.

Well he kind of has.  He certainly was before he got hurt(though that was a small sample size), he's just been inconsistent as he tries to come back from that injury, and a lot of those losses were close enough that I really believe if Bargnani hadn't been playing they would have been victories.  I mean, does anyone actually think the Raptors lose to the Pacers on opening night if Bargnani doesn't play?  That Spurs game probably turns out very differently without Bargnani shooting 2-19.  I'd like to see what a healthy Lowry can do playing without the teams handicap before judging his worth.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
Lithuania_HD
Starter

Respect: +161

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2012, 03:17:11 pm »

This team won't make playoffs unless they really go off, considering the 8th was suppose to be Atlanta or Bucks and both of those are playing really well and not even 8th, you got Boston and Philly at the bottom of play-offs, obviously if Raptors get to 10th place they don't get high pick which would make Colangelo look better.
Play Lowry this year and if he does good, try to sign him, if he refuses or sucks, ship him out.

Yuri Gagarin
Star

Respect: +169

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2012, 05:02:06 pm »

I think Lowry is itching to join this line up. Apparently a week or two ago Casey allowed Bargnani and Lowry to air some stuff out with each other. I can only guess what Lowry had to say. You could see there was tension between the two. Everyone knows chemistry is a vital statistic.

People of Earth, we have come to blow your mind.
Fireball
a.k.a. Vict
Star

Respect: +143

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2012, 05:50:46 pm »

There's tension between everyone with Bargnani. He takes amateur shots and plays like a fat white kid on defense. I want to see Lowry run this team without Bargnani in the lineup.

"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court" - Alvin Williams
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2012, 06:06:24 pm »

I think Lowry is itching to join this line up. Apparently a week or two ago Casey allowed Bargnani and Lowry to air some stuff out with each other. I can only guess what Lowry had to say. You could see there was tension between the two. Everyone knows chemistry is a vital statistic.

I was just reading about that.  They said it was a team meeting to air grievances that centered around Bargnani and Lowry, so obviously we all know what that means.

Well, Oscar probably doesn't, but the rest of us do.

Max Power
All-Star

Respect: +917

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2012, 07:37:27 pm »

I was just reading about that.  They said it was a team meeting to air grievances that centered around Bargnani and Lowry, so obviously we all know what that means.

Do you have a link? I could Google it but... ya know.
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2012, 08:34:13 pm »

It was mentioned briefly here:  http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/12/18/time-is-now-for-raptors-kyle-lowry-to-seize-his-moment/

That culminated with a disastrous five-game road trip in which both Lowry and Calderon struggled in their roles, the Raptors had a locker-room meeting in Utah to air a series of grievances and — the coup de grace — finished with Andrea Bargnani and Lowry, the two players at the centre of the Utah discussion, suffering significant injuries in Portland.

Bargnani and Lowry were the two players at the center of the discussion, and we know that Bargnani isn't exactly in a place to criticize anyone so it's clear what happened.

Fireball
a.k.a. Vict
Star

Respect: +143

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2012, 08:38:06 pm »

4 game win streak. Impressive.

"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court" - Alvin Williams
Yuri Gagarin
Star

Respect: +169

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2012, 10:25:38 pm »

hehe. oscars defence of AB is so mind boggling you gotta think it could only be Bargnani. My Italian friend was an enthusiastic Il Mago supporter but now thinks he's plain sht. Oscar = AB or at least a relative or close friend....AB's mom?

People of Earth, we have come to blow your mind.
Newt
Starter

Respect: +19

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2012, 05:56:25 am »

There's tension between everyone with Bargnani. He takes amateur shots and plays like a fat white kid on defense. I want to see Lowry run this team without Bargnani in the lineup.

Agree.  I want to see a healthy Lowry on the floor without AB.
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2012, 05:50:42 pm »

Gay,Aldridge and Rondo.. if only....

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Jump to: