Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Grizz - Wiz - Cavs  (Read 762 times)
13Supernuts
Starter

« on: January 14, 2013, 09:24:25 am »

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ay7zunq

Washington sends their first rounder to Cleveland

Memphis saves a ton of money and get a young prospect to help spread the floor on offense. Tony Allen moves to the 3 in the starting lineup, Beal starts at the 2, and they get Casspi a serviceable back up.

Washington gets a star and moves out a bad contract. Costs them basically two first rounders, but they have to already have resigning John Wall in the backs of their mind, and Gay does make them better in the short term.

Cleveland has been trying to rent out their cap space for lottery picks. Even with Gay for the rest of the season the Wizards pick will still be a good pick. They also just want 2 year deals coming back so they can make a run at 2014 free agency to bring back Lebron.
robertbenedictwhite
Journeyman

NBAeinstein.com

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 10:04:20 am »

I like it for everyone except Cleveland

NBAeinstein.com daily NBA news and analysis
dabulls1
Star

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 10:42:14 am »

This is a great deal for Cleveland... They get rid of absolute garbage for a quality big. I don't know if I see Washington doing it though. They are pretty slim in the front court already, losing Okafor wouldn't help. If they are bad enough to draft Zeller, then this could work out great. And I don't really know how high teams are on Gay. He's shown he can be a great player, but doesn't do it anywhere near consistently enough. Wizards might think Beal has more potential to reach his ceiling. I'm not saying his ceiling is higher by any means, but that's not really that important if the guy (Gay) might not be able to put it all together.
phxnation
Benchwarmer

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 02:47:37 pm »

Can see Cleveland doing this since Andy is out but do they really want to pay another extra year of Okafor's contract when Casspi and Walton's contract expire this summer?. Cleveland says no.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 03:23:19 pm »

Can see Cleveland doing this since Andy is out but do they really want to pay another extra year of Okafor's contract when Casspi and Walton's contract expire this summer?. Cleveland says no.

Is Cleveland attracting any big name free agents they can use cap space on?  No.

They would be doing what OKC did.  Help teams with the cap situation for picks and young talent.

13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 05:51:00 pm »

I understand wanting some type of roster balance for Washington. What if it looked like this?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cavn3lf
dabulls1
Star

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 10:29:08 pm »

That's a better deal than the first IMO. Depends how high the Wiz are on Gay though. They might want to keep Beal and let him develop into a superstar on that rookie contract. I know they aren't signing big time FA's anytime soon so money isn't a huge issue in Washington, but I don't really know if Rudy is that big name guy that'd get wins and sell tickets anyways. I think they'd be better off getting a vet that is in beast mode already (like the Rockets got with Harden), or go after someone like Cousins. They could sell the *** (relatively speaking to what they do now) out of the Kentucky duo I think.
MilBucksFan4Life1
Star

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 05:23:20 am »

That's a better deal than the first IMO. Depends how high the Wiz are on Gay though. They might want to keep Beal and let him develop into a superstar on that rookie contract. I know they aren't signing big time FA's anytime soon so money isn't a huge issue in Washington, but I don't really know if Rudy is that big name guy that'd get wins and sell tickets anyways. I think they'd be better off getting a vet that is in beast mode already (like the Rockets got with Harden), or go after someone like Cousins. They could sell the *** (relatively speaking to what they do now) out of the Kentucky duo I think.
Beal should not stop the Wizards from adding Rudy Gay to John Wall...Beal is 6'3 and a tweener. A career 6th man...on a contender. Do the deal if you are the Wizards. Wall, Gay and Nene...there you go.

I would not move Gay at all if I was the Grizzlies but the organization would be really silly and incompetant for breaking that team up in any way shape or form. What they need to do is get Mayo back!

They should have moved Gay last year and paid for OJ Mayo which is what you are in effect doing if you are going after Beal.

If anything if you REALLY WANT to trade Gay then try to swing a deal and send Gay to Dallas and get Mayo back...but they are atleast not that dumb to trade him to a rival in their own Conference right?

They can get what they need from the D-League and leave everyone alone on that roster. Why are you screwing with the best frontcourt in the entire NBA on paper and on the floor!?

That team as assembled and left alone can win the title this year...if everything falls in place. But they hired Hollinger or some number cruncher and he thinks he knows what he is doing?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 05:28:44 am by MilBucksFan4Life1 » Logged

Lets not Buck-s the System!...Carry on. Buck-le Up Milwaukee!
MilBucksFan4Life1
Star

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 05:31:03 am »

You would do what? Beal is no bigger then Ellis. You take Gay if you are the Grizzlies and he is from Baltimore and the D.C. area so he would be at home and draw fans there.

It is a no-brainer for the Wizards. Beal is irrelevant. Beal will not be better then Gay in the long run.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 05:51:38 am by MilBucksFan4Life1 » Logged

Lets not Buck-s the System!...Carry on. Buck-le Up Milwaukee!
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 01:06:04 pm »

You would do what? Beal is no bigger then Ellis.

Even if they are the same height, Beal is listed at being 32 pounds heavier than Ellis.

dabulls1
Star

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 03:24:23 pm »

Beal should not stop the Wizards from adding Rudy Gay to John Wall...Beal is 6'3 and a tweener. A career 6th man...on a contender. Do the deal if you are the Wizards. Wall, Gay and Nene...there you go.
I'm not disagreeing with that by any means. I'm just pointing out that the Wizards (not me) might be higher on their number 3 pick than they are on Rudy. I'm a huge Rudy fan and love his game. He should be a superstar in this league with his skill set, but he isn't (yet). The Wizards might not think he can put it all together and become that superstar. It's his 7th year in the league, he should be averaging more than 18ppg on 41% shooting. He's way better than that imo. The Wiz might think he's capped out at those numbers.

And Beal is a starter on A LOT of playoff teams. Looking at the playoff teams as of now, he could easily start on New York, Indiana (at the 2 if the trade Granger and move George to the 3), Chicago, and Atlanta. That's half the teams in the East that he would be a sure-fire starter on. He could also start in Boston over Avery Bradley if they want someone that can score instead of being defense only (depends on what they prefer). If they let Bron run the point in Miami, he could start over Chalmers and be a hell of a spot-up 3-point shooter. And I'm sure a lot of people other than you would take him in Milwaukee over your favorite chucker. The only playoff teams that have a definitely better 2 than him in the East are Brooklyn, Miami, and Indy (if they have George at the 2). The NBA is VERY WEAK at the 2-guard spot.

In the end though, I agree with this part...
I would not move Gay at all if I was the Grizzlies
dabulls1
Star

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 03:29:08 pm »

And in the West btw, he could start on the Clippers, Spurs, Grizzlies, and Jazz (half game out of the playoffs as of now so I counted them cuz it could change easily). If a defense-only guy is what the teams want, then they already have those guys in place. If they want an actual 2-guard that can put the ball in the hoop, Beal is the much better option.

All depends on team needs, but to say Beal is a career 6th man on a contender is ridiculous.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: