Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: im just messin around with realgm's trade checker and..  (Read 4487 times)
Kilogram
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: July 21, 2006, 03:03:55 am »

how would y'all feel about this...

Indiana Gets
G-F - Bonzi Wells (sign and trade; from Sacramento)
F - Anderson Varejao ($945,600; from Cleveland)
C - Vitaly Potapenko ($3,674,584; from Sacramento)

Sacramento Gets
G - Larry Hughes ($11,172,492; from Cleveland)
G - Jamaal Tinsley ($5,850,000; from Indiana)

Cleveland Gets
G - Mike Bibby ($12,500,000; from Sacramento)
G - Stephen Jackson ($6,120,000; from Indiana)

considering Bonzi gets signed for the right ammount i think this trade would work salary wise.

Why for Indiana: Bonzi gives us more rebounding and defense, and even more versatility at SG and an improvement. Anderson Varejao gives depth at power forward since currently JO is our only PF, since Al Harrington plays the 4 a lot it wouldn't give Varejao a lot of responsibility, which is good. Vitaly Potapenko gives us more depth at center behind Harrison and Foster. Probably take Pollard's place from last year. Both Varejao and Potapenko are expiring contracts.

Why for Sacramento: Considering if Bonzi wants to leave, this gives them a replacement SG in Larry Hughes. And since they're in the middle of a transition from run and gun to defense I've read they might trade Bibby to go with that transition. They get a good defensive point guard and a pure point guard in Tinsley.

Why for Cleveland: Cleveland is looking for a point guard for when Eric Snow eventually retires and Damon Jones is on the block for his *** last year, and Mike Bibby would be a good 2nd star to LeBron. To get talent you gotta give talent, and they send Hughes to Sacramento. They'd get Jackson in return to start at SG as a replacement. He'd click well with Mike Brown since he was our assistant last year and he was with the spurs when Stephen Jackson won a title in 2003.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 04:29:08 am »

one of the better trade ideas i have read of late..
except i think pacers get the least talent and would need to do another trade to clean up there roster.
obijethro
Undrafted

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 09:04:16 pm »

Yea if I am not mistaken the pacers would be real short handed on pg with that trade. I think throw Snow in twards the pacers and sned Benders contract to the cavs its up in a year and would free alot of cap for them.

lakerfanryan8
Starter

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 10:03:51 pm »

I dont think Sacremento is getting that great of a deal. Bibby and Wells for Hughes and Tinsley?

lakerfanryan8 is on the "Greg Oden will be a bust bandwagon."

Benchwarmer

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 10:42:19 pm »

Potepenko is basically a waste of a roster spot on any team, let alone the Pacers. He's slow, a poor defender and doesn't fit in what Bird and Walsh are building. Varejao & Wells would be okay though.

Sacramento has Kevin Martin at SG who is very much underrated. Hughes' big contract wouldn't fly there. Tinsley is also not known for his defense.

In my opinion, Cleveland would be the only team that would gain players that fit their system with this trade.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 11:45:44 pm »

yeh true cleveland gets the best of this trade..
and kevin martin is very underated..
another topic to dicuss is.. anyone else think jack'slow'son is a better 3 man then 2?
cucumberjones
Benchwarmer

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 02:18:31 am »

That trade checker needs to be an accuracy checker as well. No way would the Kings do this deal. The Pacers and Cavs actually might, but there's not the slighest bit of chance the Kings would ever even consider it. They don't need another SG, although Tinsley would help at PG. They're not getting rid of Bibby for Hughes either, which is basically the deal.
Kobe Is Awesome
Journeyman

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2006, 12:48:16 am »

good deal

Chopper reads your letters!
"I'm 35 and have trouble meeting girls" Brad, Queensland.
Grow a f****n moustache
Ronnie Johns
cucumberjones
Benchwarmer

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2006, 02:28:35 am »

Quote from: "Kobe Is Awesome"
good deal

Hey post ***, knock it off.
lungi101
Journeyman

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2006, 02:42:20 am »

I am confused by this deal. Why would sacramento want to take on two players with long contracts that are injury prone and did not play last season. Sure, both tinsley and hughes are good defenders. BUT!!! at what cost?
saleem
Starter

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2006, 03:08:42 am »

Quote from: "cucumberjones"
Quote from: "Kobe Is Awesome"
good deal

Hey post *****, knock it off.
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I was going to comment on how the Kings would be shafted in this deal....but everyone beat me to it.  Cool

"..Yeah, but...$5 bucks..."
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 07:42:35 am »

yeh true cleveland gets the best of this trade..
and kevin martin is very underated..
another topic to dicuss is.. anyone else think jack'slow'son is a better 3 man then 2?

nice early call on the kevin martin potential.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: