Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clips - Jazz  (Read 610 times)
13Supernuts
Starter

« on: February 03, 2013, 06:27:59 pm »

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b2knklc

Pretty self explanatory
thetravellingpalmer
Starter

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 07:33:38 pm »

I summon the words to express how much disdain the Clippers would have for this deal.

For the umpteenth time, why can't anyone comprehend why the Clips aren't even looking to move Bledsoe until CP3 is locked up long term?

The Jazz has been looking to move Rajah Bell for years now, absolutely nobody wants the guy.
13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 08:08:45 am »

Where is Paul going? Seriously, the Clips will offer the max and he will take the max. Is he not in the same boat as every other big name free agent waiting to sign a new deal rather than an extension because he can make more money that way? Why would he leave the Clippers? Great, young big to play with in Blake and in a big market, what situation is he going to find that is better?

And they wouldn't be doing the deal because they want Raja Bell the player, they just want his contract instead of Butler's. They have other players on the roster that can produce just as well as Butler and much cheaper.
robertbenedictwhite
Journeyman

NBAeinstein.com

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 10:30:21 am »

Would be dependent on whether the Clips believed Favors was the guy to pair next to BG at the end of games. I think that's their biggest problem right now
Butler is far better than Bell is now

NBAeinstein.com daily NBA news and analysis
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 10:56:06 am »

No way does the Jazz do this.  They are way too high on Favors.

13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 11:58:54 am »

Would be dependent on whether the Clips believed Favors was the guy to pair next to BG at the end of games. I think that's their biggest problem right now

This is absolutely correct. DeAndre is still who they would prefer to move into that role for the future, but it he inconsistent this season. Favors at the very least would be a terrific 3rd big, and have a 3 man rotation with those three would be very good and the minutes could easily be spread around.

Butler is far better than Bell is now

Not the point. Again...
And they wouldn't be doing the deal because they want Raja Bell the player, they just want his contract instead of Butler's. They have other players on the roster that can produce just as well as Butler and much cheaper.
13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 12:05:20 pm »

No way does the Jazz do this.  They are way too high on Favors.

Is this true? I haven't heard anything either way on Favors, just that they prefer to trade Jefferson or Millsap. I would assume that would mean they like Favor and Kanter, but not sure.

But if they can't get a deal for either of them they like, why not move one of the young bigs instead? We've seen them trade Williams before with no warning, why would Favors or Kanter be untouchable?
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 01:08:36 pm »

Is this true? I haven't heard anything either way on Favors, just that they prefer to trade Jefferson or Millsap. I would assume that would mean they like Favor and Kanter, but not sure.

But if they can't get a deal for either of them they like, why not move one of the young bigs instead? We've seen them trade Williams before with no warning, why would Favors or Kanter be untouchable?

Favors and Kanter are the future of the Jazz.  Either Jefferson or Millsap are going, but Favors and Kanter are not going anywhere.

phxnation
Benchwarmer

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 04:28:53 pm »

I don't see Clippers giving up Bledsoe for Favors, because I would assume they'd rather get back Al Jefferson. The only that worries me about the Clippers is DeAndre Jordan. He has good games then has terrible games. Clippers can't afford to have him sh*t the bed in the playoffs, Al Jefferson at the Center would be the answer for Clippers to battle the Spurs, should they meet in the Semis or WCF
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: