Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which Spurs belong in the Hall?  (Read 1789 times)
Mavsguru
Starter

Respect: 0

« on: June 20, 2007, 01:54:10 am »

1. Tim Duncan - 100% lock as a 1st ballot entry into the Hall.
2. Greg Poppovich - Another total lock, he coached all 4 title winners.
3. Manu Ginobli - 2 titles added to his historic Gold Medal win with Argentina.  I'd say he's 50-50 right now based on his exceptional International success primarily.
4. Tony Parker - 3 titles, 1st Euro-playoff MVP.  3 or 4 more seasons at his level should do it for sure, but he's already won the major battles towards immortality in the Halll.  
5. Bruce Bowen - 4 titles, great Defense, phenomenal contribution to the Spurs dynasty.  I think a 5th title is necessary along with 2 or 3 more strong years.  My guess is he'll fall short.
6. Robert Horry - 7 titles with 3 teams, Several clutch moments in the playoffs including a couple of title saving moments over the years.  His numbers aren't near H of F, but the intangibles are truly phenomenal.  I'd say after next year, or maybe the following, he should break Kareem's most playoff games ever by a player.  If and when he takes that record, the 7 titles and several great moments with it should earn him H of F entry.  

In short, I see 5 hall of famers out of the Spurs dynasty someday, not counting the Admiral.
td21
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 05:46:48 am »

the first 4 are a given, as for bruce, he'll never make it in. i think as much success horry has had over his career i see him getting snubbed a couple of times before he makes it in, overall i think it will be a while. Cool
legenderypete
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 09:11:09 am »

pops,manu and duncan are probably the most deserving and thats about it
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 11:12:45 am »

Tony Parker will not get into the Hall of Fame, and to say Bowen will just "fall short" is crazy in itself, we just can't start giving everyone who's been on a dynasty team with several rings a chance at the Hall, that means Steve Kerr would be a lock, and he had clutch moments to. Duncan for sure, Manu maybe and defientely Popovich, no more, no less.

Soon....
td21
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 12:56:07 pm »

tony already has a chance and he's only a couple of seasons deep, imagine in the next four to five.
themadkiwi
MVP

Respect: +17

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 02:43:17 pm »

A debilitating injury to Ginobli or Parker would quickly take them out of contention. A little too early to be thinking of HOF scenarios isn't it?
atother
Undrafted

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 10:55:51 am »

Robert Horry is pretty much a lock too having 7 Championship rings and having the most 3 pointers in playoff history...
td21
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 10:57:28 am »

Quote from: "atother"
Robert Horry is pretty much a lock too having 7 Championship rings and having the most 3 pointers in playoff history...

records can't put you in
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: