Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: General TV Show Thread  (Read 22006 times)
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2013, 11:22:17 pm »

All I'll say is that they ended The Office the right way.

I am about to catch the finale ondemand.
Oliver
Star

peace coming from the far east

« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2013, 10:56:32 am »

Yeah, I gotta agree with Jamm. I've watched the show in its entirety, and there have been some bad seasons of course, but I thought that was a great ending. Despite the last few seasons not being great, I'm kind of sad to see the show end.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2013, 12:59:24 am »

Not on CHARTER OnDemand yet, crap, they better put it up.
Stinkinbishop
a.k.a. stinkinbishop
MVP

Eventually Black.

« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2014, 03:04:01 pm »

We need this thread. Justified is on tonight (I think?) ...

The Black List isn't though, because of the Winter Olympics. Another reason to boycott!

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2014, 02:34:38 am »

Anyone watched Welcome to Myrtle Manor? It's pretty funny.
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2014, 10:32:36 am »

True Detective is certainly living up to its hype, at least for me.

New Girl is easily the funniest sitcom out there. Shoutouts to Brooklyn Nine Nine and of course Parks and Rec.

Soon....
StumptheSlob
MVP

« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2014, 11:16:12 am »

True Detective is unreal. McConaughey kills it week in, week out and Harrelson isn't far behind. That last scene of "Who Goes There" was incredible.

Crazy ending to Shameless this week. They always seem to throw you a shocking ending when you least expect it.

GO NEW YORK, GO NEW YORK, GO!
"The girls danced, started fondling me, I got aroused, they performed oral sex. I hung around a little bit and talked to them, then I left." - Patrick Ewing
"If people don't consider me a good player, they're stupid." - Danilo Gallinari
Perd Hapley
Starter

« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2014, 11:21:23 am »

Crazy ending to Shameless this week. They always seem to throw you a shocking ending when you least expect it.
The only bummer is with the whole thing with Fiona/Mike/Mike's brother is that we prob won't see her naked anymore this season Sad
Stinkinbishop
a.k.a. stinkinbishop
MVP

Eventually Black.

« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2014, 11:55:14 am »

True Detective is certainly living up to its hype, at least for me.

New Girl is easily the funniest sitcom out there. Shoutouts to Brooklyn Nine Nine and of course Parks and Rec.

I watched most of the first season of New Girl and then gave up because I thought it was dire and trying way too hard. I caught a more recent episode on TV the other day and man, it has improved so much. I've been catching up on more since and I'm not sure I'd say it's the funniest show on at the moment (but then again, I can't think of an alternative off the top of my head) it's definitely up there. Has great timing especially, something I feel overrated shows like The Big Band Theory doesn't have.

Bill Burr was in an episode I watched recently, too. I love that guy!

cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2014, 12:18:12 pm »

I watched most of the first season of New Girl and then gave up because I thought it was dire and trying way too hard. I caught a more recent episode on TV the other day and man, it has improved so much. I've been catching up on more since and I'm not sure I'd say it's the funniest show on at the moment (but then again, I can't think of an alternative off the top of my head) it's definitely up there. Has great timing especially, something I feel overrated shows like The Big Band Theory doesn't have.

Bill Burr was in an episode I watched recently, too. I love that guy!

I just love the sort of manic/screwball type of comedy the show has taken too. The cast all have great chemistry together and as you said, great timing. For me, it's one of the more enjoyable sitcoms I can ever remember watching. Have you ever watched Brooklyn Nine Nine?

Big Bang Theory is horrible. Generic jokes about nerdy guys being chummy with impossibly hot chick. Set up, punch line, laugh track. Ugh.

Soon....
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2014, 02:22:10 pm »

Have you guys seen $10 Million Big Foot Hunt?

It is hosted by DEAN CAIN (you know, that guy who played Superman on that terrible show), and if (when) one of the teams find Big Foot, they will win TEN MILLION DOLLARS!!!1!1!¡i!

Anyone watch Archer?

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2014, 02:21:34 am »

I also love *** Stars and Counting Cars, a lot of History shows.
Stinkinbishop
a.k.a. stinkinbishop
MVP

Eventually Black.

« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2014, 05:13:33 am »

I just love the sort of manic/screwball type of comedy the show has taken too. The cast all have great chemistry together and as you said, great timing. For me, it's one of the more enjoyable sitcoms I can ever remember watching. Have you ever watched Brooklyn Nine Nine?

Big Bang Theory is horrible. Generic jokes about nerdy guys being chummy with impossibly hot chick. Set up, punch line, laugh track. Ugh.

That's what I like about it. There's a zaniness mixed with a relatability and likeability of the characters, it's found a nice line. And it's unique compared to some other roommate comedies, it's snappy and you don't know when the punchline is coming, unlike, as you say, the predictability of Big Bang Theory.
Brooklyn Nine Nine has just started over here, I haven't watched a full episode yet but I caught a few clips and it looks funny, Andy Samberg and Andre Braugher have so much potential together.

It is hosted by DEAN CAIN (you know, that guy who played Superman on that terrible show), and if (when) one of the teams find Big Foot, they will win TEN MILLION DOLLARS!!!1!1!¡i!

Anyone watch Archer?

It's Archer Vice now! I thought I'd hate the new direction, but I love it, especially Pam. Lana is starting to really annoy me though, Aisha Tyler is just mailing it in this season so far, in my opinion.

I remember Dean Cain! He guest starred in Don't Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23 a few times, playing himself as James Vanderbeek's nemesis, sort of. That was a criminally underrated show.

Kyle_G
a.k.a. Cbosh4awin & Reptar
MVP

« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2014, 07:57:52 am »

Anyone watch Archer?
I've seen all but one season of Archer just started watching the most recent one. Just watched the episode with Anthony Bourdain guest starring in it and it was great.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2014, 11:03:02 am »

It's Archer Vice now! I thought I'd hate the new direction, but I love it, especially Pam. Lana is starting to really annoy me though, Aisha Tyler is just mailing it in this season so far, in my opinion.

Meh, I guess I had not given Aisha Tyler's performance much thought, but I guess you might be right.

The second episode of the season was great.  With the return of the gay hitmen, and the Cuban guy (forget his name), it was hilarious.  The episode after that was hit and miss. 

Kreeger is the best.

I remember Dean Cain! He guest starred in Don't Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23 a few times, playing himself as James Vanderbeek's nemesis, sort of. That was a criminally underrated show.

I did not discover that show until after it got canceled, unfortunately.  When I first saw the commercials I thought it was stupid, and then I had missed the train.  So then I gave it a whirl on Netflix, and I loved it.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up

Jump to: