Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who Takes This Exciting First Rounder?
Thunder in 4
Thunder in 5
Thunder in 6
Thunder in 7
Rockets in 4
Rockets in 5
Rockets in 6
Rockets in 7

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: West Round 1: [1] Thunder vs. [8] Rockets  (Read 12958 times)
Beetothezee
MVP

New York Knicks/Yankees/Jets

Respect: +2013

« Reply #105 on: April 25, 2013, 12:45:30 pm »

listen man, i asked several questions and got no answers, i'm doing nothing different than what you've done. speaking of nicknames.. we know the story about your pet duck also, remember ?

SIP madawg
timmio1990
Star

Respect: +483

« Reply #106 on: April 25, 2013, 12:46:10 pm »

You swore I was a Raptors fan because you're an idiot.

If you're going to call other people out on their allegiance don't be a little bitch about it(though it is your nickname, so I guess it should be expected)

Might not be for long if he takes Dice up on this bet
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #107 on: April 25, 2013, 12:50:44 pm »

listen man, i asked several questions and got no answers, i'm doing nothing different than what you've done. speaking of nicknames.. we know the story about your pet duck also, remember ?

Translation:  "I talk so much shit to cover up the fact that I'm such a bitch."  Stop being so afraid to back up the things you say.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
Beetothezee
MVP

« Reply #108 on: April 25, 2013, 12:55:32 pm »

if you're a Knick fan i shouldn't have to explain anything to you, simple

SIP madawg
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #109 on: April 25, 2013, 01:00:42 pm »

If you're eligible to be the bluff caller you seem to think you are you wouldn't be afraid to talk about how long you've been down.

But you're clearly afraid.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
Beetothezee
MVP

« Reply #110 on: April 25, 2013, 01:13:36 pm »
+1

you're not good at math are you ? how did you conclude i should answer question when you don't, are you the  police ? you're not winning here today, buddy

SIP madawg
madawg49
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1581

« Reply #111 on: April 25, 2013, 01:19:34 pm »

you're not good at math are you ? how did you conclude i should answer question when you don't, are you the  police ? you're not winning here today, buddy

You made the claim.

madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #112 on: April 25, 2013, 01:30:47 pm »

If duck had said, "Jeremy Lin is the toughest sonofabeezie in the league," we would expect him to back it up.

GSW1Bulls
All-Star

Respect: +683

« Reply #113 on: April 25, 2013, 02:10:28 pm »
+1

Beezie Warning; I can feel a Miniature Manifesto coming on...

Thing is, if you state your opinion publicly people might want to know what you're basing it on and if it's not based on anything then you look like an idiot.

I have never, in my entire life, met someone who is so talented at making ludicrously stupid comments seem so logical and intelligent. I would tip my hat to you if I was wearing one.

"You can't express your opinion unless you are willing to defend it against any and all criticism with solid evidence". - Pretty much the gist of it right?

His opinion is his opinion. He doesn't have to explain himself to you or anyone else.

If he was claiming to be stating facts, that's different. But if he's clearly stating it's just his opinion, then there's nothing wrong with that, he's entitled to believe whatever he wants and he doesn't need you to validate his opinions or agree with them in any way.

If you say "Chocolate milk tastes awful" and I say "Chocolate milk tastes great". Do I then have to provide evidence to support my claim? (clue; the answer is no). It's personal preference. Stop being such a snotty contemptuous little prick. All you ever do in a thread is criticize everyone who has an opinion that differs from your own and hound them until they get tired of arguing and just leave the discussion.

Nobody has to prove anything to you. Your nothing. Nobody. You seem to think it's your duty to question everyone on everything because you believe they're wrong, you can't seem to grasp the fact that they're not wrong, they just feel differently about something, they have a different opinion, that doesn't make anyone wrong or anyone right, it just makes them different. Your inability to accept opinions that don't coincide with your own is out right pitiful.

Your opinion isn't worth anything more or anything less than mines, Beezies, Madawgs, Mr Knick, MoGrady, Zunami, the guy that delivers my mail or any other tom, dick and harry.

It's not right and wrong. It's just different perspectives.

Oh, and this was an excellent description of your outlook on this sort of thing;

nobody ever understands anything besides you.

Pretty sure a first round exit is a foregone conclusion for the Warriors no matter what.
my prediction was wrong
“One man can be a crucial ingredient but one man cannot make a team.” - Kareem

“Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable.” - Pat Riley

GSW1Bulls
All-Star

« Reply #114 on: April 25, 2013, 02:12:16 pm »
+1

For the record I actually think Lin is pretty tough, both physically and psychologically. But hey, just my opinion...

Pretty sure a first round exit is a foregone conclusion for the Warriors no matter what.
my prediction was wrong

“Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable.” - Pat Riley

madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #115 on: April 25, 2013, 02:19:18 pm »

Hoopshype is a community.  It may not be much of a community, but it is one.

IRL, if you went around to the same people every day, and you just made stupid points/claims/opinions/arguments/etc all the time, without backing them up, you would quickly build a reputation of being dumb/ridiculous/etc.  Is there any disagreement with this?  People might not call you dumb to your face, but they definitely would not take you serious.

Hoopshype is the same.

GSW1Bulls
All-Star

« Reply #116 on: April 25, 2013, 02:29:12 pm »

Hoopshype is a community.  It may not be much of a community, but it is one.

IRL, if you went around and to the same people every day, and you just made stupid points/claims/opinions/arguments/etc all the time, without backing them up, you would quickly build a reputation of being dumb/ridiculous/etc.  Is there any disagreement with this?  People might not call you dumb to your face, but they definitely would not take you serious.

Hoopshype is the same.

What? That really doesn't happen where I am.

"Oh hey man how hot is Anne Hathaway?!?!" ... "I don't know, not my type really, she was hot in the batman movie but aside from that I'm not a fan", "oh seriously man? Damn I think she's fine"

That's a normal conversation. There's no PROVE ME WRONG SHE IS SO HOT!!!!!! ZOMG!!!

Again you're getting confused, just like Ducky. You lumped claims and arguments in the same category as opinions. Opinions are not the same thing. When you make a claim, that usually infers that you're claiming something to be a fact. When you state an opinion, you're just stating personal preference.

E.G I HATE coffee, but most of my friends love it. Are they right? Am I wrong? Or do we just have different perspectives, different tastes. My ex loved horror movies, I was more into comedy and action movies, was she right? Was I wrong?

People can argue opinions for banter, that's just typical chat, especially with sports like at bars or at your mates house or at work or whatever. But I've yet to see/hear anyone in real life challenging someone to provide evidence like we're sitting in a court room. Debating facts and arguing about opinions are two very different things.

If I was to say to a friend "Michael Jordan was an awful basketball player" he would tear me apart and rightly so because it's factually wrong. But if I was to say "I'm not a fan of Michael Jordan" he would still tear me a  new one, but I wouldn't be wrong, because it's just my opinion, my preference.

my prediction was wrong

xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #117 on: April 25, 2013, 02:31:47 pm »

His opinion is his opinion. He doesn't have to explain himself to you or anyone else.

If he was claiming to be stating facts, that's different. But if he's clearly stating it's just his opinion, then there's nothing wrong with that, he's entitled to believe whatever he wants and he doesn't need you to validate his opinions or agree with them in any way.

Right, he's not going to go to jail or be punished for not backing up his opinion, but it doesn't really have any credibility unless he's willing to do so.  And he's not.  That's kind of the point, he's just a little punk who talks *** but doesn't actually know what he's talking about.

And you understand that this wasn't him saying "I happen to like one thing over another" right?  He was making a statement of value on a player.  Every time you go on one of these stupid rants you come with all kinds of false equivalencies.  Nothing I have ever said is about someone preferring one thing to another but for some reason you always talk like I'm trying to deprive people their right of preference, but that's because you're bitter and not very bright which is a really bad combination.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 02:55:38 pm by xduckshoex » Logged

zunami23
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1312

« Reply #118 on: April 25, 2013, 02:36:08 pm »

If you say "Chocolate milk tastes awful" and I say "Chocolate milk tastes great". Do I then have to provide evidence to support my claim? (clue; the answer is no). It's personal preference.
This is one of those things that unintelligent people don't understand. Personal preference is something completely different and irrelevant to what Beezie said. Claiming a player is soft is entirely different than saying you don't like a certain player. One asserts a claim and the other presents a personal preference. It's a remarkably simple distinction yet I would suspect that around 40% of the people on here understand it.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #119 on: April 25, 2013, 02:42:00 pm »

What? That really doesn't happen where I am.

"Oh hey man how hot is Anne Hathaway?!?!" ... "I don't know, not my type really, she was hot in the batman movie but aside from that I'm not a fan", "oh seriously man? Damn I think she's fine"

That's a normal conversation. There's no PROVE ME WRONG SHE IS SO HOT!!!!!! ZOMG!!!

Again you're getting confused, just like Ducky. You lumped claims and arguments in the same category as opinions. Opinions are not the same thing. When you make a claim, that usually infers that you're claiming something to be a fact. When you state an opinion, you're just stating personal preference.

E.G I HATE coffee, but most of my friends love it. Are they right? Am I wrong? Or do we just have different perspectives, different tastes. My ex loved horror movies, I was more into comedy and action movies, was she right? Was I wrong?

People can argue opinions for banter, that's just typical chat, especially with sports like at bars or at your mates house or at work or whatever. But I've yet to see/hear anyone in real life challenging someone to provide evidence like we're sitting in a court room. Debating facts and arguing about opinions are two very different things.

If I was to say to a friend "Michael Jordan was an awful basketball player" he would tear me apart and rightly so because it's factually wrong. But if I was to say "I'm not a fan of Michael Jordan" he would still tear me a  new one, but I wouldn't be wrong, because it's just my opinion, my preference.

You are talking about preference, though.  You like Anne Hathaway, that is your right.  You do not like coffee, fine.

But, if I went around saying stuff like, "much more severe gun regulations would have little to no impact on gun violence in the US"

or

"George W Bush is one of the better presidents that the US has had in recent memory"

or

"Adoption by homosexual parents is wrong, because it has adverse effects on the children later in life"

and I gave no evidence to back me up, I would not be taken serious.  I am not talking about my personal preferences, I am making claims about things that evidence can be supplied for and against.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Up

Jump to: