Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are the Spurs improving or deproving?  (Read 4659 times)
Kilogram
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: July 22, 2006, 04:01:19 am »

Nick Van Exel is a free agent, and the Spurs signed point guard Jacque Vaughn whos probably gonna compete with Beno Udrih. I think Van Exel is better.

And Nazr Mohammed and Rasho Nesterovich left and are replaced by Jackie Butler and Francisco Elson

I've heard Tim Duncan is moving to center too, so is the Spurs done making moves? if so I think they'll still be good.. just not like they were last year. Especially if Elson starts.
lakerfanryan8
Starter

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 09:58:43 pm »

thier not getting any better but they'll do fine

lakerfanryan8 is on the "Greg Oden will be a bust bandwagon."

Halfdan The Black
Journeyman

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 01:08:59 am »

I would guess this year that the Spurs will win about 57 or so games.  Their bench is getting older, slower and their is little to no help coming in to change things.  The core of Duncan/Parker/Ginobli should remain as good allowing them to remain in the hunt.
legenderypete
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 08:25:15 am »

I think at center they got more athletic and beter because Mohammed and nestrovic where very slow paced, so they improved in that sence, but overall they probably stayed the same
NYK99
Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 06:26:14 pm »

im a knick fan and i watched jackie butler play last season. really good player. great pickup for the spurs because he adds some nice young talent to a predominantly veteran squad.

Clutchinson
Undrafted

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 03:12:55 am »

FYI, "deproving" isn't a word.
skatenike
Benchwarmer

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 04:20:05 am »

Quote from: "Clutchinson"
FYI, "deproving" isn't a word.

nice job..... but even though this is already an old thread and the season has started, they have improved with their new guys.  All of them are faster, younger, more athletic and for the most part can shoot just as good or better.
a-dre
Benchwarmer

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2006, 05:40:27 pm »

Quote from: "NYK99"
im a knick fan and i watched jackie butler play last season. really good player. great pickup for the spurs because he adds some nice young talent to a predominantly veteran squad.

he's barely played tho
legenderypete
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2006, 06:49:41 pm »

Quote from: "a-dre"
Quote from: "NYK99"

he's barely played tho

thats because elson and oberto are playin well even tho there stats arnt that great
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 01:59:43 am »

i'd say they are at a constant, not getting much better or worse, i see them getting better based on the improvement of tony parker and manu ginobili, if they get better then so do the spurs and vice versa

a-dre
Benchwarmer

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2006, 09:27:44 pm »

judging from their first few games, they've improved. elson is that 5 that they need. udrih has improved his g. brent barry's steppin up. manu's healthy
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2006, 12:36:46 am »

Quote from: "a-dre"
judging from their first few games, they've improved. elson is that 5 that they need. udrih has improved his g. brent barry's steppin up. manu's healthy

yes im definitely liking brent barry's contributions so far, good for them

Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2006, 06:20:24 am »

they just got deeper becuse elson is definitely better than mohammed,jackie butler can post nesterovic cant plus eric williams a great locker rom presence theyd win it all this year for maybe the last time

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
legenderypete
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2006, 08:37:23 am »

Quote from: "kingdumcome"
they just got deeper becuse elson is definitely better than mohammed,jackie butler can post nesterovic cant plus eric williams a great locker rom presence theyd win it all this year for maybe the last time

dont forget oberto the starter hes avg 9.2 pts, 6.6 rebounds in 23mins and averaging 88perc shootin  :shock:  which is pretty amazing
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: