Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oversea players that have already been drafted:  (Read 10363 times)
MettaFan
All-Star

Respect: +532

« on: April 24, 2013, 12:51:14 am »

Who's the best player that's overseas that already has his rights drafted by an NBA team? Is there any gems like Rubio over yonder still?

Metta's Christmas song (via his twitter):
Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
Oscar Rafone
MVP

Respect: +452

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 05:36:51 am »

Kostas Papanikolaou is the first that come to my mind

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man

Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

Respect: +48

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 09:43:29 am »

Fran vasquez is the only lottery pick i know
JR
a.k.a. JR the BeatBeast & Mr. Solo Dolo & Queensbridge
Hall of Famer

#RARE

Respect: +337

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 12:54:46 pm »
+1

Nemanja Bjelica

MettaFan
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 05:18:29 pm »

I don't really keep track of overseas players, how good are those guys? Like who'd you compare them to? And who has their rights?

Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
JR
a.k.a. JR the BeatBeast & Mr. Solo Dolo & Queensbridge
Hall of Famer

#RARE

Respect: +337

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 05:37:04 pm »

I don't really keep track of overseas players, how good are those guys? Like who'd you compare them to? And who has their rights?
The Blazers and Spurs own all of them. Don't touch.

Brxa
Benchwarmer

Respect: +25

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2013, 06:52:00 am »

Nemanja Bjelica

The word is that Bjelica might be coming to Minnesota over the summer (they own his rights).  He's a 6'9 or 6'10" SF, good defensive rebounder, good handles and passing (can play point forward).  Weakness is the foot speed on the defensive end.  Average shooter.

timmio1990
Star

Respect: +483

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2013, 07:04:46 am »

The word is that Bjelica might be coming to Minnesota over the summer (they own his rights).  He's a 6'9 or 6'10" SF, good defensive rebounder, good handles and passing (can play point forward).  Weakness is the foot speed on the defensive end.  Average shooter.

They already have one of the best passers in the league and probably the best rebounder as well when healthy, they need to start drafting some dudes who can shoot/score..
MettaFan
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2013, 10:11:16 am »

Still doesn't hurt to have someone to help make up for AK's departure.

pooflakes
Starter

Respect: +30

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 08:49:55 am »

Turkyilmaz could probably be a good center in the league(denvers rights)

There is also rumours of mirotic coming to the bulls this year one of the best players in europe who only 22, but there is buyout issues and that he would make less in the nba than in europe so that a stumbling block.

LuisBrosso
Journeyman

Respect: +16

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 04:47:48 am »

Perhaps the best players playing in Europe right now are:

PG: Farmar, Teodosic, Diamantidis, McCalebb, Law, S. Rodríguez,
SG: Spanoulis, Navarro, R. Fernández, Weems, Langford, Llull,
SF: Mickeal, Nocioni, Papanikolau,
PF: Khryapa, Hines, Mirotic, Lasme,
C: Krstic, Tomic, Kaun,

Some of them have already played in the NBA, some even have had a decent career (Nocioni, S. Rodriguez...), but I don´t see any great player in Europe now who could be an average or top-200 NBA player. Still, there are 10/12 players in Europe who could play in the NBA as backup players for lottery teams.
Gregor_fucka
Undrafted

Respect: +8

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2014, 10:24:31 am »

Just those I've seen this year live in Milan for Eurobasket matches:

Mirotic (Chicago): great 4, lacks a bit of athleticism for NBA standards but he's a great player by any other facet of the game: great shooter, quite tall (209 cm), nice post game, can run the floor, dribble, rebound. Just a little lazy maybe, and that's what could hurt his chances in the league (think Bargnani: a lot of talent, but not so much willingness to work to use it...).

Bjelica (Minnesota): great point forward, nice shot, sees the floor pretty well, can play 3 positions, is very long and has a great offensive game. To me he's the only contender Mirotic has for the title of best Eurobasket player (maybe he has a little less potential, but right now they're at the same level)

Kleiza (-): you've already seen him so you know his strenghts and weaknesses. Good talent offensively, bad defender, lacks in the intangibles area. A pity, could have been a serviceable role player in the league

R. Fernandez (-): could have been a star even in the league (he's got 3s, athleticism, smarts), but needs to be the leader on his team. He will easily be the best Eurobasket player of this generation you will never see playing at his full potential in the NBA. Really a shame

Tomic (Utah): really tall (217 cm), great passer, nice shooter from medium range, can run the floor, but needs to bulk up a lot to play in the league. Don't know if he's willing to put himself to test in the USA, right now he's one of the top dogs in Eurobasket and maybe he likes it that way...

Hezonja (-): scouts are really high on him in this draft, but he's still very very raw. Nice touch, sees the floor well, explosive first step, but he's still not a basketball player. Couple of year from being NBA ready at best...

Papanikolau (Portland): not that much actually. Makes a lot of things well, but none extremely well. Think Datome for a comparison

Mejri (-): big body, good defender (in a team concept, I've got my doubts whether he can be as efficient in a poor team), he might be a good garbage time/6 fouls C. No offensive game at all

Turkyilmaz (Denver): very long, nice touch, but as thin as a rail

Hackett (-): he can be a nice surprise: a hell of a defender, great size, a lot of smarts, can run an offense and shoot the occasional 3. Could be a great backup PG for the right team

Gentile (-): he's a strange player. Great physical tools (if he develops into a SG, which should be his role if he wants to stand a chance in the league), a lot of determination, but he's as stupid as a player can get (his father, an Italian legendary PG, was one of the smartest players around, but looks like basketball IQ jumps a generation...) and has a really bad shooting mechanic. If it wasn't for his ENORMOUS heart and willingness to excel, I'd rule him out of any conversation about the league, but being the competitive stud he is, I think we haven't seen his best yet (he's a late '92, almost '93...). If someone is willing to take a risk with a second round pick on him (and to work on his flaws for a year or 2...) can be rewarded with a steal (or burn a second rounder with an absolutely useless player  Cheesy )

Never seen live Capela, Nurkic, Saric, Bogdanovic and Micic, so I'm gonna pass on them...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 03:37:08 pm by Gregor_fucka » Logged
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2014, 02:20:06 am »

Welcome to HH
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: