Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: OFFSEASON THREAD, TALK AND ***  (Read 9047 times)
Kyle_G
a.k.a. Cbosh4awin & Reptar
MVP

Respect: +1198

« on: April 26, 2013, 10:35:52 am »

Hi
lil_flip_remix
MVP

Montréal, Canada

Respect: +1181

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 02:41:34 pm »

Flip is the only poster I trust enough to have added on Facebook haha. he also happens to be a beautiful man
pooflakes
Starter

Respect: +30

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 08:20:25 am »

alvin williams is released from the raptors backroom staff endin his long tenure with the team. Sad

Kobe#1Vince#2
a.k.a. YHWHtheKing
MVP

Respect: +500

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 08:14:25 pm »

The Toronto Raptors will win the NBA championship in the next 10 years.
Fireball
a.k.a. Vict
Star

Respect: +143

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 02:55:58 am »

LaMarcus Aldridge on the block. Thinking we should make a run for his services.

"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court" - Alvin Williams
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 10:56:45 am »

LaMarcus Aldridge on the block. Thinking we should make a run for his services.

I really like Aldridge but I can't see the Raptors having anyone enticing enough for the Blazers to make a deal with them.

Soon....
Kyle_G
a.k.a. Cbosh4awin & Reptar
MVP

Respect: +1198

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 11:28:16 am »

Grange posted a tid bit today guessing that everyone on the Raptors sans Jonie is available.

Also looks like the Raps are really trying to get into the draft.
Fireball
a.k.a. Vict
Star

Respect: +143

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 01:21:54 pm »

Grange posted a tid bit today guessing that everyone on the Raptors sans Jonie is available.

Also looks like the Raps are really trying to get into the draft.

I thought that much. I don't know what Portland wants. The Cavs gave up a bunch of players including their #1 overall draft pick and it got rejected. I don't know how we can top that offer. Expect big deals to happen tonight for the Raptors though. Just a hunch.

"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court" - Alvin Williams
Max Power
All-Star

Respect: +917

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 12:21:20 am »

OFF-SEASON WISH LIST

1) Deal Gay to the Pistons for KCP, Charlie V, and/or Jerebko and/or Kravtsov (If Pistons want to dump their salary to chase Smith and/or Rondo)

2) Raptors are supposedly looking for a 3rd team before Monday to help work the Bargnani deal in order to send Camby to a contending team. Perhaps he can be convinced that the Wolves qualify and ship him there along with the second round picks NY would have sent to TO for JJ Barea.

3) Taking advantage of the lowly Bucks, who have lost 3 wing players so far this off-season, the Raptors swoop in and work out a S&T with Brandon Jennings that sends Derozan and Lowry to the Bucks and the Raptors also recieve Ekpe Udoh.

4) Sign Shaun Livingston because I like him.

5) Get rid of Aaron Gray because he's really bad.

6) Amnesty Kleiza (obviously)

Roll with a core of

Valanciunas
Amir
Fields
KCP
Jennings

Ross
Udoh
Livingston
Barea
Novak
Acy

and enjoy a wonderful season of tanking for Andrew Wiggins.
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 01:17:42 am »

Lowry is better than Jennings,  no need to make that trade.  With Gay and Bargnani off the books the Raptors would have their flexibility back so they can work with Derozan to round out his game and get whatever they can out of him.  His contract will be coming off the books when it comes time to offer Jonas his extension so that will work out fine.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 01:20:59 am by xduckshoex » Logged

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
Kobe#1Vince#2
a.k.a. YHWHtheKing
MVP

Respect: +500

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2013, 05:11:08 am »

Lowry is better than Jennings,  no need to make that trade.  With Gay and Bargnani off the books the Raptors would have their flexibility back so they can work with Derozan to round out his game and get whatever they can out of him.  His contract will be coming off the books when it comes time to offer Jonas his extension so that will work out fine.

Absolutely not true.
Max Power
All-Star

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2013, 10:25:37 am »

Absolutely not true.

It's actually very true but my reasoning behind this deal is that Lowry will probably go elsewhere and leave them with nothing and most free agents wont sign in TO so go after Jennings now. I like him a whole lot more than Derozan and truthfully, even though I know that Lowry is as good as he is, I hate his "head-down" style of play for a PG. I doubt Jonas will ever get the touches he needs unless Lowry is gone or the coach forces him to feed the post, which will likely cause Lowry to get mad.
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2013, 11:17:37 am »

There is no truth to this "free agents won't sign in Toronto" nonsense.  If they have the money and a decent team they will be just as successful in free agency as everyone else who has money and a decent team.

The Raptors can't make moves with this "nobody likes us" mentality or it just becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
Max Power
All-Star

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2013, 11:52:19 am »

Brandon Jennings likes us.
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2013, 11:53:43 am »

Brandon Jennings likes any team stupid enough to pay him the near-max money he wants.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Jump to: