Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boozer to Memphis trade  (Read 5241 times)
blah
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: June 20, 2006, 12:01:39 pm »

What do you think of a trade?  Send Boozer to Memphis for Mike Miller and maybe Hakim Warrick or Dhantay Jones.  The salaries just about work out.  If not this, tell me what would be a good one for both sides and why.[/b]
monkeycat
Undrafted

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 10:35:18 am »

How does this trade help the Jazz?  Remember that Mike Miller was once traded for Gordon Giricek, meaning that many people in the league view these two as comparable players.  The only difference I see between Miller and Gordon is that Miller has about 35 million more in salary.  

The only trade that I would make with Memphis would be Boozer for Gasol, but this doesn't really change the dynamic of either team.  Memphis would still lack a tough, never say die leader that they are looking for and the Jazz would still have two PFs.

I don't trust Kevin O'Conner, but I really don't believe any report of the Jazz trading Boozer to Memphis.  It just makes no sense at all.
Oogruk
Undrafted

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 01:32:47 pm »

Miller was obtained from Orlando for Drew Gooden and Giricek.  The rumor I heard regarding Memphis was Miller and Battier for Boozer, which made more sense.
saxoman
Undrafted

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 11:51:41 pm »

Absolutely not...build around the existing core of the team. We're 2-3 good players away from getting things back on track.
rhyno
Undrafted

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 08:59:37 am »

Don't trade Boozer.  At least not for shorter whiter guys.

He's a solid PF.  

Not a go-to guy, but definitely worth holding on to.  Poor man's Elton Brand.  Great left hand around the basket.

The Boozer, the Brewer and the Miller.  How can you break that up?
big bad kahoona
Benchwarmer

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 01:54:24 pm »

Don't trade Boozer. At least not for shorter whiter guys

Racist

Boozer wouldn't compliment Gasol well. He used to be labeled as tough guy but now he's just soft. Gasol needs an enforcer playing up front with him.

If i cant dazzle u with brilliance, then ima baffle u with bullshit...
Daggette_Punk
Undrafted

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 04:37:26 pm »

Quote from: "big bad kahoona"
Don't trade Boozer. At least not for shorter whiter guys

Racist

Boozer wouldn't compliment Gasol well. He used to be labeled as tough guy but now he's just soft. Gasol needs an enforcer playing up front with him.

Yeah, what's up with the white comment?  Are you trying to start a fight or something?

Seriously, at this point, I don't think we should trade Boozer anymore.  We're trading for Derek Fisher, so we don't need a shooter anymore.  The only thing we need is a defensive center.  There really isn't that many in the league anymore.  The only ones that I would like are guys like Dalembert, Pryzbilla, etc.  Of course, I'd rather trade Boozer for Brand, but that'll never happen.  

I'm not really sold on Magloire.  I know he's been mentioned as possible trade bait, but I feel he's lost a step.  We should just play Kirilenko at center and be done with it. Wink

I'm also not sure if Dalembert is worth his contract.  I would've considered Chandler + player for Boozer but now that he's being traded then that deal's out.  Boozer is worth more to this team than what other teams can provide in trade, at least at the moment.  I say wait until the trade deadline before jumping the gun.

"I like cheese."
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 02:35:27 am »

lol, this topic didn't last long, lol

Halfdan The Black
Journeyman

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2006, 07:20:55 am »

I think Jerry West is too smart to take a jerkoff like Carloz Boozer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: