Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: We Phil Jackson now  (Read 2789 times)
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« on: May 03, 2013, 12:30:14 pm »

What do you guys think? Is Joe D on his way out?

It's so random to me that Phil would be interested in being an "adviser" for picking out a coach, let alone for the Pistons.

There's got to be a lot more to this.

buddy holly
Star

( - ) ( - ) Yeah Buddy

Respect: +238

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 12:43:39 pm »

Dumars stays, at least for now. If Gores and Jackson's relationship is really what it's being made out to be (he's consulting for a payment of ZERO DOLLARS), Phil doesn't take a job this year, advises Detroit on coach search/draft picks. Dumars gets canned next year, Gores gives Phil his job and ownership shares. Jackson continues to watch Drummond (working with Hakeem this summer), Monroe and the pick this year develop and when Drummond fully beasts out, he makes the move to the bench. Nut

buddy holly
Star

( - ) ( - ) Yeah Buddy

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 12:45:13 pm »

Jackson should advise Detroit to tank, grab kobe(wiggins), win titles

Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

Respect: +2046

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 02:43:29 pm »

hahaha we could have just had this convo in real life

Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

Respect: +48

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 12:46:54 pm »

im all in for wiggins and parker
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 09:26:18 pm »

Randle is not going to be a bad consolation prize at all for whoever gets him, the top 3 is loaded next draft.
thetravellingpalmer
Starter

Respect: +28

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 11:38:59 am »

I think Jackson is getting another credit on his resume, that will help him apply for management positions in other teams, and Gores/Pistons garners a little national attention for the team.

I think that's about all it amounts to. Jackson would like a front office job, he does not need one. Additionally, his fiance, Jeanie Buss, isn't about to quit her job and move to Detroit.

thetravellingpalmer
Starter

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 11:40:39 am »

Jackson should advise Detroit to tank, grab kobe(wiggins), win titles

That's literally the best advice they could get. Their next season is already an automatic loss anyways. The only difference would be between picking around 1-3 or picking around 10-14.
buddy holly
Star

( - ) ( - ) Yeah Buddy

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 12:50:42 pm »

hahaha we could have just had this convo in real life
We did, via text

buddy holly
Star

( - ) ( - ) Yeah Buddy

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 12:51:44 pm »

I think Jackson is getting another credit on his resume, that will help him apply for management positions in other teams, and Gores/Pistons garners a little national attention for the team.

I think that's about all it amounts to. Jackson would like a front office job, he does not need one. Additionally, his fiance, Jeanie Buss, isn't about to quit her job and move to Detroit.

So are you saying the only front office job Phil would ever take is with the Clippers?

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 11:53:21 pm »

Phil  Cool
thetravellingpalmer
Starter

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2013, 06:16:41 am »

So are you saying the only front office job Phil would ever take is with the Clippers?

Depends. He doesn't want to be a GM, he wants more of a paid adviser role, similar to what Jerry West has with the Warriors.

In that scenario, he could certainly work out of any place he so chose to live. But, it may be a stretch to assume he's going to relocate, unless it's for an amazing opportunity. Detroit lacks what anyone of his stature would consider an "amazing opportunity". 
buddy holly
Star

( - ) ( - ) Yeah Buddy

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2013, 04:49:37 pm »

Depends. He doesn't want to be a GM, he wants more of a paid adviser role, similar to what Jerry West has with the Warriors.

In that scenario, he could certainly work out of any place he so chose to live. But, it may be a stretch to assume he's going to relocate, unless it's for an amazing opportunity. Detroit lacks what anyone of his stature would consider an "amazing opportunity". 

a. Where did you see this? I've read multiple places that he'd like to take charge of the basketball operations for an NBA team. That includes coach selection, roster selection, draft, etc. That's what Toronto wants. That's what Seattle would call him for. He's never once said "I want to be a paid adviser".

b. I'd also like to point out that, even though it's extremely unlikely he'd ever want anything more to do with the Pistons than an UNPAID adviser gig, Detroit has a pretty nice center that is probably going to turn into an all star. The team is still a year or two away from making the playoffs, which means HIGH draft picks. One bounce of the ping pong ball could get Detroit the #1 pick next year, and if Phil wouldn't want to lead the charge of the Drummond-Monroe-Wiggins dynasty, he'd be a loony man, not a Zen Master.

thetravellingpalmer
Starter

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2013, 08:56:51 pm »

I believe I read that about Jackson on MLive, I could be wrong. It may have been on yahoo sports.

Also, people are so high on Drummond it's ridiculous. I like the kid, he has a ton of promise. But I think people are over selling what he really is.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2013, 12:03:25 am »

Phil may be working on a deal with the Pistons
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: