Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Jazz - Going Forward  (Read 4385 times)
Max Power
All-Star

Respect: +917

« on: August 15, 2011, 04:51:23 am »

It's once again time for the Jazz to rebuild, but it looks like they got a head start this time. The problem is now they have to move Al Jefferson, the guy they brought in to help the now departed Williams. I think sending him and Gordon Hayward to the Pacers for Danny Granger works well for both teams. The Jazz have a nice mix of youth and prime talent and can still compete for the post-season. Their rotation might look like:

Kanter
Favors
Granger
Miles
Harris
Bell
Okur

That's an Ok 10 right there.

What do you think of
A) The deal
B) The Jazz chances next season
majestic canadian smurf
All-Star

Respect: +650

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 06:29:02 am »

It's once again time for the Jazz to rebuild, but it looks like they got a head start this time. The problem is now they have to move Al Jefferson, the guy they brought in to help the now departed Williams. I think sending him and Gordon Hayward to the Pacers for Danny Granger works well for both teams. The Jazz have a nice mix of youth and prime talent and can still compete for the post-season. Their rotation might look like:

Kanter
Favors
Granger
Miles
Harris
Bell
Okur

That's an Ok 10 right there.

What do you think of
A) The deal
B) The Jazz chances next season

Disagree. Hayward has shown he is a solid SF and is willing to work hard to improve. I think they keep Kanter/Favours/Hayward together (hopefully one of the two big-men develops into an All-Star). There are some All-Star calibre guards coming through the draft in the next two years (Shabazz Muhammed, Jeremy Lamb, Austin Rivers etc.) and the Jazz could certainly put themselves in a position to snag one if they deal Jefferson and Harris.

Kanter
Favors/Millsap
Hayward/Miles
*Drafted SG
*If only they had kept Maynor/Drafted PG

RepeatTheThreepeat
MVP

Respect: +3275

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 03:49:30 pm »

it might be nice to get the kanter/favors front court started together, but the jazz still have paul millsap who is still only 25. he's more polished than favors and makes above average money to be a bench player behind a 20 year old prospect. if they are for sure they want to rebuild completely, they should decide whether or not millsap is a piece for the future and have him start (with favors off the bench to learn from millsap), or trade millsap while he's still relatively young and valuable to a team in need of power forward help for young prospects/picks/expiring etc.

trading jefferson is a pretty good move, i think, for rebuilding. the jazz still have okur to back up kanter (if he starts) this year and then he expires.

skywalker33
Star

Respect: +311

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 03:44:12 pm »

MAybe you should change the title to "Going Backward"

"i don't always post in the General NBA section, but when i do, i post something stupid"
JazzMatt13
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 01:08:16 am »

For those who might not get it yet:

Hayward, Kanter and Favors are going to play here for the next 3-5 years minimum. Burks is probably going to also, but he might have fate of Mathews or Brewer.

Burke and Gobert are also going to be playing here for the next 4+ years, so making any kind of team without them in it, then it ain't going to happen! Considering getting rid of any of them is insane.

The only change you should expect for his year, is the hiring of 2 more players. Foye and Tinsley are likely canidates, and expect Mo to be in Dallas or I think Bucks.
Max Power
All-Star

Respect: +917

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 10:07:37 am »

posts are dated. check 'em.
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 01:12:35 am »

Somebody has been thread grave digging.
Pages: [1]   Go Up