Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Any Jazz fans out there?  (Read 15574 times)
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2013, 11:22:49 pm »

I wonder why they don't do more to keep Al.
MettaFan
All-Star

Respect: +532

« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2013, 11:54:45 pm »

I'd rather keep Jefferson than Milsap since he can play both positions..Jefferson would help the development of Kanter and Favors more than Milsap too.

Metta's Christmas song (via his twitter):
Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
MettaFan
All-Star

« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2013, 01:06:29 pm »
+1

...and Al Jefferson is a Bobcat!  That sucks.

Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
JazzMatt13
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2013, 02:49:15 pm »

I think the move with Malone, was kind of a pre-cursor to Jazz considering that maybe they don't need a Veteran big to guide Kanter, Favors and Gobert. Not to mention Favors is getting older, and doesn't need that adult guidance as much as someone like Gobert, who is just coming in. I think Favors will learn more by bringing Gobert under his wing, rather than being put under someone else's wing who is on the team.
"The best way to learn, is to teach" -Frank Oppenheimer

Favors can now get 30mpg, Kanter can get 20mpg, and Gobert can get that 15mpg. Millsap or some new FA can take the 30mpg that Millsap was getting, or if we start our Two Bigs, Kanter can take the 30mpg, and the new FA can take the 20mpg. Either way Favors and Kanter can now get more of those clutch minutes that they need to grow faster! Look at Lillard. Those minutes add up, and turn into experience.

I personally thought Jefferson was kind of a bad influence, especially on Millsap; he seemed to change over the last couple years in his overall game, like the way he approached it. Just because Big Al has a great shot, doesn't mean he can help our younglings on or even off the court. Malone is x10 more qualified because he trained, and worked insanely hard to become one of the greatest players to play the game. He knows what Kanter and Favors need to do to become All-Stars, and he is their best shot at ever winning a Ring or becoming HOF's.
thetreesarenice
Starter

Respect: +48

« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2013, 04:17:20 pm »

Jazz use a good chunk of their cap space to acquire Jefferson, Biedrins and Rush from the Warriors for a 2014 1rst overall. None of these guys will get in the way of their young foundation. They grab another 1rst, but with the talent the Warriors have (with Iggy now) the pick won't be high.

Not what I had in mind in terms of off-season moves, but getting another 1rst for some expiring deals is a good thing.
MettaFan
All-Star

« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2013, 01:10:44 am »

They must've been ridiculously high on Rush or had no faith in recruiting any FA's this year.

defenseallday
MVP

Respect: +188

« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2013, 12:23:01 pm »

They must've been ridiculously high on Rush or had no faith in recruiting any FA's this year.

They have to spend a certain amount of money so why not get a first rounder out of it.

Excited to see what Kanter/Favors/Hayward/Burke & the other young guard can do together with a lot of minutes up for grabs now.
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2013, 11:39:57 pm »

Well they didn't panic and stuck to their guns and let the big guys leave.
thetreesarenice
Starter

« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2013, 10:35:01 am »

Kanter, Biedrins, Gobert
Favors
Hayward, Williams, Jefferson, Evans
Burks, Rush
Burke, McNeal

This is where the team stands today. They sure have been slow at adding to their needs. I still don't see a back up PF or a proper back up PG. I'm not sure if they intend on using McNeal as the back up.

What is the status of Brandon Rush's injury? Will he be ready for opening night?

I am still thinking Jason Maxiell at 2 year 6.5 million dollars. 2nd year is a team option
thetreesarenice
Starter

« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2013, 07:37:39 pm »

John Lucas signs with the Jazz. They still don't have a proper back up PG, but I guess they chose Lucas to fill that role. I watched him last season with Toronto. A third string guard IMO.

Kanter, Biedrins, Gobert
Favors
Hayward, Williams, Jefferson, Evans
Burks, Rush
Burke, Lucas, McNeal
MettaFan
All-Star

« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2013, 08:26:10 pm »

I'm pretty sure Rush should be back.  Didn't he tear his ACL in the preseason last year?

They should make a run at K-Mart.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2013, 02:22:14 am »

Kenyon?
thetreesarenice
Starter

« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2013, 11:14:12 am »

No way.
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2013, 09:12:04 am »
+1

I can't wait to see the progress of both Kanter and Favors with Al Jeff and Milsap out of the way. Especially Favors, still intrigued by that sky high potential, I must admit!

LET'S GO HEAT.
thetreesarenice
Starter

« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2013, 04:21:46 pm »

Favors is going to be a monster next year. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Jump to: