Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Any Jazz fans out there?  (Read 15472 times)
MettaFan
All-Star

Respect: +532

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2013, 02:10:20 am »

Got arguably the best PG in the draft...is he good enough going forward?

Metta's Christmas song (via his twitter):
Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
thetreesarenice
Starter

Respect: +48

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2013, 08:56:10 am »

I was happy to see Utah traded for Burke. With this, the contract offer I thought the Jazz should offer Calderon is out the window. Burke is now the main PG. Is he good enough going forward? Who knows. But he is going to be thrown out there as the teams rookie starter and given all the time in the world to develop.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2013, 02:02:57 am »

Well they grabbed a beast PG.
MettaFan
All-Star

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2013, 02:30:49 am »

Part of me thinks MCW was the better PG in the draft though...But Utah is set going forward with Burke-Burks-Hayward-Favors-Kanter, all good young guys!

Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
thetreesarenice
Starter

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2013, 09:07:43 am »

I'd say the jury is still out on Kanter and Burks. Both young, talented players. But part of the future of the Jazz is yet to be known. Hopefully there is a lot of minutes for them to showcase what they have, or don't have.

Favors, Hayward & Burke. These guys are the foundation. If Favors moves into the starting PF spot next season, he is my bet for Most Improved Player, and the biggest steal in the fantasy basketball season.
MettaFan
All-Star

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2013, 11:32:33 am »

Has Burks really been given an opportunity to play though??  And I have faith that Kanter will turn out...hopefully he starts this coming year too.

It is going to suck for the commentators with Burke and Burks... Cheesy

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2013, 01:54:59 am »

I hope they let Al Jeff walk, CHA are pursuing him.
thetreesarenice
Starter

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2013, 09:45:27 am »

So things have changed in the past few days. When I was thinking about who would be the best back up PF to play behind Favors I came up with Jason Maxiell at 2 year 6.5 million dollar. 2nd year is a team option

My real choice was Marreese Speights, but I assumed he would accept his player option in Cleveland and wouldn't be in play. I was surprised to see he has opted out to become a UFA.

The Utah Jazz offer PF Marresse Speights a 2 year 10.5 million dollar contract. Fully guaranteed. 5.008/5.500

thetreesarenice
Starter

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2013, 01:43:07 pm »

The Utah Jazz offer PG Beno Udrih a 1 year 6.6 million dollar contract.

Burke is the starter here, and Udrih plays off the bench. The team remains financially flexible to add another SG, while avoiding long term contracts,  keeping money available for extensions for Favors and Hayward.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2013, 01:16:16 am »

Udrih is a good backup and rotation player.
Shawn Kemps Kids
Star

Respect: +817

« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2013, 03:18:02 am »
+1

I hope they let Al Jeff walk, CHA are pursuing him.

Why? He just makes them better. No Wiggins for you.
MettaFan
All-Star

« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2013, 10:29:47 pm »

I feel like there were better uses of money than 6.6 mil on Beno, he's not worth that much...And Al Jeff should go to Detroit and star as the PF, and mix everything up with everyone.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2013, 03:16:07 am »

Why? He just makes them better. No Wiggins for you.

Maybe he won't help that much
thetreesarenice
Starter

« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2013, 03:27:03 pm »

The Jazz have been quiet the past three days. Lots of players and teams coming to agreements but no news out of Utah.
MettaFan
All-Star

« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2013, 09:17:38 pm »

They're waiting to silently sneak away with D12.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Jump to: